Celebrity Move Up

closecruiser

4 hours ago, closecruiser said:

I looked at that.  Kinda confusing.   If it happen it happens.   Just want to cruise.   

I agree,  very confusing.        We put a bid in, from infinite veranda  to concierge,  did minimum. If we get, we get, if not no biggie. Our 1st celebrity cruise.

Edited by DQGal

51 minutes ago, DQGal said:

I agree,  very confusing.        We put a bid in, from infinite veranda  to concierge,  did minimum. If we get, we get, if not no biggie. Our 1st celebrity cruise.

That’s what I said, if we get it great and if we don’t, oh well!!!   

• Like 1

We recently won a bid from interior to Aquaclass for the minimum bid which was $550. This was for a 12 night on Equinox. 

We did a mock booking before we submitted our bid and saw there was a lot of AQ availability. That’s why we bid the minimum because we figured there wouldn’t be too much competition and X would rather take the money from our minimum bid than not take any money from us at all. If we had done a mock booking and seen that there weren’t many AQ rooms left, we would have felt compelled to bid higher if we wanted a shot at winning the bid. Obviously YMMV but I think checking the availability of the class you’re interested in is a good way to determine the demand and therefore, whether a higher than minimum bid might be prudent. Of course if you’re really content with what you already booked and an upgrade really isn’t important to you then you can always bid minimum regardless of the number of rooms available and if you win it’s just a pleasant treat and if you don’t, oh well! 🙂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Currently pretty low bids are accepted. In October we bid $ 115 to upgrade to Aqua on Apex (7 nt Greece) and it was accepted.

Since we were happy with our IV and E class is the only class where we don´t "need" Blu - because of the fantastic 4 MDRs - we didn´t bid more. We did not expect it to go through and were surprised when we got the email.

3 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

They always come a few days before the cruise. That is when their computer system "decides".
Sometimes you can see the credit card charge before getting the email.

Ok,thanks.   We sail Friday so I’ll keep my fingers crossed.   Do you feel

they would rather have something then nothing!!  

1 hour ago, Miaminice said:

They always come a few days before the cruise. That is when their computer system "decides".
Sometimes you can see the credit card charge before getting the email.

Good to know about the cc charge.   I’ll keep a eye on that.  

4 hours ago, Miaminice said:

Currently pretty low bids are accepted. In October we bid $ 115 to upgrade to Aqua on Apex (7 nt Greece) and it was accepted.

Since we were happy with our IV and E class is the only class where we don´t "need" Blu - because of the fantastic 4 MDRs - we didn´t bid more. We did not expect it to go through and were surprised when we got the email.

What type of  original cabin were you in?

20 hours ago, closecruiser said:

Did a bid for a bid up, from inside to veranda.   What is the lowest bid someone has gotten.   

Thanks.   

I have won that upgrade with the absolute minimum bid. With capacity so low, no need to bid higher unless you are bidding on Suites. 

15 hours ago, DQGal said:

There is nothing special about Concierge, you should cancel and bid Aquaclass instead. Just my opinion!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wineaux007 said:

If they assign you a stateroom after winning a Move Up, will they let you change to another in the same category if you wish to choose a different location?

Generally no but I have heard of some cabin changes being allowed.  It is best to set your mind to accepting the worst cabin in the category and be happy if you get something better.

We were upgraded to a SS and the cabin assigned was an accessible cabin.   Had to build towel dykes daily to keep the water from overtaking the full bathroom.   I asked for a change and was told all were occupied.   The upgrade occurred 2 days prior to the cruise.

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Generally no but I have heard of some cabin changes being allowed.  It is best to set your mind to accepting the worst cabin in the category and be happy if you get something better.

That's pretty much the same when you book a "guarantee" category, but if something else is available in the same category as the room you were assigned, you were able to change.

6 hours ago, neverlaysup said:

There is nothing special about Concierge, you should cancel and bid Aquaclass instead. Just my opinion!

I thought about that also, and probably will try,  this is our 1st Celebrity  cruise, I think it'll better great,  no matter.