ccl stock benefit

greener

I sent in my request for two cruises. After 18 days they posted the OBC to one cruise but not the other. I waited a few days and called. The rep asked for the 2 booking numbers and added it to the other cruise. So I'm all set.

On 2/28/2022 at 12:38 PM, CruisinFinsUp said:

Emailed Jan 28,   re-emailed Feb 7.      Then read here about the delays. 

Still not posted as of today,  cruise is March 20.     I'll give them another week then call.   

Don't wait. It is time to followup now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, joeecco said:

I’ve just had a reply saying that they cannot add the OBC as it’s only for cruises up until July 31 2022.

But the document on Carnivals website says until July 2023? 

@joeeccoCall Customer Relations - I got the OBC for a late May 2023 cruise.

Edited by Keata
  • Like 1

On 3/1/2022 at 9:41 AM, phoebe2m said:

I sent in my request for two cruises. After 18 days they posted the OBC to one cruise but not the other. I waited a few days and called. The rep asked for the 2 booking numbers and added it to the other cruise. So I'm all set.

They just did this to me too.  They applied it to my July cruise and said they couldn't do it for my December cruise.  They said it needed to be within 30 days.  Can you please give me the number you called?  I thought it was in this thread but I don't see it.  Thanks!

Edited by jenf22
typo

8 minutes ago, jenf22 said:

They just did this to me too.  They applied it to my July cruise and said they couldn't do it for my December cruise.  They said it needed to be within 30 days.  Can you please give me the number you called?  I thought it was in this thread but I don't see it.  Thanks!

I called the number on the website's main page: 800-774-6237. I had to go through a few prompts but can't remember what they were. Good luck!

• Like 1

We sent our Shareholder OBC request (via email) for three cruises (May 2022, August 2022 and Jan. 2023) late afternoon on Monday Feb. 28. The Shareholder OBC showed up today (March 2 around noon) - so it took less than 2 days for us. I also received 3 emails (one for each of our booked cruises) from Princess (not Carnival Corp) with an 'updated' Booking Confirmation that showed the Shareholder OBC was now included. 

I'm glad Princess is crediting the OBC so quickly for some.  I sat on hold for 30 minutes yesterday before I gave up.  The email they sent said I couldn't apply for the OBC until 30 days prior to my cruise (which is funny because they gave me the OBC for my July cruise).  They said I needed to submit a brokerage statement dated no earlier than 22-Oct for our 29-Dec cruise.  I really do not understand what is happening.  Why are they fighting me on this?  I emailed them back stating I knew of several people who had OBC credited for cruises that are not even this year.  I asked them why the rules are different for different people.  I have not heard back.  I will probably just give up and wait if they deny it again.  Annoying they are this way over a $100 OBC on a $7000 cruise.

• Like 1

I sent mine in via postal service over 3 weeks ago for my April cruises. I’ve heard nothing.

Carnival knows who their stock holders are. They should just do a query when you book instead of making their customers jump through hoops.

On 3/1/2022 at 1:46 PM, epistax said:

Waiting since Jan 25. They got 11 days 14 hours, and 21 minutes. :D

I asked and they said it was granted on the 25th... They said they told my TA. I don't really have a TA. I may technically have one listed because I bought the cruise with a credit card reward, but there is no one for me to talk to.

I wonder if I'm missing anything important because they are sending emails to Chase instead of me.

I emailed them my most recent brokerage statement and info for B2B cruises in October yesterday.  I just checked and the shareholder OBC has already been credited.   Now if I could only get the Medallion app to make dinner reservations.  But that's another thread. 

On 3/4/2022 at 11:33 AM, GloriaF said:

Are you getting CCL shareholder benefit using the FCC bonus that Princess gave when they cancelled cruises in March 2020?  It's free Princess money to begin with...

Yes. I'm kind of confused as to whether I've got a mixture of FCC & bonus FCC on the 5 cruises but I definitely had Shareholder OBC on all 5. (2 past, 4/23/22, 9/2/22, 3/7/23). 

On 3/3/2022 at 9:37 AM, jenf22 said:

The email they sent said I couldn't apply for the OBC until 30 days prior to my cruise (which is funny because they gave me the OBC for my July cruise)

On 3/1/2022 at 7:29 PM, joeecco said:

I’ve just had a reply saying that they cannot add the OBC as it’s only for cruises up until July 31 2022.

But the document on Carnivals website says until July 2023? 

I've got it on cruises up to 3/7/23 so is that new?

On 3/2/2022 at 9:34 AM, phoebe2m said:

I called the number on the website's main page: 800-774-6237. I had to go through a few prompts but can't remember what they were. Good luck!

I use 1-800-872-6779×30317

• Like 2

I just booked a cruise on Princess that leaves in a couple of weeks.  😀 I have Carnival stock.  What information do I need to prove I own stock?  Given the time frame, will they give it to me??  Also, my roommate, is retired military, are there potential benefits for her?

TIA!

17 minutes ago, norwane said:

I just booked a cruise on Princess that leaves in a couple of weeks.  😀 I have Carnival stock.  What information do I need to prove I own stock?  Given the time frame, will they give it to me?? 

Regarding the shareholder benefit read https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

On 3/3/2022 at 11:37 AM, jenf22 said:

The email they sent said I couldn't apply for the OBC until 30 days prior to my cruise (which is funny because they gave me the OBC for my July cruise).  They said I needed to submit a brokerage statement dated no earlier than 22-Oct for our 29-Dec cruise.  I really do not understand what is happening. 

Originally stockholder OBC could only be requested within a month or two before the cruise with proof being a recent statement (or proxy card or purchase receipt). But this was before Princess started requiring people to pay for shore excursions when they were booked instead of on the onboard account during the cruise.

Because many people used stockholder OBC to help pay for the excursions, Princess started allowing the OBC to be credited anytime after the cruise was booked.

It may be that Princess is going back to the original requirements and not allowing stockholder OBC to be used to help pay for excursions when they first become available.

• Like 1