New Grounds Coffee Package

philv

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

We don’t know if that package is still in effect or if the price has increased and it is just not shown on the cruise personalizer under onboard services >beverage packages.

Waiting for those OB as of Feb 20th to report back.   

I've asked my CVP if it's still available. But even if not, then the Plus & Premier are still not cost effective for me. 

Wifi 7.50 day

Tips 16 day

H20 1.00 day [Bought dz water bottles = 7.08]

Latte 3.50 (lg = 2 small) day

Tea.   2.00 day

30 vs 60 a day

If I can't trade minibar for coffees then for a bottle of wine = 0

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I've asked my CVP if it's still available. But even if not, then the Plus & Premier are still not cost effective for me. 

Wifi 7.50 day

Tips 16 day

Tea.   2.00 day

30 vs 60 a day

If you drink little or no alcohol then the packages are probably not right for you

• Like 3

On 1/13/2023 at 12:30 PM, jerrie limbie said:

Hello. Can you use the New Grounds Coffee package to order espresso or latte in the MDR at dinner with dessert?  Thanks 

You sure can! It's capuccinos for us, but espressos or lattes work too.

14 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

Current coffee prices al a carte. Just in case you don’t have a package or are deciding if you want one.

5117CEBD-2D99-41F0-BD1B-7F26E24B7793.jpeg

C88F4374-13ED-41F7-8D40-3EFDFF5A0207.jpeg

Thank you for posting. What ship are you on?

These look like the same price. Wonder if they haven’t updated them yet. Maybe they didn’t increase. 😆

27 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

Current coffee prices al a carte. Just in case you don’t have a package or are deciding if you want one.

5117CEBD-2D99-41F0-BD1B-7F26E24B7793.jpeg

C88F4374-13ED-41F7-8D40-3EFDFF5A0207.jpeg

Hi Arizonaperson,

How recent was this photo taken? Wondering if this one in use now onboard?  
thanks 

2 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

Hi Arizonaperson,

How recent was this photo taken? Wondering if this one in use now onboard?  
thanks 

On another thread today, someone posted the current prices on the Discovery.  The same prices.  So either, they did not increase, or they’re not updated yet.

• Thanks 1

The photo of the prices posted by arizonaperson are the prices we had on Ruby 2 weeks ago.  If they've increased, it's been since our February 5 sailing.  

The only item from the International Cafe I was very disappointed in was iced coffee.  They pour piping hot coffee over ice, which only gives you sort of warm coffee.  I put it in the fridge and finished it later that day.  Everything else was good - our favorite coffee item was definitely the Salted Caramel Swirl. 👍

• Like 1

On 2/21/2023 at 9:56 AM, Ombud said:

Wifi 7.50 day

Tips 16 day

Tea.   2.00 day

30 vs 60 a day

CVP called and said I can still switch for the coffee pkg with my steward. So changes appear to only be on the Plus & Premier Pkgs

(or her system just hasn't updated.  Friend boarding Saturday & will confirm)

Edited by Ombud
  • Thanks 2

Currently on the Sky Princess doing a B-B and was informed the two coffee cards I traded in for the mini-bar will not be good on the next cruise since the coffee card has been discontinued.  Now there is no coffee trade in for the mini-bar and will find out Friday what can be traded-in for the mini-bar.  Also will have the correct prices (and what is included) for the Zero Alcohol package since there is contradictions on the Princess site and the information the ship was provided.

• Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, gullgeorge said:

Currently on the Sky Princess doing a B-B and was informed the two coffee cards I traded in for the mini-bar will not be good on the next cruise since the coffee card has been discontinued.  Now there is no coffee trade in for the mini-bar and will find out Friday what can be traded-in for the mini-bar.  Also will have the correct prices (and what is included) for the Zero Alcohol package since there is contradictions on the Princess site and the information the ship was provided.

Yikes, that sucks...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, gullgeorge said:

This is so screwed up. Why stop a popular package that undoubtedly makes money with little impact. If it’s to force passengers to purchase beverage packages for $70-100 per day this will not end well for carnival. Sad and unforced error on the part of Princes/Carnival.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

This is so screwed up. Why stop a popular package that undoubtedly makes money with little impact. If it’s to force passengers to purchase beverage packages for $70-100 per day this will not end well for carnival. Sad and unforced error on the part of Princes/Carnival.  

I'm not spending $60 a day to get:

Wifi 7.50

Tips 16.00

Latte 3.50

Total 27.00

I have a boatload of OBC & can still get elite tea in room, right?? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

Big mistake.  I’m not buying a big beverage package either.

So disappointed.  We’ll just buy it a la carte if that’s still possible. 

• Like 5