First time to RCL. Where do you get info??? I found their website not very user friendly.

CherylCT

10 minutes ago, CherylCT said:

Hello,

Looking at cruises out of NYC to Bermuda this summer.  Where do I find information on costs of things like drinks, optional dining, excursions, etc.  I feel like I'm missing a big chunk of info somewhere.  

Google ? Drink prices can vary from day to day and different pkgs can be bought in your planner. There isnt a set price pre cruise but rather a range of prices.

Excursions are on sale for later in 2022 but not now and they can be hit or miss which are offered. There is no set list of excursions or prices. Mine vary by date. Someone mentioned a zoo excursion out of belize but it's not offered on either of my dates there. The excursion in roatan I did in dec was 3 different prices on other dates. Who knows.

You can google which pay restaurants are on your ship which is how I start. They offer one night price, 3 nights or unlimited, known as UDP here. Unlimited carts in price but not by as much. 

There just isnt one answer. 

• Like 2

Hello, CherylCT. Call customer service. The people there answer questions very well, The website is poorly designed and rigid. If you end up in the wrong spot, it is almost  impossible to get out of it. Two computers helps.

Mary

27 minutes ago, CherylCT said:

Hello,

Looking at cruises out of NYC to Bermuda this summer.  Where do I find information on costs of things like drinks, optional dining, excursions, etc.  I feel like I'm missing a big chunk of info somewhere.  

Have you created an account and accessed your cruise planner?  All the information you are talking about will be in there.

• Like 1

I think they are PRETTY much the same cruise to cruse... In March prices on my cruise are:

Deluxe beverage pkg- $66 pp/day

Chops- $47 pp

Giovanni's table- $39 pp

3 nights speciality dining pkg- $93 pp

Excursions vary WILDLY....prob start about $35pp to $$$$. Prob average $50-70pp.

Of course once you BOOK the cruise, you'll be able to see everything

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chill6x6 said:

I think they are PRETTY much the same cruise to cruse... In March prices on my cruise are:

Deluxe beverage pkg- $66 pp/day

Chops- $47 pp

Giovanni's table- $39 pp

3 nights speciality dining pkg- $93 pp

Excursions vary WILDLY....prob start about $35pp to $$$$. Prob average $50-70pp.

Of course once you BOOK the cruise, you'll be able to see everything

I've read and see they vary by class of ship. Liberty 3 day dining is 75.xx and allure its 92.xx for 3 night pkg

OP doesnt tell us even what ship she is looking at. 

liberty .. even UDP is cheaper than on allure. I can see them both 142.xx vs 166.xx

The OP is talking about a cruise to Bermuda, not Belize or Roatan.

To the OP, Bermuda cruises tend to be more expensive and have higher port fees.  We do excursions on our own as Bermuda is very easy to get around on the local buses or the mini buses to Horseshoe Bay Beach.  Unfortunately, a lot of the local transportation is not running due to covid.  Some very old businesses that were located at the Dockyard have closed, like the Glassworks.  Personally, I would wait to see if ships are actually going to Bermuda.

I just went to the Royal website and at the top clicked on destinations then Bermuda.  It gave me a some  info about ships that sail there, excursions, some insider tips and showed some must try foods.  To know more about the ship just click on ships at the top of the page to explore what each ships has to offer as well as deck plans.  Unfortunately prices for excursions, drink pkgs. and dining can only be seen after booking as others have said.  These boards are amazing.  Have you visited the Ports of Call on Cruise Critic?  I did see that the Adventurer goes from NY to Bermuda in the summer.  Whatever you choose enjoy

Thank you all for the helpful comments.  I was able to locate more info and we did go ahead and book and are now able to see more.  I've never seen that before though but then again its been several years since we cruised.  

If anyone has any tips about booking excursions in Bermuda independently, I'd love to hear them.  We are doing the 5-day at the end of July.  Thank so much!

First off, Royal does not sail from NYC, they sail from Cape Liberty, in New Jersey.

Second, you will not be able to find pricing until you're booked.  All pricing changes often and varies by ship and sail date.  Sales also happen time to time but there are no flat prices for things that apply to all sailings.  It's annoying.

3 hours ago, CherylCT said:

Thank you all for the helpful comments.  I was able to locate more info and we did go ahead and book and are now able to see more.  I've never seen that before though but then again its been several years since we cruised.  

If anyone has any tips about booking excursions in Bermuda independently, I'd love to hear them.  We are doing the 5-day at the end of July.  Thank so much!

Our usual go-to activities when we have an overnight in Bermuda:

Horseshoe Bay -- great for a beach day. Minibuses are available right at the pier (was about $10 roundtrip pre-pandemic). Can rent chairs and umbrellas, good bathroom facilities, food available for lunch. Can do it Day 1 or Day 2 (we usually do it Day 1 if the weather is good).

Frog & Onion Pub -- good for dinner/drinks the night you're there. Right in the wharfside area, very cool vibe. We've cheaped out before and had dinner onboard, then gone for drinks, but also really enjoyed dinner there. Food is good.

Hamilton -- water taxi is available right in the wharf area. Free walking tour guides available online (Tom's Port Guides is my go-to). Get an early enough start on Day 2, easy to see a lot of the town before returning to the ship.

Wharfside area -- Glassworks and other shops are very interesting. Clocktower Mall easy for killing some time.

Bermuda is one of our favorite destinations to explore independently. Very easy to do.

On 1/20/2022 at 1:57 PM, CherylCT said:

Hello,

You found the right place. Search and you will find. Ask away with specific questions.