CDC Fully Vaccine

dfencecoach

We have a cruise planned to Alaska for June of this year.  I’m in the process of getting my second vaccination.  I just received a letter from Carnival today about vaccine requirements.  I will be fully vaccinated after this second shot according to Carnival.  However they did say in the letter that if the CDC moves to two shots and a bolster that they may follow this guideline.  I will not be able to get a bolster before the cruise. Please share any info. You might have

Thanks

Guest BasicSailor
9 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I wouldn't worry about that right now. I don't see how they could require you to get a booster before he recommended interval has passed. And I think there are more effective boosters coming, anyway.

This is good advice. Carnival I'm sure will know when the cut off dates would be for a booster, before a person will cruise.

The CDC has added a new term to their reperitore - "up-to-date" meaning you have had eligible booster(s) if any as well. "Fully vaccinated" just means you've received your initial doses.

In your case you would be up to date as well as fully vaccinated.

As of right now it seems that Carnival only cares about fully vaccinated. They are not adhering to the CDC's "up to date" recommendation.

I will echo others and say that according to current guidance you will be fine at the time of your cruise. Even if this changes you would still be fine as it will be less than 6 months since your last vaccine and that is required before you get a booster.

On 1/25/2022 at 9:07 PM, dfencecoach said:

We have a cruise planned to Alaska for June of this year.  I’m in the process of getting my second vaccination.  I just received a letter from Carnival today about vaccine requirements.  I will be fully vaccinated after this second shot according to Carnival.  However they did say in the letter that if the CDC moves to two shots and a bolster that they may follow this guideline.  I will not be able to get a bolster before the cruise. Please share any info. You might have

Thanks

On Jan 4th of this year the CDC changed its recommendations for getting the booster from 6months after second shot of the vaccine to 5 months and it will probably change again

5 minutes ago, lolalow said:

Going on mardi Gras next December.  We booked over year ago.  Now the new info says may need the booster if cdc considers that as fully vaccinated.  We do not want a booster.  Does that mean we have to cancel before the Feb date to get a full refund?  Or since it is not regulated right now would they give refund at the time the booster is needed.  I don't think this is fair because at the time of cruise when I booked I assumed if any changed were made that huge we would get money back.  But they seem to be making a loophole for themselves so people are not canceling later and getting their money back when booseter is annoinced.  I really don't want to cancel cruise I don't understand why they are only giving until Feb and not until announcement about booster.   My family refuses to get booster now that all the data is coming out that after each booster your immune system takes a huge hit. I didn't want it in the first place but I am not signing up for life jabs.   So my question is do I need to cancel by feb to get money back or will they still refund if the booster gets added.     I did call carnival yesterday but was on hold 2 hours and hung up as I had to leave.

I think Carnival is the only one that can provide an answer and unfortunately it might be a different answer from every rep. Neither my wife nor I had any adverse affect from the booster. I see it no differently than getting a flu shot every year. My wife was boosted just after Christmas and was recently in close contact (living in the house type contact) with 3 people who were COVID positive. She never got the disease. Every body is different and every person's risk factors are different, which makes a one size fits all solution so hard.

• Like 1