Cruising in Feb, question about Bonaire...

curlybelle2

We are cruising on Feb 18th. Does anyone know if we are able to do our own excursion in Bonaire? We are interested in the golf carts but not sure if we are allowed to. 

On Bonaire's web page they ask for " PCR test that has been taken within 48 hours before departure" but we will have the rapid antigen test. 

Anyone know?

thanks

MustangGT,  Did you have to show the original vaccination card or was a copy or pic on your phone ok. I’m really hesitant to bring my original card everywhere. I don’t want to damage or lose it.  It is not that sturdy.

We are cruising on Feb 18th also. I did reserve a golf cart in Bonaire.  As of now it looks like our only stop that needs a ships tour is Dominica 

42 minutes ago, Michele M said:

MustangGT,  Did you have to show the original vaccination card or was a copy or pic on your phone ok. I’m really hesitant to bring my original card everywhere. I don’t want to damage or lose it.  It is not that sturdy.

After our first vaccination (January 22, 2021) I purchased these plastic holders for the vaccination cards.  They are very sturdy and I just keep it in my passport.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XVN1HDR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 hour ago, MustangGT said:

We are in Bonaire today on the Regal.  We were free to leave the ship and do as we please.  Onshore security was checking everyone’s vaccination cards very carefully.

Your experience may differ in a few weeks.

Thanks for your update!  We are also on the Feb 18th voyage and really want to go to Bonaire - We probably won't know if we can dock till the day we get there.  Fingers crossed!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wander58 said:

Thanks for your update!  We are also on the Feb 18th voyage and really want to go to Bonaire - We probably won't know if we can dock till the day we get there.  Fingers crossed!

Thanks for everyone's reply, but Wander58 is right we won't know for sure until we get there. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Michele M said:

We are cruising on Feb 18th also. I did reserve a golf cart in Bonaire.  As of now it looks like our only stop that needs a ships tour is Dominica 

We showed our original card so I don’t know about copies, QR codes etc. instructions were to bring proof of vaccination. It did not specify original so I would think a copy would work. 
Had a beautiful day in Bonaire!!

Feb 18 is a month off.  Anyone who says that they know what the regulations will be next month is kidding themselves and kidding you.  Nobody even knows 1 week out.  Some people just recently found out that their cruise was cancelled while they were in transit to the cruise port.

DON

Edited by donaldsc
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, dg33 said:

We are on the Feb 18 cruise also. Can someone tell me about the golf carts you were mentioning?

Check out www.bonairecruisers.com.  There is also info the the Caribbean Ports of Call board.

We had a great time circumnavigating the island.  If you have time stop at the donkey sanctuary too. 

23 hours ago, dg33 said:

We are on the Feb 18 cruise also. Can someone tell me about the golf carts you were mentioning?

I emailed them and they got back to me very prompt. I just used the email from their web page. (info@bonairecruisers.com) They seemed very friendly and professional. 

We would have reserved a cart with them, but they didn't have a four-seater. 

We just rented carts last week on a Celebrity cruise. Our vaccine cards were checked when we got off but no test was required. We rented 2 carts for the 3 of us and had a blast. We went north first and snorkeled at 1000 Steps, then went back south around the island. They provide you with maps and directions. It was a fun day.