The Daily for Friday 02/04/2022

richwmn

Thank you everyone for the kind thoughts, good wishes, and prayers for DH. They worked because he's home! 

When I got to the hospital this morning his speech was much better.He continues to struggle with getting the "right" word but his speech is pretty clear. His brain is a bit muddled but we'll keep working on it.  He was evaluated by OT and PT and the doctor felt being home was the best thing. There are no services at our local hospital on the weekend as it's a small place but so good and so caring. They have put in a request for more in-home services (OT, PT, and speech) which works for us. Unlike Carol I was sent home with multiple pages listing his meds and what times they were adminstered with the caveat that I am to call if I have any questions. 

Thanks for all the good wishes everyone! 

Karen

• Like 25
  • Thanks 4

18 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

Thank you everyone for the kind thoughts, good wishes, and prayers for DH. They worked because he's home! 

When I got to the hospital this morning his speech was much better.He continues to struggle with getting the "right" word but his speech is pretty clear. His brain is a bit muddled but we'll keep working on it.  He was evaluated by OT and PT and the doctor felt being home was the best thing. There are no services at our local hospital on the weekend as it's a small place but so good and so caring. They have put in a request for more in-home services (OT, PT, and speech) which works for us. Unlike Carol I was sent home with multiple pages listing his meds and what times they were adminstered with the caveat that I am to call if I have any questions. 

Karen

Great news!   

• Like 11

Busy day here today, good wishes to garlictown's DH, and happy for the returns home of luvteaching's  and mamaofami's DHs.  But it is sad about Kakalena, I hope she remains comfortable.  We have lots of different cancers in my family, breast cancer on my side and colon and prostate cancer on Pat's side, so it comes from all directions.  Yesterday we took 33 pounds of stamps to a group of ladies who will trim and sort them and sell them to dealers as "kiloware" and give all the proceeds to our Cancer Society here.  (I didn't collect them all myself, it was on behalf of our senior centre.)

DD in Gander called this morning, she expects to work tomorrow night (ATC) and they are expecting that the bomb cyclone will have hit Newfoundland by then.  She's going to have to clear her wide driveway, as her BF has hurt his shoulder.  I told her today is stuffed mushroom day, and she said she would make some with crab.  Wish I could join her.  I had mushrooms in my vegetable drawer, but when I looked, they were a bit slimy, so I put them in the compost bucket.  Boo.

I remember as a child, I once went to sleep with gum in my mouth, and in the morning, it was in my long hair.  My mother had to cut out a huge chunk of hair, and I think that was when I changed to short hair...

• Like 15
  • Haha 4

Thanks Rich and everyone. I got up early to go shopping in town half an hour away. I discovered that during my absence the cold was bad enough that my food storage area must have reached freezing a good bit because I had to replace things like mayo and other foods. I didn't know mayo would separate and turn to oil if it got cold but do know that now. After shopping I spent several hours moving all the food that should be kept from freezing into boxes that I could slide under the beds. My back says it worked hard today.  We have not had snow since I have been home, about three weeks now, but it still lingers because we haven't had a lot of warm days to melt it. I am very grateful that I listened to my kids when they told me I had to get a new heater. What a difference. Looking outside at the frozen water and beautiful clouds is nice when I can sit in my warm home. 

I am so sorry for those who have hardships today. I am not good at matching screen names to people but please know that I think of each and every one of you and say a prayer that things get better. I love the snow pictures but if given a choice would rather be back cruising the Caribbean.  I love stuffed mushrooms and at Asian buffets I usually find great ones that I go back for again and again. I have never learned to make them but enjoy eating them if others do the cooking.  Prayers for those who need them and cheers for those who are celebrating the good times in life.  

• Like 20

Word is just being posted on the Crystal board that both Symphony and Serenity have been 'arrested' by the liquidators tonight. Not many details yet.  A lot of crew still aboard.

Both ships have been sailing around in circles in the waters off Bimini since disembarking passengers after Crystal 'paused' and cancelled cruising.

Crystal Endeavor disembarked it's last passengers in Ushuaia yesterday and those passengers are currently on a charter flight back to Miami tonight. Endeavor still has some crew aboard and was rumored to be headed to Bimini, too.

Sad...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 11

1 hour ago, HAL Sailer said:

Word is just being posted on the Crystal board that both Symphony and Serenity have been 'arrested' by the liquidators tonight. Not many details yet.  A lot of crew still aboard.

Both ships have been sailing around in circles in the waters off Bimini since disembarking passengers after Crystal 'paused' and cancelled cruising.

Crystal Endeavor disembarked it's last passengers in Ushuaia yesterday and those passengers are currently on a charter flight back to Miami tonight. Endeavor still has some crew aboard and was rumored to be headed to Bimini, too.

Sad...

Truly is sad news for Crystal fans and even more for cruise industry.

• Like 11

4 hours ago, luvteaching said:

Karen

Karen, that is good hews that your DH's speech is improving and that he is home.  It sounds like your doctor and hospital are on the ball.  Hope 5he in-hone services xan start soon.

Lenda

• Like 10

8 hours ago, luvteaching said:

Good news !  So glad he is home & you will have some support 👍 

• Like 7