Spring Transatlantics

charlielinda

All most any of us can suggest is that you shouldn't have any expectations 90 days out.  Things are changing too rapidly.  We could be mostly out of the woods by April.  That said, I'd be more comfortable booking a Fall westbound TA at this point in time.  Also has the benefit of getting an extra hour of sleep several times on the way home!

• Like 1

DH and I are also supposed to be on April 30 TA.  The short answer is : No one knows! The long answer is:  No one knows! We are going to make our final payment which is due January 30 and hope for the best- we have until 48 hours before sailing to decide.  I would hate to miss any ports but the cruise is a destination in itself.  If Belgium and France are shut down we may come straight home instead of doing our land tour.  
I have made cancellable hotel and airline reservations and we have trip insurance. One thing is that we may just focus on France and do Belgium another time, depending upon the entry requirements. I don’t believe any countries will shut down as last spring- but everyone has their own risk tolerance.  Good luck! 

34 minutes ago, charlielinda said:

Final payments are due soon and there are so many differing restrictions in Europe.  We are supposed to do to Spain, England, France and the Netherlands.  I’m just confused on what expectations I should have.  Any thoughts.  

Yes, expect the unexpected.

34 minutes ago, canderson said:

All most any of us can suggest is that you shouldn't have any expectations 90 days out.  Things are changing too rapidly.  We could be mostly out of the woods by April.  That said, I'd be more comfortable booking a Fall westbound TA at this point in time.  Also has the benefit of getting an extra hour of sleep several times on the way home!

We have done both East and Westbound... the Westbound is 100% better in our opinion. Do all the ports on the first part of the trip and have relaxing sea days for 2nd half!

We have one booked on Anthem in Oct 2022.  

9 hours ago, as3369 said:

We have done both East and Westbound... the Westbound is 100% better in our opinion. Do all the ports on the first part of the trip and have relaxing sea days for 2nd half!

We have one booked on Anthem in Oct 2022.  

We like both for different reasons. Eastbound we relax after spending time with our grandson in Dallas. Westbound we are looking forward to spending time with our grandson in Dallas. Yes he invites us to stay at each end of our trips. See you on Anthem in October. Geoff and the boss (Anita).

18 hours ago, charlielinda said:

Final payments are due soon and there are so many differing restrictions in Europe.  We are supposed to do to Spain, England, France and the Netherlands.  I’m just confused on what expectations I should have.  Any thoughts.  

If the ships do not sail to Europe on TA's, the fall TA's might be in jeopardy, not to mention the entire summer season in Europe; I think they will sail.  My TA on Apex is in the fall/October.  Right now things are just a mess because of Omicron, but this will work itself through and out within the next month or so.  Our roll call is about six people or so.

Edited by Lastdance