ccl stock benefit

greener

5 hours ago, greener said:

booked balcony for price of an inside.  will this affect my using stock obc?  any experiences with credit being denied?

From what I understand typical bookings (or upgrades) are not impacting your benefit. 

I believe it is when you book a non-commissionable fare that you would not be eligible.  The website says  "Employees, travel agents cruising at travel agent rates, tour conductors or anyone cruising on a reduced-rate or complimentary basis are excluded from this offer".. I take reduced rate to mean the last minute sale prices that are showing up recently on Carnival cruises (but I could be incorrect).

10 minutes ago, Valiamo said:

From what I understand typical bookings (or upgrades) are not impacting your benefit. 

I believe it is when you book a non-commissionable fare that you would not be eligible.  The website says  "Employees, travel agents cruising at travel agent rates, tour conductors or anyone cruising on a reduced-rate or complimentary basis are excluded from this offer".. I take reduced rate to mean the last minute sale prices that are showing up recently on Carnival cruises (but I could be incorrect).

I take it to mean anyone cruising on a reduced rate not available to the general public, not last-minute sale prices that anyone can get. I had it for my cruise last month that was a Drop & Go fare, and I've applied for it for my cruise next month.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, geoherb said:

I take it to mean anyone cruising on a reduced rate not available to the general public, not last-minute sale prices that anyone can get. I had it for my cruise last month that was a Drop & Go fare, and I've applied for it for my cruise next month.

And.. there you go.. a clarification from someone that has got the benefit on a reduced rate.  Thanks!

• Like 2

At some point I expect they will bring back dividends but it could take a few years.  When we sailed mostly Princess we were getting $400-500 in OBC a year plus 50 cents a quarter per share dividends.  Have never gotten notice that OBC was applied but it always shows up in my Princess account.

CCL closed at $19.99  a share on Friday.  When the cruise industry is normal it is around $35.  So if you are going to buy this is a good time.  I did have a buy order that executed yesterday.

I just got mine for my April cruise within 5 days and I had submitted a Jan 2021 statement in error as proof of ownership.  Thought it might be rejected and I'd have to submit again. So they don't look that close.

On 1/21/2022 at 5:03 PM, Luckiestmanonearth said:

I sent mine off about a month ago and we board on Sunday.  How will I know if they processed my request ?  How will I be notified ?

You need to check it yourself (will show on travel summary under onboard credit ) as they won't notify you. 

I emailed my request last Thursday (the day I booked) and noticed the credit appeared today. That's a lot faster than it did for my cruise last month when it took nearly two weeks. I have been checking every day because I was waiting for it to pay for excursions. My cruise is in 11 days.

On 1/25/2022 at 5:30 PM, crawford said:

I booked today and submitted my shareholder request this afternoon via email. I'll let you know when it hits my account.

As promised, I'm here to report that I received my shareholder benefit today (eight days from initial submission). FYI, I booked a Drop & Go fare and received the credit, for those who are curious about getting the credit on a reduced fare.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Unicorn and Rainbows said:

Anybody out there buy the 100 shares, get the OBC, then sell immediately after? That's what I'm thinking of doing. If I have to pay taxes on short term gains, that's fine. And I'll OK gambling that the share price doesn't drop more than $2.50/share.

I'm on a 14+ cruise.

I bought 100 shares on Thursday at $19.37 and then sold today at $20.80.  I submitted my form right after I bought last week and the credit hasn't appeared yet.  I submitted it for 2 cruises.  I've bought and sold CCL many times since the pandemic started.  I was planning on holding it longer, but everything else is my "play" account has been bleeding so bad, I didn't want to take any more chances.

Be very careful when making any changes to your booking like cancel and rebook,refare or change of cabin as Princess has removed our shareholders credit numerous times.I keep the original email request and resend it when this happens.

On 1/21/2022 at 8:27 PM, Valiamo said:

I did it almost a year in advance, as soon as I made my initial deposit, sent in the request the same day.

And... trying to get the Shareholder's credit for our next cruise.  Sent on the 24th of Jan, and today still nothing in the account.   Don't know whether to just wait it out a bit or send it again.

14 minutes ago, Valiamo said:

And... trying to get the Shareholder's credit for our next cruise.  Sent on the 24th of Jan, and today still nothing in the account.   Don't know whether to just wait it out a bit or send it again.

Did you look at the Travel Summary?

On 1/22/2022 at 10:54 AM, LeeW said:

CCL closed at $19.99  a share on Friday.  When the cruise industry is normal it is around $35.  So if you are going to buy this is a good time.  I did have a buy order that executed yesterday.

We bought 100 shares for both our son and daughter (well we gave them the money and they bought it in their name). They are 23 years old and sad to say what we gave to them combined (for 200 shares) is less than what we paid for our 100 shares. I hate to look at what it's worth compared to what we paid but I had to turn in my statement to get OBC for an upcoming cruise and that's when we decided it was good for our son and daughter to get shares too. All said this is really a good time to buy, which is why we gave them the money. We are trying to teach them about the value of stocks long term. We made them put it in a Roth IRA. It's a great lesson on building a portfolio when you are young and we hope it will keep them cruising with us so we can all get our OBC!

• Like 2

On 2/2/2022 at 6:31 PM, brisalta said:

A form is not needed just the information requested at the shareholders benefit page.

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

I’m aware a form is not needed but it’s so easy to add all of the required information & then  to send it. 

Tom😀

49 minutes ago, trbarton said:

I’m aware a form is not needed but it’s so easy to add all of the required information & then  to send it. 

Tom😀

If emailing it is just another document that needs to be opened on the other end. Simpler to just put the details in the body of the email.

On 1/22/2022 at 6:17 AM, greener said:

booked balcony for price of an inside.  will this affect my using stock obc?

Not with Princess.

Only fares that do not qualify are special fares not available to the public such as for travel industry employees' rates or Princess employees' friends and family rates.