Anthem January 20th Semi -Live

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Is Solarium Bistro open for dinner this sailing?

It was open for first 4 nights on our sailing then shut down for dinner.  They were really selling the speciality restaurants and offering up to 50% off some nights.

Nope

Thanks for posting we are on the next sailing and can’t wait.  Wanted to know when the stop was changed from st Lucia to st Thomas?  Did you know before sailing?  I am curious if it is because of restrictions of st Lucia or if the ship is still having trouble with its engine and needed the closer to home when it returned.  Also do you have another stop after st Thomas or a sea day?  Thanks  

Yes, also curious about when you found out about St. Thomas replacing St. Lucia... port/tax credit? I "heard" you get a little something refunded if they change the port while onboard.

Also, have you heard about tomorrow, are you going to St. Kitts?

Your review and pictures are fantastic, so helpful Thank you very much for taking the time to post!

The change from St Lucia to St Thomas was about 10 days before we started the cruise.  We just got the official "free to go ashore" announcement a few minutes ago. We are not at the usual pier (first time for me not to dock at Havensight, but had to happen sometime, lol.).  We are at the Crown Bay dock.  

Tomorrow is St Kitts and have not heard anything to indicate we won't be making that stop.  We have a tour booked with Thenford Gray for St Kitts, which should be fun (he does great tours)

Edited by 3kidsncats
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We got off our Anthem sailing on jan 20th.  As for embarkment just show up at your check in time and you will be fine.   I did see them allowing handicap people early entry too. 

Ours was 12:30 to 1 pm and were told the night before to arrive 1 hr. late.  We were inside having lunch at cafe 270, kummelweck sandwich by 2 pm.   

Disembarkment was easiest ever.  No forms to fill out, just walk up to facial recognition machine and out the door you go, no lines either.

We will be back on board for a b2b starting March 20th.

We were supposed to be on this sailing as a b2b but had issues with our work laptops and our VPN not working so we cancelled while onboard.

Are you going to be working again on your B2B in March, if so might you have the same issue again? Any chance on maybe looking for another B2B on another ship from Florida, not sure if the internet will be any better though,

Are you better prepared to handle that now if you stick with Anthem in March?

8 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Royal docks at Crown Bay.

I've been here several times, but first time on Royal.  Although back in the day (ie, 30 years ago 😬) we were docked at Havensight next to the then reigning queen, Monarch of the Seas.  Our little Seaward looking like a toy, and we dreamed of sailing on a ship like the Monarch, lol.

• Like 1

Before heading ashore, a quick post about the Mixology cocktail tasting -- Through the Decades. We didn't get the drink package this time, so have indulged in a few tastings.  This one is $29.50 pp and they make 5 cocktails covering the most popular drink over 5 decades.  Manhattan, Tequila Sunrise, Sex on the Beach, Cosmo, and Mojito.  It was a lot of fun -- recommend giving it a try.  If you have the drink package there is a 25% discount.  And yes, there are six drinks in my photos 😉

8C0A7D9F-47D5-4C36-A7A9-C7D0AAA73712.jpeg

8054DC4D-16B9-46C3-98AD-CB1CBD0E2C0A.jpeg

6DDBBC76-E7BC-48CB-A012-7EB0B03A6E2A.jpeg

85ED74DF-8EB7-429B-988E-6C60229D0A3B.jpeg

85BDC9C2-9363-4476-85F5-ADD1D4213F61.jpeg

7BB40856-3221-4174-AB43-1AFA1526E31C.jpeg

BB2FED0E-C24B-495B-B6A2-934E3CBC515F.jpeg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Are you going to be working again on your B2B in March, if so might you have the same issue again? Any chance on maybe looking for another B2B on another ship from Florida, not sure if the internet will be any better though,

Are you better prepared to handle that now if you stick with Anthem in March?

Our b2b end of March is only 14 days instead of the 22 days we had booked for Jan.  The IT guy onboard Anthem gave us the contact info for royals IT/security officer to work out a resolution with the VPN we use.  While onboard we all had a conference call and were told to try 2 other VPNs for access and our office IT guy will set up our laptop with them.  Hopefully one of them will work.   If not we will at least be better prepared with a back up plan.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

The change from St Lucia to St Thomas was about 10 days before we started the cruise.  We just got the official "free to go ashore" announcement a few minutes ago. We are not at the usual pier (first time for me not to dock at Havensight, but had to happen sometime, lol.).  We are at the Crown Bay dock.  

Tomorrow is St Kitts and have not heard anything to indicate we won't be making that stop.  We have a tour booked with Thenford Gray for St Kitts, which should be fun (he does great tours)

Have a great day at St Thomas.

Sounds like you will make it to St Kitts tomorrow.  We missed this port which made me sad as really enjoy St Kitts.  Love Carmobola beach club too.  Yes, Thenford Grey does excellent tours. 🌴🍹

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Broons77 said:

Thanks!  We'll give you a wave on our way off! B2B is my next goal, never done one before...

Once you do one it's hard not to do.   If doing 7 day cruises they fly by so quick.  Always seems like by the time you settle in it's time to pack up.  Love doing b2bs whenever we can make it work🤩

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

On 1/25/2022 at 11:05 AM, 3kidsncats said:

I doubt we will attend any of the shows, so if you are looking for that info, I am not the one to ask 😬

Our favorite show is Frankie and the Dreamers or anything Ryan Molloy appears in.

The show where a number of the ship performers sing solos one after the other was also very good.

There is a group called Coyote on board. Just started and will be on for 8 weeks. They do 80s stuff... Music Hall. Very good.

On 1/27/2022 at 10:30 AM, Terry in NJ said:

Where were you when you took St. Kitts sunrise arrival pictures? Simply gorgeous! If your own balcony, are you port or starboard? 

Thanks so much. 

We are in a JS deck 13 hump on the starboard side. The pics were taken on our approach to St Kitts, before we turned into the harbor to dock

We had a super fun day in St Kitts yesterday-- one of my best birthdays ever 😊

We took the Capitol tour and Beach Splash with Thenford Gray tours.  Since the four of us were the only people on this tour, it essentially was a private tour.  The beach we went to was not my favorite (Reggae Beach) but we still had a great time.  One of the issues we had there was trying to order and they were out of a lot of options.  We chalked it up to the supply issues that are pretty much everywhere, and possibly financial challenges of expending on supplies when it's iffy whether ships can dock. 

One of the stops was a house and garden that has been opened to the public (Amory family) -- really pretty venue.  

7CA4B794-90D2-4BA5-8C09-0A85EBEEC748.jpeg

2795BC6D-5018-408F-9F8C-2FBEBEED3C3B.jpeg

DC071837-6EDF-4B0A-92A6-0784508CF431.jpeg

28B4589F-7A0E-42C9-B11C-A8A7164BA96D.jpeg

A2FCEAA6-7FB7-40CB-A8BE-37783BC9FB98.jpeg

076BEABB-342F-44F6-9DD2-36AE7E5E2044.jpeg

AE448331-6E3A-4C6B-8B61-F41C7EC65241.jpeg

850F250A-70AF-41B2-ABB6-4C79DFEA4431.jpeg

• Like 2