Price just dropped!

zanydoc

I just got a price drop on my Odyssey March 12th cruise...$500 less plus additional $50 OBC!  Many thanks to all the CC peeps who have touted checking prices on a regular basis-it finally paid off. For a while the prices just kept going up higher and higher on this cruise, but today they finally dropped, so I emailed my TA and she made the adjustment.  Yippee! 😁 

• Like 9

I've been checking the price every day or two since we booked in October for our March 6th Oasis cruise. We have an OV Large Balcony.  With the insurance and discounts (30% off, Resident NRD, Instant Savings, Flash Sale) - our price has fluctuated from $1665.14 (which is what I got at our last repricing) to $2121.14 - about a $450 fluctuation.  I keep track of this in Excel - along with other purchases like specialty dining and our excursions.  I've cancelled and rebooked these other items when I could get a better discount, too (Excursions 25-30% off, Giovanni's at 30% off, and other items 40-50% off.   I graph the price for our cabin - and it's stayed higher now since mid-December.  (Yes, I'm anal, I work in IT as a QA/team lead.)  

image.png.f80d6b7fb9f70bf9e837130c60287f13.png 

Edited by moonltnite
  • Like 12
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, moonltnite said:

I've been checking the price every day or two since we booked in October for our March 6th Oasis cruise. We have an OV Large Balcony.  With the insurance and discounts (30% off, Resident NRD, Instant Savings, Flash Sale) - our price has fluctuated from $1665.14 (which is what I got at our last repricing) to $2121.14 - about a $450 fluctuation.  I keep track of this in Excel - along with other purchases like specialty dining and our excursions.  I've cancelled and rebooked these other items when I could get a better discount, too (Excursions 25-30% off, Giovanni's at 30% off, and other items 40-50% off.   I graph the price for our cabin - and it's stayed higher now since mid-December.  (Yes, I'm anal, I work in IT as a QA/team lead.)  

👏🏻  If you have any hints about quick ways to check prices, do let us know. I have never found a site nor short-cut to help me with this task (with 3-4 cruises booked at a time, a short-cut would make it doable!).

• Like 4

2 hours ago, AlohaLivin said:

👏🏻  If you have any hints about quick ways to check prices, do let us know. I have never found a site nor short-cut to help me with this task (with 3-4 cruises booked at a time, a short-cut would make it doable!).

I haven't found a quick way - but it only takes a few minutes when I do this.  I basically search for our cruise - then start a mock booking for the same cabin type (in my case, OV Large Balcony).  I get to the point where you add the names - and then check the left panel for the price. There were times there weren't any Large Balcony cabins.  In those cases, I estimated based on what was shown for a regular OV Balcony.  When I found a price drop - I called RC and requested a re-pricing.  There used to be a site called Cruise fish that would check your cabin category and sailing for price drops (last used that I think in 2017?) - but it no longer exists.   

Edited by moonltnite
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, moonltnite said:

I haven't found a quick way - but it only takes a few minutes when I do this.  I basically search for our cruise - then start a mock booking for the same cabin type (in my case, OV Large Balcony).  I get to the point where you add the names - and then check the left panel for the price. There were times there weren't any Large Balcony cabins.  In those cases, I estimated based on what was shown for a regular OV Balcony.  When I found a price drop - I called RC and requested a re-pricing.  There used to be a site called Cruise fish that would check your cabin category and sailing for price drops (last used that I think in 2017?) - but it no longer exists.   

I so miss cruise fish as a way to get notifications of price drops- maybe we will get lucky and someone will revive it! It would be great though to have some stable url for a shortcut, but that will never happen of course.

Edited by AlohaLivin

7 minutes ago, Cel_cruise said:

No changes to my Wonder April 15…but I keep checking!! 

Yes, keep checking! I think people are doing a lot of canceling because covid, and the closer we get to our cruise date the better chance of a price drop. I was so pleasantly surprised yesterday!  Good luck! 

4 hours ago, moonltnite said:

LOL- Love this! I’m not that structured.  Hopefully you’re hard work will pay off and that price drop will come! 

I have three Royal cruises booked this year and call to check pricing twice a week.  About two weeks ago I got a price reduction of 50 dollars, plus an onboard credit of 50.  Four days later the same cruise was reduced by 200.  I just put the phone on speaker and wait until a rep picks up, the reps are always very helpful and efficient.  In the last two months I have had a little over two thousand taken off booked cruises.  Always make sure to have them email a revised booking confirmation with the adjusted total due.  

• Like 2

On 1/28/2022 at 1:04 AM, brillohead said:

Pretty sure I need a 12-step program at this point....

Not sure this would work...pre-pandemic we had12 cruises booked (eight were eventually cancelled by RCL). Between L&S creating a requirement to find a replacement cruise within 4 weeks of the original date and the dates of the remaining cruises that we had previously booked, those eight ended up becoming part of B2B's or B2B2B's. DW found out that he really liked B2Bs, and all of the remaining bookings are now B2Bs as well.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tuckster said:

Our March 13 cruise on the Allure has actually gone up ?? I'm guessing that means it will be pretty full ??

Not necessarily.  My Navigator all cruises went up from the price I originally had, and my second leg only had 653 people on it!!!

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Not sure this would work...pre-pandemic we had12 cruises booked (eight were eventually cancelled by RCL). Between L&S creating a requirement to find a replacement cruise within 4 weeks of the original date and the dates of the remaining cruises that we had previously booked, those eight ended up becoming part of B2B's or B2B2B's. DW found out that he really liked B2Bs, and all of the remaining bookings are now B2Bs as well.  

Now that I can set my own working schedule, I'm doing exclusively B3B to B6B (usually with some S2S in there, not always all on the same ship).  

It actually ends up a lot cheaper per cruise, because I don't have to add airfare and hotel onto every single cruise -- just each batch of cruises.

And then I turn around and use that savings to book more cruises!  😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/26/2022 at 8:37 AM, moonltnite said:

I appreciate you!  This is awesome.

On 1/25/2022 at 4:10 PM, zanydoc said:

I just got a price drop on my Odyssey March 12th cruise...$500 less plus additional $50 OBC!  Many thanks to all the CC peeps who have touted checking prices on a regular basis-it finally paid off. For a while the prices just kept going up higher and higher on this cruise, but today they finally dropped, so I emailed my TA and she made the adjustment.  Yippee! 😁 

Looks like my 3/6 Oasis cruise is going to sell out, so the only price drops I had was on my hotel room. 

15 hours ago, Maitaivegas said:

Looks like my 3/6 Oasis cruise is going to sell out, so the only price drops I had was on my hotel room. 

We're both on the 3/6 sailing.  I'm curious to see how many cabins open up after the 30 day deadline for final payments.  I also wonder if they are limiting the number of passengers by having some cabins blocked out. 

• Like 1

Question,  can you get a price adjustment if they don’t have any more of your cabin type available? We have a Junior Suite and sometimes there is just 1 available, other times 0.  

Also, the price our TA is lower than what I see when I do a dummy booking. Perhaps it’s giving us a diamond discount?  I might need to ask her.