Sabatini's breakfast menu

FritzG

34 minutes ago, EDDY0827 said:

Anyone have any luck ordering a crab or lobster omelet?

Sabbatini's should have the ingredients let over from dinner.

I have.  It all depends how "friendly" your Assistant Manager is.  The one I had in Sabatini's was not very friendly and would not allow me to make any special requests.  I've been much more successful when breakfast is in the Crown Grill.  They seem to be more agreeable on longer voyages.  Yes with crab.  No with lobster.

I tried when when I was on the Grand in '19. The suite breakfast was in the CG and my request was denied. I didn't ask for lobster but the waiter said that they didn't have any crab. It doesn't hurt to ask and I will try again Sept 24 for 3 nights, YVR to SF.

On the plus side, our waiter brought me bottomless Bloody Marys and Mimosas, had them waiting when we arrived every morning. No charges to the folio. No drink plan.

I ate at Sabitini's breakfast on My Aug 15-31 cruise so it was less then a week ago. They were open everyday  7-10 AM no exceptions and no difference on sea days. They had avocados upon request every day. I ordered James Beard French toast which isn't their menu item and they accommodated me. The service was excellent.

Full suites can have room service disembarkation morning if desired but Sabitini's is open that morning too. 

Edited by cruzsnooze
  • Like 1

On 2/13/2022 at 1:57 PM, Pamster said:

DH asked for corned beef hash. They didn’t have it that day but did the next. It was the canned stuff, but he likes that, and they offered it to him every day of the 2 week cruise. We figured it must have been one of those really big cans!!!

It is usually a regular in the buffet, they probably had some sent down.

On 2/13/2022 at 7:46 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

@Kmkub  You must have had the same Head Waiter/Assistant Manager I had.  He was inflexible.  Most times, they are very accommodating, within reason.

We had the most fabulous Head Waiter/Assistant Manager at Sabatini's on our 2020 Hawaii cruise. My parents were on the cruise and the HW/AM couldn't do enough for her. I didn't eat with my parents or DW most days because I am out of the cabin early, but once he knew they were my parents, every morning when I came in first thing for my bagel & smoked salmon, he inquired how she was and promised he have something special for he, and he always did.

He was also our HW/AM at the Steakhouse and in charge of the priority debarkation lounge and again, bent over backwards to help my mother. He made the trip very special for her through simple kindnesses.

The trip was the next to last cruise to Hawaii before the shutdown and I worry about how our friend fared. He'd been with Princess quite a number of years and had worked his way up.

On 2/14/2022 at 7:11 PM, brisalta said:

It is not a complicated dish to make from scratch.

It is not and I surprised it isn't always made from scratch, as usually places that serve it are "repurposing" the previous night's roast beef and baked potato.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2022 at 7:49 PM, EDDY0827 said:

Anyone have any luck ordering a crab or lobster omelet?

Sabbatini's should have the ingredients let over from dinner.

We had a standing order for lobster omlettes with Swiss cheese topped with avacado slices every morning. You can pretty much have anything you want if you can let them know a day in advance. You can even specify a time. I might try steak (filet) and eggs next time! 😉

27 minutes ago, ROXIETHEHORSE said:

We had a standing order for lobster omlettes with Swiss cheese topped with avacado slices every morning. You can pretty much have anything you want if you can let them know a day in advance. You can even specify a time. I might try steak (filet) and eggs next time! 😉

I'll try the omelette request first and if that doesn't work, I'll suffer through steak and eggs.

• Haha 1