Onboard Enchantment Jan 20-28

edrussell

20 hours ago, VTSKIandCRUISEGUY said:

On the ship in 5 days!

How are the Schooner Bar entertertainers? Anna on piano, and then Ross Leadbeater in the evening. Is Ross fun?

Fresh Beat and Latin Dream good?

I'm noticing that there's only 1 main show in the theatre each night. I wonder if that's because of the low population of the ship. And no music/dance shows in the theater yet, correct?

Ross is a blast.  He is upbeat and quick witted.

Fresh beat are outstanding.

We haven't went into the theater.  Shows really aren't our thing.  We've seen so many over the years in all inclusive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone on this sailing in a GS or higher?  We have someone on our roll call asking about suite amenities and they posted a list they found that at best is a little out of date.  We always sail in a JS but have done GS on EX a few times so it's been a while.  So, if anyone has a copy of the letter and amenity list they provide in cabin for GS or higher on EN, can you please post it?  Also, does anyone know if D+ still has access to the CL?  We're sailing in April and usually use the CL on Vision class, but didn't know if it has changed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BND said:

Anyone on this sailing in a GS or higher?  We have someone on our roll call asking about suite amenities and they posted a list they found that at best is a little out of date.  We always sail in a JS but have done GS on EX a few times so it's been a while.  So, if anyone has a copy of the letter and amenity list they provide in cabin for GS or higher on EN, can you please post it?  Also, does anyone know if D+ still has access to the CL?  We're sailing in April and usually use the CL on Vision class, but didn't know if it has changed.

Last time on Vision class (Feb 2020) CL was not open to D+.  In October/November  on Oasis and Anthem,  CL/SL was only open to suites - no D+ or Pins.  So I would assume nothing had changed.  Still trying for social distancing.  Katherine 

1 hour ago, BND said:

So, if anyone has a copy of the letter and amenity list they provide in cabin for GS or higher on EN, can you please post it? 

This would be of interest to me also, since I'm in a GS for the 3/17 sailing.  Question on the MDR...are actual menus still given at the table or is it all just on the app?  

On 1/21/2022 at 8:18 PM, DevonfromAcme said:

The stuff that is good is very very good, but the stuff that is not will leave you just wondering “*****?”

I've found this to be true on several cruises - sometimes things that look really good actually aren't. Especially desserts - they look fantastic but then turn out to be a waste of calories. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

This would be of interest to me also, since I'm in a GS for the 3/17 sailing.  Question on the MDR...are actual menus still given at the table or is it all just on the app?  

On oasis in oct you got menus at table. I used the app on my phone. 

Vaccinated wear bracelets.  No tracelets in sight, though you are scanned in and out of the Wind Jammer with your seapass.

We didn't have to scan in or out of anywhere else on the ship, except of course leaving and returning on port days.

On 1/22/2022 at 12:04 PM, Janet524 said:

Are they still requiring vaccinated to wear bracelets and everyone to wear "tracelets?"

On 1/22/2022 at 3:55 PM, Ott_CanuckSpouse said:

I realize you are traveling without children but are any on board?  I am wondering what kind of children's activities might be available for thing 1 and thing 2 (12 and 14) in these unusual times.  I hope they will not be confined to a circle, given they're fully vaccinated.  Perhaps someone else reading this thread, might be able to answer.  

Life's too short, not to get out to sea.  Thank you so much for taking us along!  Jeannine from Ottawa.

We just got off this ship (January 8-20) and there were maaaaybe a handful of kids on board-- less than 20, I'd wager, and no teenagers that we saw.  All the kids were really little.  I don't think Adventure Ocean was even open.

As for children's activities?  Unless Adventure Ocean is open, none.  Literally.  I'm serious. 

Don't know when you are sailing, but fair warning, have your kids be prepared to make their own fun-- games, puzzles, devices, whatever.  The Enchantment is not a ship geared for kids.  It's a small ship, and there is really nothing for kids to do (except for the rock wall, which may not even be open).  The crowd skews very much older, and if you're sailing in Covid times with greatly reduced capacities, they could easily be the only kids of their age on this particular ship.

They have the QR code to scan on a placard at each table if you want an electronic menu, but paper menus and wine lists are readily available for every meal.

I hate reading menus off my phone, so I asked for a paper menu, and our waitstaff team brought me one every night thereafter without me even having to ask.

59 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Both my husband and I had some work to do on our Jan 8-20 sailing, and we found the internet to be great on laptops, both in our Deck 8 cabin and in the Solarium. 

Connectivity on our phones around the ship was spotty.

On 1/23/2022 at 9:06 AM, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Following along… We are on Enchantment in June for a 9 nighter.  How is the internet?

On 1/23/2022 at 1:05 PM, VTSKIandCRUISEGUY said:

I'm noticing that there's only 1 main show in the theatre each night. I wonder if that's because of the low population of the ship. And no music/dance shows in the theater yet, correct?

On the last sailing, they had two shows for the comedian the first night, one early and one late, but I guess it was pretty empty for both, so they combined all future shows to one show at 9:30.

There were a variety of small acts-- comedians, juggler and magician.  For musical acts, there was a four tenors group.  No dancers that I remember.

1 hour ago, Lady Hudson said:

Last time on Vision class (Feb 2020) CL was not open to D+.  In October/November  on Oasis and Anthem,  CL/SL was only open to suites - no D+ or Pins.  So I would assume nothing had changed.  Still trying for social distancing.  Katherine 

Our last time on Vision class (GR) was April 2019 and CL was open to D+.  I know the SL is only open to GS and above on ships with SL's.  Vision class doesn't have a SL.  We've been on Vision class ships 10 times and have had access to the CL as D+ but didn't know if it had changed.  We just did HOTS and have done other classes of ships and never expect to have access to the SL.  Vision class has been different since they don't have SL's.  But, I'm asking about anyone who has either been on in the last month or is currently onboard.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

BND, I don't have an answer for you now but will before you sail.  Am wondering if the location of the DL on Enchantment has any impact on who has access to what lounges as both DL and CL are pretty much in VCL.

Really enjoying all the on board posts. I’ll be on Feb 17 (8 night) cruise with DD. Want to make Chops reservation but not on formal night. Would appreciate info as to what are the formal nights. I assume there are two for an eight night cruise. Thanks. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Spock said:

Really enjoying all the on board posts. I’ll be on Feb 17 (8 night) cruise with DD. Want to make Chops reservation but not on formal night. Would appreciate info as to what are the formal nights. I assume there are two for an eight night cruise. Thanks. 

Day 2 and Day 7 (according to the app).