Star Class Gratuity?

kandpsmom

We are a family of 5 booked in a star class stateroom on the Wonder. Travel agent just let me know that the fifth passenger needs to prepay his gratuities but I thought those were included. Are gratuities included only for the first 4 passengers in the room? Don’t see that on the Royal website. 

11 minutes ago, kandpsmom said:

We are a family of 5 booked in a star class stateroom on the Wonder. Travel agent just let me know that the fifth passenger needs to prepay his gratuities but I thought those were included. Are gratuities included only for the first 4 passengers in the room? Don’t see that on the Royal website. 

You were told incorrectly.  ALL SC pax include gratuities.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, kandpsmom said:

I have booked a Villa suite for 8 and all guests are getting the same Star class perks and do not have to pay the gratuities.

1 minute ago, flyguyjake said:

Recently? Which ship? How did you find the suite? I've been searching and can't find anything.

Because I stayed up until midnight every night of the week that week the sailings were to be released in order to get the room for my clients. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Because I stayed up until midnight every night of the week that week the sailings were to be released in order to get the room for my clients. 

Many sleepless nites over last 10yrs to get MY Cabin choice. Worth it, Yes!

• Like 3

21 hours ago, flyguyjake said:

When staying in a Star Class suite we tip $50pp for the room steward and $100pp for the Royal Genie. This is on top of the included gratuities.

Not the question asked, but I just wanted to make sure that you know that the room steward is included in the tips (always your option to tip more), and the Genie is not.

12 minutes ago, Hutcha said:

Not the question asked, but I just wanted to make sure that you know that the room steward is included in the tips (always your option to tip more), and the Genie is not.

There is no requirement to tip the genie and there is no recommended tips like there for the others.  However, I assume all, and if not damn near all, tip the genie.  There are many threads on how much.  

A lot of the work they do is independent of how many in the cabin.  Example, holding seats for a show.  Six seats held is not 3 times the work of 2 seats held.  Same for setting up a dinner.  $600 for six people is seemingly a very nice tip and I’d hazard a guess the genie will be quite happy.  $200 for 2 people is probably about as low of a tip as they get unless the people just don’t tip.  Not saying the genie would be upset, but my guess is that is about the low end for genie tip.  My guess is the tips are higher per person when there are less people in the cabin.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topnole said:

There is no requirement to tip the genie and there is no recommended tips like there for the others.  However, I assume all, and if not damn near all, tip the genie.  There are many threads on how much.  

A lot of the work they do is independent of how many in the cabin.  Example, holding seats for a show.  Six seats held is not 3 times the work of 2 seats held.  Same for setting up a dinner.  $600 for six people is seemingly a very nice tip and I’d hazard a guess the genie will be quite happy.  $200 for 2 people is probably about as low of a tip as they get unless the people just don’t tip.  Not saying the genie would be upset, but my guess is that is about the low end for genie tip.  My guess is the tips are higher per person when there are less people in the cabin.  

Thanks, but again, I was just clarifying the other poster's remarks and making sure he knew that the Genie was not included in prepaid tips, but the cabin attendant is.