Live Value Cruising Review of Oasis of the Sea 2/6/22 - 2/13/22 Plenty of Pictures!

BennyBrun

1 hour ago, Fontaid said:

@BennyBrun Sorry about you not getting a snack today. Just remember... when you miss a snack, WE all miss a snack... lol.

My only request is that before you disembark this cruise, please post your upcoming cruise schedule as best you know it and whether you will be doing "live" updates. I saw that you will going on Wonder of the Sea sailing March 4. I think this entire virtual group will squeeze into your cabin on that cruise. It should be a great trip. I can't wait. I think I'll start packing... lol.

If you can't tell, I've enjoyed your b2b cruises on Oasis immensely. I hope you've enjoyed the banter with your fellow travelers. I know we have.

Dave

Making up for the snack that was missed earlier!!  I have to say it’s good but the Mardi Gras pizza was better 😬

24E3789C-309D-4AD6-A07E-DA41FE4E8BD9.jpeg

1 hour ago, BennyBrun said:

Its like you are here with me!

I WAS there with you! Except I don't know who you are and didn't see anyone busy taking and posting photos. Do you ever post a photo of yourself? We were there when the gates opened and got seats in the center a few rows up. You're right, great seats to see the show. 

They didn't use the trampoline tonight. I hope the performers are OK. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, SG65CB said:

I WAS there with you! Except I don't know who you are and didn't see anyone busy taking and posting photos. Do you ever post a photo of yourself? We were there when the gates opened and got seats in the center a few rows up. You're right, great seats to see the show. 

They didn't use the trampoline tonight. I hope the performers are OK. 

It was a great show last night and the seat I had was great.  I got a few drops of water on me when they lifted the two performers back to the other platform.

Thats’s the fun of finding Waldo 😂 I think there was someone else on here that said they are going to look for someone that takes a lot of pictures … Waldo is still waiting to be found lol!

• Like 2

On 2/10/2022 at 10:07 PM, BennyBrun said:

Day 5

Last call for questions / specific areas about the Oasis of the Sea that you like to see more of… Last call!  Otherwise you will have to wait until March for me to answer your question!

When in March are you going again? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BennyBrun said:

I am sorry there was a last minute change onboard.  I will no longer be on the Oasis in March.  I will be on Wonder of the Sea’s inaugural cruise on 3/4.

Ok looking forward to your post we’re on the Oasis March 20 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Phillygirl1 said:

Ok looking forward to your post we’re on the Oasis March 20 

Have a fantastic cruise!  It is a great ship with great complimentary food options!  Just don’t expect the the strawberry trifle to be what you think it should be 😝 … onboard it is made with jello! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BennyBrun said:

I am sorry there was a last minute change onboard.  I will no longer be on the Oasis in March.  I will be on Wonder of the Sea’s inaugural cruise on 3/4.

@BennyBrun With all these cruises you're taking, have you considered giving up your apartment and putting the rest of your stuff in storage? You could probably save some money - enough to book more cruises!🤣

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Fontaid said:

@BennyBrun With all these cruises you're taking, have you considered giving up your apartment and putting the rest of your stuff in storage? You could probably save some money - enough to book more cruises!🤣

I like cruising but I am not one of those that can live on a cruise ship.  I truly enjoyed my two weeks cruise but I am ready to get off the ship and be back on dry land because there are just certain things I life you can’t get on the ship 🛳 like friends and family despite the fact that you might need an emotional hazmat suit when you see them but still 😂 plus a long list of places I like to go eat at !!

• Like 1

Day 7

I have to say that certain entrees is prepared better or about the sam at MDR/Windjammer than at Specialty venues on the Oasis.  The Eggplant Parmigiana.  The top one was from Giovanni’s and it has about 4 slices of egg plant plus cheese plus sliced tomato in between, the bottom picture is from MDR and just two slices of eggplant and melted cheese and it’s bigger than the one from Giovanni’s.  It also tasted so much better.  So sometimes it does not pay to pay more unless you are looking for that great atmosphere and personal attention from your server.

98D8B20D-A721-496A-B9BD-DF1501C0F601.jpeg

374CA1D6-F9B7-4044-939D-A710EA638B5F.jpeg

• Like 2

Day 7

I made my way down to deck 8 to grab some coffee and take the view before I start to pack but I ran into one of the server and chatted for a while so I ended up grabbing a coffee to go so I have time to pack and still make to Cats.  I want to give it another try!

Day 7 Sea Day!

What’s worse than packing day?  Packing at 11PM the night before disembarkation.  I am 90% done just have jam a few last minute items in before I go to bed tonight.  Since the entertainment schedule rearrangements, I find myself with a block of time after dinner.  What to do, what to do 🤔

Thank you for sharing your vacation! This spring I'll be on the Oasis for my second cruise with Royal Caribbean. I have tons of questions,  hopefully you'll be able to answer a couple to help out this confused cruiser.

1. When does the pre-cruise online check-in begin? At midnight or sometime in the morning?

2.  When can I start reserving seats for entertainment shows? How does it work? I'm also cruising with six other people in 3 different cabins, how do we reserve seats together? 

3. Can you tell me how reservations for the Windjammer works? 

11 minutes ago, sjmbruce said:

Thank you for sharing your vacation! This spring I'll be on the Oasis for my second cruise with Royal Caribbean. I have tons of questions,  hopefully you'll be able to answer a couple to help out this confused cruiser.

1. When does the pre-cruise online check-in begin? At midnight or sometime in the morning?

2.  When can I start reserving seats for entertainment shows? How does it work? I'm also cruising with six other people in 3 different cabins, how do we reserve seats together? 

3. Can you tell me how reservations for the Windjammer works? 

1. I am not sure the exact time since I just check in when I receive the notification email from Royal.  I believe it is 30 days but other CC could help and chime in on this.

2. Show reservations can only be done once you are onboard connected to ship Wi-Fi with airplane mode on.  You need to have your reservation linked by calling and then you will be able to manage the reservations.  It is always best to have the other parties do the reservations on their own at the same time in case you experience a hiccup.  The line for actual human assistance can be quite long on embarkation day.

3. Reservations at Windjammer is no longer required for my cruise.  I suspect you won’t need it either unless something drastic changes.  You do need solarium reservations though!