Packing on Final Night for debarkation PH category

JenniferLY

Just wondering when everyone packs on your final day for debarkation for the next morning.  Do you need to put your bags outside your door the night before in PH category?  Or does your butler take care of it?  

We have a full day tour on our last day that gets back at about 4:30pm (snorkeling in French Polynesia so we will have wet swimsuits.  I have also booked a dinner at Toscana that evening.  I pushed dinner back to 8pm so we could pack when we get back from the tour.  Will we have enough time to pack? 

Do you have any hints/tips/tricks?  We are in no rush to get to airport after we disembark--we will be taking a ferry to Moorea for a few days stay at a hotel (we haven't booked ferry time yet--no rush here either).

Thnx

pack all non essential clothing  the night before you go snorkeling 

The you not have so much to do the last night 

If you are going to a hotel on disembarkation day  you could pack toiletries in a carry on 

Your butler can pack for you while you are  at dinner that is an option as well

I am sure other in PH  suites will have other tricks

What we have always done in this situation:

Order dinner into the suite!!

We pack after dinner is over and put our bags out in the hall.  We haven't always made it by the "ordered out time" but never had a problem.  Then again, we didn't wait until 3am to put our suitcases in the hall!

We make sure to reserve clothing for the next morning and our carry-ons.  The former came from a very amusing commentary from our first cruise director on Renaissance when he mentioned having to wear two t-shirts when leaving the ship since he'd forgotten to leave out appropriate clothing for departure.  We never believed the story, but it was amusing ... and a warning.

It's so much easier to pack the last night when you have the option to dine in the suite.  I urge that you do so.  Maybe it's too late to give this suggestion ...

Mura

Large ziploc for your swimsuit until you can dry them, or take a really old set and throw them away when you get back. 

As Lyn said try to do most of your packing the day before. Since you don't need to pack for flying it doesn't really matter where or how you pack it, just stuff it in the bags. 

As others have stated, we start organizing/semi-packing the day prior if we have a full day touring on the last day; what is needed overnight is separated to go into our carry-on bag.  If it is a sea day all the better as you can do at your leisure. When in PH, we followed same timing as other cabins and never bothered the butler for this as we like to our own. If we are going direct to the airport, we adjust when we arrive at the airport e.g., unload toiletries, pj's etc. into our checked bag. We have also disembarked with our luggage in tow with no problem when we needed to leave the ship quickly and early. 

I believe the official time to have bags in hallway for pickup is 10 pm. Because it is our tradition to dine in Polo Grill on the last night, we sometimes have been around 30 minutes late with placing our bags outside but never had any problem. Last time we sailed, we had a tight flight schedule so we disembarked early with all our luggage so had no deadline at all the previous night. I probably should note that we have a firm rule of no more than one medium-size suitcase and one carryon bag person no matter where or for how long we travel. 

37 minutes ago, CintiPam said:

I believe the official time to have bags in hallway for pickup is 10 pm. Because it is our tradition to dine in Polo Grill on the last night, we sometimes have been around 30 minutes late with placing our bags outside but never had any problem. Last time we sailed, we had a tight flight schedule so we disembarked early with all our luggage so had no deadline at all the previous night. I probably should note that we have a firm rule of no more than one medium-size suitcase and one carryon bag person no matter where or for how long we travel. 

We met the 10 pm deadline [well, ok – almost] but much later we saw other bags put out and they were picked up.  I don't know how far you can stretch this, but clearly they do make post-10 pm sweeps.

5 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

We met the 10 pm deadline [well, ok – almost] but much later we saw other bags put out and they were picked up.  I don't know how far you can stretch this, but clearly they do make post-10 pm sweeps.

Speaking for a friend .... we can confirm that midnight still works..

• Haha 2

Thanks all.  Its a port intensive cruise and we'll be doing full day tours for the last few days.  We'll probably just pack little by little during the last few evenings.  I reckon we'll have enough time on the last night to finish before dinner. If worse comes to worse I suppose we could always cancel dinner and do room service.  And yeah, since we're not flying we can just throw everything in there just so its packed.  We can sort out it out when we're in Moorea at the hotel and we can reorganise everything properly. 

It's much easier to pack at the end of the cruise than at home.  Anything that doesn't belong to the cruise line goes in some suitcase – if you're not flying it doesn't matter which one.  And thankfully Oceania isn't as fancy as the hotel where Yogi said 'The towels are so plush that I could hardly close my suitcase'!!!