Cabin changed to GTY and the category is sold out...

Missbollinger

We have a cruise on the Seashore in June '22 booked.  When we booked there were 2 cabins to choose from (Aurea 2 bedroom Grand Suite). We chose 11001.  We got an email last month but it didn't say what had changed (we hadn't changed anything) and I just checked online and now it's saying we do not have a cabin assigned!  Does this mean they oversold? reducing capacity? I mean where else are you going to put a family of 6?  We booked that cabin specifically because we wanted to be together.  

3 minutes ago, Missbollinger said:

We have a cruise on the Seashore in June '22 booked.  When we booked there were 2 cabins to choose from (Aurea 2 bedroom Grand Suite). We chose 11001.  We got an email last month but it didn't say what had changed (we hadn't changed anything) and I just checked online and now it's saying we do not have a cabin assigned!  Does this mean they oversold? reducing capacity? I mean where else are you going to put a family of 6?  We booked that cabin specifically because we wanted to be together.  

MSC's thing lately is switching your booked cabin on the Seashore to a Guarantee.  We booked a cabin on the Seashore last Aug. and in Nov. they switched to a Guarantee.  Said it was due to categories changing at first then they said due to Covid.  You will get reassigned again but maybe not the same cabin.  We were moved and taken out of our cabin and took me a month to get it straightened out. Keep an eye on it. I checked ours everyday.

• Like 1

Being a party of 6 might help you in this case. You should have priority over smaller groups who may have booked a 2BR GS. There isn't always a logical solution when it comes to MSC but I hope that you get to keep what you originally booked.

The 2BR GS debacle was much worse when Seaside was being built (people were lead to believe that ALL of those GS were 2 BR) and some people didn't find out until they walked into their 1BR stateroom.

So far, my Seashore booking has not changed and I'm also sailing in June so thanks for the heads-up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Missbollinger said:

Call them every day otherwise you might end up screwed.

I am b2b on Seaview in March and I found out they switched me from Barbados to a February sailing out of a St Martin, Then after I went ballistic, they switched me back to March out of St. Martin a day earlier. I had airfare already.

I was able to change my airline tickets but I lost the exit row seats and was not refunded the difference. 

I got upgraded from YC inside to YC deluxe for a B2b because the YC insides were already sold during the change to a February in error.

Good thing I caught it. I ended up with a fantastic deal.😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Being a party of 6 might help you in this case. You should have priority over smaller groups who may have booked a 2BR GS. There isn't always a logical solution when it comes to MSC but I hope that you get to keep what you originally booked.

The 2BR GS debacle was much worse when Seaside was being built (people were lead to believe that ALL of those GS were 2 BR) and some people didn't find out until they walked into their 1BR stateroom.

So far, my Seashore booking has not changed and I'm also sailing in June so thanks for the heads-up.

I did just call and stressed how if I end up not being in the same category and experience then I did not get what I paid for.  Let’s hope it doesn’t go pear shaped, we booked this trip to celebrate my youngest daughter’s birthday!

2 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Call them every day otherwise you might end up screwed.

I am b2b on Seaview in March and I found out they switched me from Barbados to a February sailing out of a St Martin, Then after I went ballistic, they switched me back to March out of St. Martin a day earlier. I had airfare already.

I was able to change my airline tickets but I lost the exit row seats and was not refunded the difference. 

I got upgraded from YC inside to YC deluxe for a B2b because the YC insides were already sold during the change to a February in error.

Good thing I caught it. I ended up with a fantastic deal.😁

That would be a logistical nightmare, my husband requested the time off already so if we’re not sailing when we are supposed to that would be problematic.

12 hours ago, Missbollinger said:

I did just call and stressed how if I end up not being in the same category and experience then I did not get what I paid for.  Let’s hope it doesn’t go pear shaped, we booked this trip to celebrate my youngest daughter’s birthday!

They don't care. Push them enough and they will tell you if you don't like it cancel.

Lousy thing is they could make changes even on the day you board and then there is nothing you can do.

You can probably kiss your experience goodby.

They took my Yacht club cabin and experience away and dumped me into a Balcony on deck 8 with no reduction in fare. If I don't like it, cancel.

You are dealing with a POS company and I am still not done with my fiasco.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

And yet you keep booking and cruising with them....

No, I am in penalty and am unable to cancel without losing never mind $15k worth of FCC that I am finally done with.

I have no further MSC booked and I am booked thru the end of 2023 vacation wise. Mostly NCL as I had $20k worth of FCC

My last 2 cruises will be over next month with MSC then the lawyer will do his thing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

No, I am in penalty and am unable to cancel without losing never mind $15k worth of FCC that I am finally done with.

I have no further MSC booked and I am booked thru the end of 2023 vacation wise. Mostly NCL as I had $20k worth of FCC

My last 2 cruises will be over next month with MSC then the lawyer will do his thing.

Can you tell us some things you do like about MSC?  If you get on board and magically get the actual room you booked, do you think the on board experience is generally good?

also, I hope you can down the road change your screen name. Or it’ll be free advertisement for MSC 😜

• Like 1

1 hour ago, awhcruiser said:

How does someone get 20k worth of FCC?

Getting the FCC is easy.

Applying the FCC with MSC is when the struggle begins.

With NCL Haven prices (especially on Prima), $20K in FCC is easy to completely use...might need a bit more for promo service charges...😉

4 hours ago, awhcruiser said:

How does someone get 20k worth of FCC?

Have $16,000 worth of bookings. So when cancelled, I got a 25% bonuses of $4k. So $20,000

I have an upcoming Emerald Princess cruise in the Guadalupe Suite. That is $14,000 for one sailing.

3 hours ago, FrostyJoe said:

Can you tell us some things you do like about MSC?  If you get on board and magically get the actual room you booked, do you think the on board experience is generally good?

also, I hope you can down the road change your screen name. Or it’ll be free advertisement for MSC 😜

Yes it is good to a point and that is based on personal likes and dislikes just like food. I have done 60+ cruises so I have a little experience to draw upon.

I do not care for the carribbean but am doing it first while we are still dealing with Covid. I had a ton of FCC to get rid of.

I prefer MSC overseas. My favorite with them was the Orchestra doing a 30 night Northern Europe. I also liked a 24 night Med cruise.

I loved the Yacht club and my next month b2b is in YC.

I still am not done with the debacle as I am not made whole yet. I am out attorney fees, insurance costs and for a 32ft sailboat I rented in a port.

The issue is we were forced to cancel and the ship sailed. If the ship did not make the port I got a refund for the sailboat, I cannot even move the insurance because the ship again sailed. I assured they would make it right if we cancelled and that was thru a lawyer.

My screen name, I used to change it for each cruise critic sailing I was doing the m&g for. CC won't let me change user constantly like I used too.

3 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Yes it is good to a point and that is based on personal likes and dislikes just like food. I have done 60+ cruises so I have a little experience to draw upon.

I do not care for the carribbean but am doing it first while we are still dealing with Covid. I had a ton of FCC to get rid of.

I prefer MSC overseas. My favorite with them was the Orchestra doing a 30 night Northern Europe. I also liked a 24 night Med cruise.

I loved the Yacht club and my next month b2b is in YC.

I still am not done with the debacle as I am not made whole yet. I am out attorney fees, insurance costs and for a 32ft sailboat I rented in a port.

The issue is we were forced to cancel and the ship sailed. If the ship did not make the port I got a refund for the sailboat, I cannot even move the insurance because the ship again sailed. I assured they would make it right if we cancelled and that was thru a lawyer.

My screen name, I used to change it for each cruise critic sailing I was doing the m&g for. CC won't let me change user constantly like I used too.

Man that sucks!!! I don’t understand why MSC wouldn’t treat their pretty much VIP high roller customer well.  Run of the mill cruisers like us…dime a dozen and we know and they know that we are a nothing. But it sound like you’re pretty well off with the $ and time and willing to spend it!!  who knows how much potential revenue they’re losing for years for basically turning their back on their big spender/customer. I only have platinum status (which are Diane a dozen) with Delta—but I have never ever paid for any sort of cancellation fee. By policy sure, in practice no….because they want to make us happy….best of your luck dealing MSC for the grand finale…

one day, I wish we will have the $ and the time for a high leisure budget like you. One day… 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Edited by FrostyJoe

On 2/4/2022 at 10:06 AM, mscdivina2016 said:

I'm sorry that your MSC cruise experience is not up to your standards, but I'm curious about one thing. What is your lawyer going to do about your MSC cruise experience? 

May I suggest to either lower your MSC cruise expectations to that of a regular cruiser or just have your manservant book you a cruise on Crystal Cruises or Seabourn Cruise Lines and freely indulge in the exclusive and personalized accommodations that you are accustomed to. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Have $16,000 worth of bookings. So when cancelled, I got a 25% bonuses of $4k. So $20,000

I have an upcoming Emerald Princess cruise in the Guadalupe Suite. That is $14,000 for one sailing.

Would you have any grounds to stand on if you did a credit card dispute?  This has worked to my benefit twice now, only different circumstances of course.

3 hours ago, juancarlosgarciasanchez said:

I'm sorry that your MSC cruise experience is not up to your standards, but I'm curious about one thing. What is your lawyer going to do about your MSC cruise experience? 

May I suggest to either lower your MSC cruise expectations to that of a regular cruiser or just have your manservant book you a cruise on Crystal Cruises or Seabourn Cruise Lines and freely indulge in the exclusive and personalized accommodations that you are accustomed to. 

The legal thing is from them taking away my fully paid  Yacht club Grand suite one month before sailing and putting me in a regular balcony on deck 8 with no reduction in fare. I could have had 5 balcony cabins for what I paid.

I still have a beef with them and I am not going away and I have the time and the money to persue my issue using a different avenue that should be more promising than my first attempt.

17 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

Would you have any grounds to stand on if you did a credit card dispute?  This has worked to my benefit twice now, only different circumstances of course.

No the charges were too old. I had lost about 16 cruises due to Covid and many were booked in 2019. Don't get me wrong, I want the 25% FCC bonus. I now have 11 booked thru 2023 and 9 paid in full.

I just have a sour taste due to my issue with them that eventually I am sure they will make amends somehow.

After I take my b2b next month I will post some more info.