EZ Check

Loverofdogs

39 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

There are very recent reports that Air Canada IS one of the airlines offering EZ Check, as has been reported by a few folks here on CC. No mention of which airport they flew into up here, but if a cruise does offer EZ Check into Canada, then one can assume YYZ will be it. We'll be asking about it in two weeks for our flight home to YUL from FLL.

That would be a nice change.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, trinitygirl said:

Do you have to have booked your flights with EZ Air to do this?  I have a 2pm AA flight from FLL to California, booked independently.  Would I be able to use this service?

No - When we did our cruise last March on Delta it was booked through our TA, not EZ Air at the time.  At that time, it was just for domestic flights and just be sure you have your documents that shows your booking number.  It was the best $25 we spent on that cruise.  There were 5 cruise ships in FLL that Sunday and we were the last ship in port.  You should have seen the lines when we went into the airport.  All we had to do was show our boarding pass when we went through security. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, trinitygirl said:

Do you have to have booked your flights with EZ Air to do this?  I have a 2pm AA flight from FLL to California, booked independently.  Would I be able to use this service?

You do not have to have your flights with EZ Air. We always book our flights independently and use EZ Check everytime.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ED49404 said:

No - When we did our cruise last March on Delta it was booked through our TA, not EZ Air at the time.  At that time, it was just for domestic flights and just be sure you have your documents that shows your booking number.  It was the best $25 we spent on that cruise.  There were 5 cruise ships in FLL that Sunday and we were the last ship in port.  You should have seen the lines when we went into the airport.  All we had to do was show our boarding pass when we went through security. 

that does sound awesome.  i have added this note to my itinerary and will definitely check once on board, to see if it available.  thanks!

1 minute ago, trinitygirl said:

that does sound awesome.  i have added this note to my itinerary and will definitely check once on board, to see if it available.  thanks!

It sure is.  When we did it last February it was only being done at the FLL airport and because of COVID it was only for domestic flights.

We just used EZ check in December, after cruising on Regal from Fort Lauderdale. We flew JetBlue. We used it again the other week after cruising on the Sky. Again, make sure you have your confirmation number and all flight information. Your flight does have to depart after 11:30 am. If you are flying on Southwest your flight can’t depart after 6:00 pm.  Other airlines does not matter when you depart as long s after 11:30am. Best way to end your cruise. It does cost $25.00 per person plus bag fare. Best money spent though!!

• Like 1

On 1/23/2022 at 5:06 PM, Loverofdogs said:

The fee was $25.00 for the luggage delivery and $30.00 for airline baggage fee. You do not pay anything for luggage that is over weight.

I realize I'm quoting a post from a year ago.  Is the no fee for over weight luggage for ALL airlines, or just the  line this particular poster was referring to?

13 minutes ago, julie3fan said:

I realize I'm quoting a post from a year ago.  Is the no fee for over weight luggage for ALL airlines, or just the  line this particular poster was referring to?

That is what the document said last week,  the overweight benefit applied to all eligible airlines.  It is not available from Port Everglades to MIA however.

• Thanks 1

Just now, triple7tahoe said:

The above are from our recent cruise on the Emerald. One major one word of caution-Take a picture of the completed form before submitting it. We filled out the form and were told that they could not confirm acceptance until 24 hours before flight time (6PM in our case) We were at dinner when our confirmation, including tickets and baggage tags. We had submitted a form that stated we wanted two bags checked (and got charged for two). They only gave us one baggage tag and upon inquiry, were told that we had only asked for one. I asked to see that paperwork and was told it had been destroyed. No way to get second bag checked so we had to pick it up in the terminal, haul it to the airport where we were "too early check baggage"-ended up hauling it around the airport for three hours. Not happy!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jagoffee said:

That is what the document said last week,  the overweight benefit applied to all eligible airlines.  It is not available from Port Everglades to MIA however.

1 hour ago, triple7tahoe said:

1799918391_Image(32).thumb.jpg.a12c028fe0d730ac7390a05c48627a61.jpg1901716933_Image(33).thumb.jpg.6d4a9d329ce9c692e682020994df0ba7.jpg

Thank you both so much!  I understand things can change between now and October, and I'll monitor this thread for potential changes, but it's nice to know this at this point.

• Like 1

I am currently (Monday 6 Feb 2023) on the Caribbean Princess… scheduled to arrive FLL on Friday.  I was told tonight that it was *too late* to do EZCheck.  Unlike previous sailings, they did not provide any notification in the stateroom about the service.  Not happy.  

Bottom line… sign up ASAP if you expect to use this service… it really is wonderful.  

• Like 1

I always go to guest services our second day on the ship and ask about EZCheck. They don’t seem to send out the information anymore. I get the paperwork and return that day. It is usually due back Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning ( for cruising sat -sat.). They have never charged for overweight bags and we have been using this service for quite awhile. Best way to end cruise!, 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/14/2023 at 9:08 AM, Loverofdogs said:

I always go to guest services our second day on the ship and ask about EZCheck. They don’t seem to send out the information anymore. I get the paperwork and return that day. It is usually due back Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning ( for cruising sat -sat.). They have never charged for overweight bags and we have been using this service for quite awhile. Best way to end cruise!, 

We concur as well!

• Like 1

When I asked in January on the Enchanted I unfortunately got a snippy GS person who said they would pass them out with the debarkation info & they didn't have any.  I was trying to see if they had started offering it to the Miami airport as they had in the past (they don't BTW). So it didn't work for us.  I know you need to get all your info into them early so they can process it.

5/14/24

My wife and I are taking a TA 33-day cruise on the Princess Regal in Sept-Oct '24 for our 60th anniversary. We finish at Galveston, TX. I contacted Princess about EZ Check for Galveston/IAH. Unfortunately, not available. Currently, San Diego, Port Lauderdale, and Honolulu are the only ports where the service is offered. Since my EZAir flight changed to much later, I am looking at a 7-9 layover after arriving at the airport before my flight home. Sounds like a good option for situations like this.