ccl stock benefit

greener

They seem to be a little slow in applying the stock credit lately. In the past it was applied within a day of so after emailing the form but it's now almost 2 weeks later.

I guess they're shorthanded like everyone else. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

They seem to be a little slow in applying the stock credit lately. In the past it was applied within a day of so after emailing the form but it's now almost 2 weeks later.

Mine was submitted by email Sat and got it Thursday.  Not too bad.  This is for Feb/Mar cruises.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Mine was submitted by email Sat and got it Thursday.  Not too bad.  This is for Feb/Mar cruises.

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I submitted mine by e-mail a couple of weeks ago with no result. The other day I forwarded the email with "2nd Request" in the subject line. The credit showed up the next day. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hllwdcruiser said:

I submitted mine by e-mail a couple of weeks ago with no result. The other day I forwarded the email with "2nd Request" in the subject line. The credit showed up the next day. 

I was tempted to resubmit my request but luckily it showed up 2 days ago. They must be running ragged with reduced staff.

• Like 2

CUK makes a slightly cheaper alternative for those who are looking for the benefit, and a while back Carnival mentioned trying to bring up CUK to equal the CCL price. Bringing back dividends would also be a nice shareholder benefit. I canceled a Carnival cruise last year after they refused the shareholder benefit, saying it was a reduced-price fare and thus didn't qualify.

Just now, Mud_Shark said:

Our next cruise isn't until September, but I emailed shareholder request for 3 upcoming cruises last week.  All 3 got posted yesterday, exactly 7 days from the time of the request.

Don

That's was the way it was before this virus messed up everything. 

• Like 1

We were never notified, but I logged into my account, clicked on My Account on the top menu bar, and clicked on Upcoming Cruises from the drop down menu. My cruise showed up and I clicked on Manage This Booking, then I clicked on Payments on the upper right, and finally I clicked on Booking Balance and my Onboard Credit showed there.  I scrolled down and saw a break down of my OBC and Shareholders Benefits was there.

There is probably an easier way to see it, but this worked for me.

On 1/19/2022 at 11:15 AM, greener said:

if i buy 100 shares of ccl stock today will i be able to get the obc for my cruise in april?  do you have to own it for a minimum amount of time?

Should be no problem at all.   

Send an email to:  sbpcl@princesscruises.com

Include:

Name

Booking Number

Ship and Sailing Date(s)

Attach a copy of your broker sheet proving you own the shares (monthly summary is sufficient).  BLACK out your account number.  Princess just needs to see you own at least 100 shares.

They do ask that you submit at least 14 days before your cruise.  I sent mine on Sunday and had it in my account by Thursday.   

Here is the fine print from Carnival......It does say "certain restrictions apply" but does not list the restrictions.....We've always gotten it when booking a "publicly available fare" thru our TA.  There was a time when they were awaiting the annual "board approval" to continue the benefit for the next year....This is a great benefit.  Makes the "dividend yield" quite high if you use it a couple of times a year!

50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

3 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

Here is the fine print from Carnival......It does say "certain restrictions apply" but does not list the restrictions.....We've always gotten it when booking a "publicly available fare" thru our TA.  There was a time when they were awaiting the annual "board approval" to continue the benefit for the next year....This is a great benefit.  Makes the "dividend yield" quite high if you use it a couple of times a year!

50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

I understand what you are saying when you wrote "dividend yield", but it is even better than receiving a dividend since it is not taxable by any jurisdiction.

18 hours ago, jimbo1683 said:

How far in advance can you do this?

14 hours ago, Valiamo said:

I did it almost a year in advance, as soon as I made my initial deposit, sent in the request the same day.

Since Princess required advance tour payment they’ve issued my SOBC up to nearly 2 years in advance to have it available to pay for tours.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I understand what you are saying when you wrote "dividend yield", but it is even better than receiving a dividend since it is not taxable by any jurisdiction.

Agree!

I calculated my "personal dividend yield" of 22% in 2021...and yes, TAX FREE!

(Best "income producer" in the portfolio because of OBC)

• Like 1