Just off the Apex ask me anything.

acshelco

I have a few random questions about the Apex.  Is there a library on the ship where you can borrow/trade books?  I'm guessing they may have done away with libraries now since most people use e-books.  

Also, are there any activities such as a putting green, basketball goal, etc.?  I think I saw they have ping pong.  

Are all the movies shown on the upper deck or do they do any inside the theater?

Thank you!

1 hour ago, wildcats40 said:

I have a few random questions about the Apex.  Is there a library on the ship where you can borrow/trade books?  I'm guessing they may have done away with libraries now since most people use e-books.  

Also, are there any activities such as a putting green, basketball goal, etc.?  I think I saw they have ping pong.  

Are all the movies shown on the upper deck or do they do any inside the theater?

Thank you!

I was on the Edge last year...so things may be slightly different.

My understanding is that there is NO library on Eclass. But you can ask for cards at guest services.

There is no official golf course or basketball court. BUT there were "sports" activities by the pool, including golf chipping & putting.

I think all the movies were at the Rooftop Deck--thinking this should be better on Apex as they have put in some shade. It would seem the Club or the Theater would be appropriate venues in inclement weather, but that didn't happen on our cruise.

• Thanks 1

On 2/27/2022 at 8:39 AM, Dadams2763 said:

Does Apex have "formal" nights with lobster for main meal and which nights are they? Thanks for your help!

They had 2 "Chic" nights it was Sunday and Thursday I believe. The lobster night was Thursday as well. 

22 hours ago, wildcats40 said:

Thank you!

Never saw a library and brought my own books so didn't ask for one. They had a golf chipping game by the pool and other activities like pool volleyball, corn hole etc. Yes there were 2 ping pong tables one deck above the pool. Movies were shown everyday on the roof and I think a few in the theatre

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/5/2022 at 11:54 AM, acshelco said:

Just finished our first ever cruise on the Apex from Jan 29th till Feb 5th. I really appreciated all the info I learned on here and so wanted to help anyone else that had questions. Ask away.

hi..  do you know if th Aft facing corner Sky Suite has a wrap around balcony as do the ones on the Reflection> from the deck plans, it appears to have a wall on the water side.

On 2/27/2022 at 1:00 PM, wildcats40 said:

Thank you!

We sailed on EDGE and we saw a book sharing cart in Eden.   Was not a big cart and not many books, so do not expect to find what you are looking for.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PegfromSC said:

hi..  do you know if th Aft facing corner Sky Suite has a wrap around balcony as do the ones on the Reflection> from the deck plans, it appears to have a wall on the water side.

No,they are not wrap around balconies.

5 hours ago, mimbecky said:

Is there ever a time when you can relax in the magic carpet for a drink or is it only available for meals and special events?

M

Most of the day it is available for that - we often relax with a drink there on both Edge and Apex.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Nanci40 said:

I don't know if Canada requires a neg covid test for reentry but the US does.  Did you notice how that was handled for cruisers?  Thank you

No test required for re-entry into the US.

On 3/6/2022 at 11:27 PM, mimbecky said:

Is there ever a time when you can relax in the magic carpet for a drink or is it only available for meals and special events?

M

Love the Magic Carpet.  It shuttles from the top decks to the bottom decks, but with no passengers aboard.  I think it had dinners (pre-booking required) a couple of nights.

The rest of the time, it is a great place for sunsets and SAILAWAYs.  But, it closes at 9:30 p.m.