If you test positive before the cruise can you just change your sail date?

molly361

39 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I see that they will give a refund or a FCC but has anyone just had them change the sail date?   Keeping the same booking and therefore double points if booked during that promotion

Hmmm...interesting question but I would venture to say no on keeping the same booking number and promotion.

42 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I see that they will give a refund or a FCC but has anyone just had them change the sail date?   Keeping the same booking and therefore double points if booked during that promotion

If you can somehow convince them you are more than 48 hours out, you could just not mention the positive test and simply move the booking (under CWC rules). 

43 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

If you can somehow convince them you are more than 48 hours out, you could just not mention the positive test and simply move the booking (under CWC rules). 

I have to respond to this, because this "48 hours" thing from RCI really annoys me because it's not 48 hours from ship departure time, or ship boarding time, it's from 12:01am on the day your ship departs. So for my Saturday cruise I have until midnight on the Wednesday to cancel.  But you have to have COVID test results from within 2 hours prior to departure, so for my Saturday cruise the earliest I can get tested is Thursday morning. So if you happen to find out that you have Covid, even if you do it at the earliest possible allowable time for their testing, it's still beyond their "48 hours" for CWC. Which annoys me.

</rant>

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Amberle3 said:

I have to respond to this, because this "48 hours" thing from RCI really annoys me because it's not 48 hours from ship departure time, or ship boarding time, it's from 12:01am on the day your ship departs. So for my Saturday cruise I have until midnight on the Wednesday to cancel.  But you have to have COVID test results from within 2 hours prior to departure, so for my Saturday cruise the earliest I can get tested is Thursday morning. So if you happen to find out that you have Covid, even if you do it at the earliest possible allowable time for their testing, it's still beyond their "48 hours" for CWC. Which annoys me.

</rant>

Testing positive is under different rules than CWC

Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 8.38.40 PM.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Biker19 said:

By the time you get your test results it's too late to move your booking

We have an early flight 2 days before our B2B.  We will use the proctored emed test in our hotel room.

We have 2 flights to get to the cruise port.  We don’t want to fly if we can’t cruise, so we plan to use free home tests the day before we fly. 

19 hours ago, Amberle3 said:

</rant>

If you test post, you get a full refund.