Victoria alongside Ventura … passenger transfer

seapals2

Reading on social media that passengers are being transferred to Queen Victoria from Ventura in the Caribbean.  Don’t understand why this would be necessary unless the isolation cabins at capacity or number of cases exceeds the permitted level set by port authorities.  

Anybody onboard who can update us.  

10 minutes ago, seapals2 said:

Reading on social media that passengers are being transferred to Queen Victoria from Ventura in the Caribbean.  Don’t understand why this would be necessary unless the isolation cabins at capacity or number of cases exceeds the permitted level set by port authorities.  

Anybody onboard who can update us.  

Someone on the cruise thinks it is actually people who transferred to QV being transferred back to Ventura after completing Isolation. No mention of people transferring the other way. She also stated its raining.

9 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Someone on the cruise thinks it is actually people who transferred to QV being transferred back to Ventura after completing Isolation. No mention of people transferring the other way. She also stated its raining.

If that’s the case, do we know which P&O ship these passengers were disembarked from originally in order to quarantine on QV? In the absence of any information to the contrary, I had assumed that the Ventura cruise had been incident free so far? Could it possibly be passengers who were disembarked from QM2 a few weeks ago who may now be able to hitch a ride back to the U.K. on Ventura rather than fly? 

19 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

If that’s the case, do we know which P&O ship these passengers were disembarked from originally in order to quarantine on QV? In the absence of any information to the contrary, I had assumed that the Ventura cruise had been incident free so far? Could it possibly be passengers who were disembarked from QM2 a few weeks ago who may now be able to hitch a ride back to the U.K. on Ventura rather than fly? 

It was Ventura, there have been quite a few Ventura passengers in isolation, one lady had served her 10 days as a positive onboard then tested positive again so another 10 days. There could have been others from the other ships but I only follow the Ventura event page.

We have friends on the Ventura and they told us about 4/5 days ago that there was at least one case of Covid on board. I haven’t been able to contact them recently for an update as they do not have ship wifi and every island they stop at the wifi is not good.

4 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

It was Ventura, there have been quite a few Ventura passengers in isolation, one lady had served her 10 days as a positive onboard then tested positive again so another 10 days. There could have been others from the other ships but I only follow the Ventura event page.

20 days in isolation? Yikes!

There are some posts on the Cunard board from a lady who has a friend quarantined on Ventura.  It is also noted on the 14 January QM2 cruise that a few men in hazmat suits have been seen in the past few days. No doubt we will hear more from these ships at some point.

I'm guessing that on these long voyages and with Spanish and Portuguese ports at the ends of their itineraries we will see a few more QV refugees before the ships leave Caribbean waters.  For my part I'd much rather be off to QV and flown home by P&O/Cunard than be at the mercy of the "dodgy" Spanish quarantine hotels we have been hearing about.

Perhaps Molecrochip can indicate if my assumption about this possibility is correct.

• Like 2

Where are you seeing this news it seams to me to be a friend of a friend second cousin twice removed passing out this news, I have done numerous searches including facepage nothing unless the cruisers on those ships are keeping it quite

36 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

Where are you seeing this news it seams to me to be a friend of a friend second cousin twice removed passing out this news, I have done numerous searches including facepage nothing unless the cruisers on those ships are keeping it quite

I cant put my hand on the friend of the poster re Ventura, but will keep looking through my history.  The lady on QM2 posted yesterday:

Just one negative sign was when we walked down the corridor on Deck 10 there was a medic in full PPE on the floor outside a cabin  door preparing a PCR test form and equipment with a number of stewards nearby. Having experienced an admission to hospital last November with symptoms that were immediately tested for Covid I will not jump to any conclusions because I know from personal experience that is an automatic response even though other conditions are equally likely. In the light of the present positive signs about island visits we decided all we can do is keep calm and carry on. I know we are in our own little bubble but unless something drastic happens any other course than trusting the evident precautions in operation will simply spoil the trip. 

Unquote 

Molecrochip has confirmed it is Ventura transferring passengers to QV and that will be confirmed and reliable information.

Edited by Megabear2

11 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

I cant put my hand on the friend of the poster re Ventura, but will keep looking through my history.  The lady on QM2 posted yesterday:

Just one negative sign was when we walked down the corridor on Deck 10 there was a medic in full PPE on the floor outside a cabin  door preparing a PCR test form and equipment with a number of stewards nearby. Having experienced an admission to hospital last November with symptoms that were immediately tested for Covid I will not jump to any conclusions because I know from personal experience that is an automatic response even though other conditions are equally likely. In the light of the present positive signs about island visits we decided all we can do is keep calm and carry on. I know we are in our own little bubble but unless something drastic happens any other course than trusting the evident precautions in operation will simply spoil the trip. 

Unquote 

Molecrochip has confirmed it is Ventura transferring passengers to QV and that will be confirmed and reliable information.

As they say unless it's in writing than it never existed, unless it's a contract of employment which isn't worth the paper it's written on

46 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

I am still a member of the N201 event as we were supposed to be on this cruise. I am getting my info from this group as the majority are actually on the cruise. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

As they say unless it's in writing than it never existed, unless it's a contract of employment which isn't worth the paper it's written on

???? You asked where the info was, thought I was being helpful - I've no idea if its correct or not!

Edited by Megabear2

26 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

I am still a member of the N201 event as we were supposed to be on this cruise. I am getting my info from this group as the majority are actually on the cruise. 

Ok it's happening as we speak, so not enough time for other sites to pick it up on now it  makes sense.

29 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

Ok it's happening as we speak, so not enough time for other sites to pick it up on now it  makes sense.

I've found the older post, apologies it was on th P&O board under Test or Not:

Posted Saturday at 10:01 AM

I have a friend onboard Ventura, who, due to waking up with a head cold, did a self test, and the resulting positive result has now put him in quarantine for 10 days. But he did the test after breakfast and had been on excursions the 2 days prior … It is obvious that he will have passed the virus on, but as they have been at sea since 3 January it is likely he too caught it onboard, or ashore, and there will be many more with it who will not have tested themselves, and are spreading it around

• Like 1