Breeze -- Can I make a 10:15 a.m. flight out of Hobby?

keels81

Pulled the trigger on a great rate for Sailabration and now I'm looking at flights. I'd prefer not to wait around all day at the airport, so will I be able to make a 10:15 a.m. flight? I will be checking a bag and I have Clear. My friend who is cruising with me will be driving me to the aiport.

I'm assuming the answer is I'm a big dumb for even considering this, but it will be my first time cruising out of Galveston. My current flight is 3:25p out of Bush, but I keep looking at that Hobby flight with great interest.

Thanks!

I would say, not a chance in hell. To many unknowns. Plus, the distance from the  cruise terminal to Hobby is a far piece. Traffic is always horrible because of construction delays. Case in point. We sailed on the Vista last August. We drove down and were driving back. And it took us an hour just to get to the hobby airport exit off of I-45. IMHO, you are REALLY taking a big chance to make a 10:15 flight. 

I can totally relate - we sail Thursday on the Breeze and I have continued to check flights for weeks. We decided to keep our 12:30 out of IAH but so wish we could have gone out of HOU too.  10:15 cuts it close should anything be delayed (docking/getting the ship cleared for debarkation/traffic).  Although the one thing you have that we don't, is a companion with a car (that was our problem last time with Galveston - it took a while to get transportation back to the airport).  I personally wouldn't book a 10:15 flight (because I'd be stressing about it for half the cruise...just my personality). 🙂

Edited by csm5986142

Thanks gang. I figured it was totally me wearing my Bad Idea Jeans, but I appreciate the back-up.

Will stick with my initial plan ... there just aren't a whole lot of non-stops into New Orleans. 

• Like 1

Some variables to ask. Are you using self-debark? Do you have diamond or platinum for priority?

If you answer yes to both of these then the answer is maybe. We've cruised a couple of dozen times from Galveston and been off the ship, in the car and home (37 miles) by 9:30am, the most recent was in November on the Breeze.

The unknowns are what time of year you are cruising as the winter weather has slowed the Breeze from coming back by an hour or so. Most mornings she is here by 7. You can watch on the webcams on galveston.com and see.

The other variable is what day you return. The Breeze is here on Mondays, Saturdays and Thursday on a rotating schedule. Saturday mornings there is little to no traffic northbound, but Monday and Thursday are different. I drive down here to UTMB two or three times a week and there are moderate delays both ways.

Check the flight schedule and see what the costs are for changing flights. Hobby has a smooth system for Clear and TSA Pre, with most days for me at the gate within 20 min of parking the car.