TRYING TO DECIDE TO DO THE EMED/NAVICA TEST AT HOME - NEED HELP

Lorey2007

Ok getting myself psyched to do this emed/navica test at home. Before I order these tests I have lots of questions. 

I set up two Navica accounts on the app one for me and one for DH.

When I get ready to do the test I will be using an android phone on a table tripod.

How do I connect with emed? Do I just log into a website? Am I provided a link?

Since I will have the phone on a tripod (I already checked and I can position it so I can be seen and the box in front of me) will I have to touch the screen or turn the phone once connected?

The actually testing part, if I get that far, I don't think I will have a problem with it.

I've never done a virtual or a face time so don't know how that works.

Any and all help will be great!

• Like 1

We had the app on our phone. We answered a series of questions on the phone, on the app, by tapping our response, and clicking to connect with a rep.  We had to hold the box up to the camera on our phone, along with our ID.  Then they watched us the rest of the testing time. When they returned after 15 minutes, we had to hold the test up to the camera, and then tell them what we saw in the results. 

Just be sure to have your camera lens available, and not covered by the tripod. We loved doing it this way. If we have to test again, will use the same method.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

Ok getting myself psyched to do this emed/navica test at home. Before I order these tests I have lots of questions. 

I set up two Navica accounts on the app one for me and one for DH.

When I get ready to do the test I will be using an android phone on a table tripod.

How do I connect with emed? Do I just log into a website? Am I provided a link?

Since I will have the phone on a tripod (I already checked and I can position it so I can be seen and the box in front of me) will I have to touch the screen or turn the phone once connected?

The actually testing part, if I get that far, I don't think I will have a problem with it.

I've never done a virtual or a face time so don't know how that works.

Any and all help will be great!

when you are ready to test just log onto www.Emed.com and it will walk you through it.  It feels a little intimidating the first time, but it is very easy and very simple.

We are in our early 70’s and if we can do it….so can you!!😁😁

• Like 3

I'd suggest you be prepared to remove your phone from the tripod.  They wanted us to use both the front and rear cameras and focus on specific items.  Depending on the tripod you have, this may be difficult.  Beyond that it's pretty easy.

There are plenty of videos online if you want to see what the process is like.  You could also just conduct a rehearsal if you have a spare test and want to try it for yourself.

30 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

We had the app on our phone. We answered a series of questions on the phone, on the app, by tapping our response, and clicking to connect with a rep.  We had to hold the box up to the camera on our phone, along with our ID.  Then they watched us the rest of the testing time. When they returned after 15 minutes, we had to hold the test up to the camera, and then tell them what we saw in the results. 

Just be sure to have your camera lens available, and not covered by the tripod. We loved doing it this way. If we have to test again, will use the same method.

I have the app when I sign in the screen says "I have a test" I would select that then it asks to use my device to scan, it scans and then it connects me. Is that how I connect live with them?

I don't need to move the phone if my picture show me & the box & contents?

Edited by Lorey2007

26 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

I'd suggest you be prepared to remove your phone from the tripod.  They wanted us to use both the front and rear cameras and focus on specific items.  Depending on the tripod you have, this may be difficult.  Beyond that it's pretty easy.

There are plenty of videos online if you want to see what the process is like.  You could also just conduct a rehearsal if you have a spare test and want to try it for yourself.

Can't I just hold the items up to the camera or the back of the camera? Instead of removing from the tripod?

Edited by Lorey2007

24 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

I have the app when I sign in the screen says "I have a test" I would select that then it asks to use my device to scan, it scans and then it connects me. Is that how I connect live with them?

I don't need to move the phone if my picture show me & the box & contents?

This is how we did it in December. And as mentioned, you will have to hold items up to your camera lens (not the front of the phone), so make sure you can either remove from tripod, or make sure the tripod isn’t blocking it. 

We have a stand for our iPads, and I just put my phone on it. That way I could lean my phone forward to use the camera lens. They are very patient and accommodating. 

Edited by barbeyg

14 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

Can't I just hold the items up to the camera or the back of the camera? Instead of removing from the tripod?

As long as the tripod doesn’t cover the rear facing camera lens, yes you can do that.

I used a tripod as well. (Note:  I used an iPhone). I went to emed.com. I chose start testing. I answered the questions and then it prompts you to log into your NAVICA account. Once I logged into my account I put my phone into the tripod holder. 

The process is fairly simple. The “guide/proctor” will tell you exactly what to do. I had to switch between the rear and front cameras but did not have to remove my phone from the tripod. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, barbeyg said:

This is how we did it in December. And as mentioned, you will have to hold items up to your camera lens (not the front of the phone), so make sure you can either remove from tripod, or make sure the tripod isn’t blocking it. 

We have a stand for our iPads, and I just put my phone on it. That way I could lean my phone forward to use the camera lens. They are very patient and accommodating. 

Logged into Navica  when I select "I have a test" does that then take me to Emed?

Edited by Lorey2007

I used my laptop and dh used his desktop and had to move the camera around.  Both worked.   Also we did it after midnight 2 days before.  Were starting our drive the next morning so it was good to have one less thing to worry about that morning. 

It is a bit confusing. The navica app really just shows your test results. The rest is at emed.com, but you have to have the app first. Once you are connected to a person they talk you through it. Just make sure you have your ID with you and a table surface they can see. They will ask you to move your phone around. Make sure your phone is well charged or plugged in. 

17 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

It is a bit confusing. The navica app really just shows your test results. The rest is at emed.com, but you have to have the app first. Once you are connected to a person they talk you through it. Just make sure you have your ID with you and a table surface they can see. They will ask you to move your phone around. Make sure your phone is well charged or plugged in. 

So I don't log on to the Navica app just emed.com?