EZ-Air flight cancellations

alanstarr

I used EZ-Air to book flights, but now I just found out my flight home tomorrow (debarking from the Emerald in Ft. Lauderdale) is canceled. I assume due to weather, although its not supposed to start snowing until well after midnight, and my flight is due to land before 11pm. Guessing JetBlue doesn't want their plane stuck in Worcester.

Other than rebooking, will Princess do anything to help with hotel rooms, or am I on my own? Looks like there's no flight on Saturday either, so Sunday is the first option. (Flying into Worcester MA, a small airport, so there's not a lot of daily flights. Can't fly to Boston, because my car is parked in Worcester.)

Ask the Purser's desk personnel to help get all these issues resolved before disembarkation.

I assume even if you tried to contact Jet Blue (and Princess should let you make the call for free) the hold time would be very long.

• Like 1

Sorry, should have said that up front - no insurance.

Looks like I've been rebooked to Providence RI. Which doesn't really work because its 55 miles from Worcester; that's a pricey cab ride. 

Good idea to check with pursur/customer service on the boat; never hurts to at least ask there. Although I'm guessing because its weather related, I'm out of luck just as if I had booked it myself.

1 hour ago, alanstarr said:

Actually, the more I think about, I'll probably just take the flight to Providence. The ~$80-100 Lyft will certainly be cheaper than 2-3 days of hotel. 

Lesson learned on insurance for next time!

The last night of my cruise on December 29th, when eating dinner - I saw a notification on my phone that my United flight home had been cancelled (EZ Air). It was during the time when airlines were cancelling flights due to staff sickness.

We were still in port and I left dinner as I wasn't sure if I would have to deal with this or if I could get assistance. I figured while I still had cell service - I better deal with this.

I went to the Passenger's Service deck and the guy I was speaking to was clueless. He literally had no idea what to do. He made some phone calls while I waited. About 45 minutes later, I received an email from United that my flight had been rebooked and re-routed. I can tell you the gentleman at the desk was relieved that he didn't have to deal with it.

Though my saga continued the next day as I had more flight cancellations. Dealing with the airline seemed to be the best solution for me at the time.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Coral said:

Though my saga continued the next day as I had more flight cancellations. Dealing with the airline seemed to be the best solution for me at the time.

Thanks for the info. I agree that dealing with the airline is probably best, otherwise its just adding an unnecessary layer of complexity and communication. Although JetBlue has a 97-minute wait time on their phone lines, so I'll just head to the airport and deal with it all there.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jimbo1683 said:

Lesson learned on insurance for next time!

Not necessarily - the $80 Uber might still be cheaper than the insurance (never looked at that cost). Plus there's a chance of reimbursement from my credit card (Chase Sapphire); which, like many cards, has some travel coverage on it.

But you are correct, I should at least consider insurance for the future.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, alanstarr said:

Actually, the more I think about, I'll probably just take the flight to Providence. The ~$80-100 Lyft will certainly be cheaper than 2-3 days of hotel. 

You had in effect a contract with the airline to fly you to Worcester. The airline is not flying you to the destination you had booked.

Ask the airline for a partial refund for not getting you to the booked destination.

• Like 1