Question For People That Brought Old WOW Bands

JasonMason

Hey All  - Since it seems Royal has paused (or stopped) offering Wow Bands onboard, for those of you who brought them from previous sailings and had them successfully reprogrammed - did they give you any trouble with the Muster Station being printed on the side of the band?

I know some did not have this, but the only one I have left is an Anthem band with my D3 station printed on it. Was hoping to bring it along on a future sailing, but wasn’t sure if I’d have to find some clever way of removing that first. Thank ya!

Brought mine and Guest Service re programmed the band.  Did this on Harmony in November.  By coincident it was the same Muster station we were assigned.  I don't think Guest Services even noticed.  I would go ahead and bring it along.  You could get some kind of sticker and put over Muster Station number. 

12 hours ago, chandoe said:

Brought mine and Guest Service re programmed the band.  Did this on Harmony in November.  By coincident it was the same Muster station we were assigned.  I don't think Guest Services even noticed.  I would go ahead and bring it along.  You could get some kind of sticker and put over Muster Station number. 

Awesome! I was hoping that would be the case… And a sticker is a good idea!

18 hours ago, chandoe said:

6 hours ago, JasonMason said:

Awesome! I was hoping that would be the case… And a sticker is a good idea!

Did you pay for the re-programming.    I got my first one on Quantum.  Was able to re-use on Anthem gratis, but was told in the future it would cost me.

What is the going price these days.

Edited by nelblu

Went to Guest Services as soon as we got on the ship. There was not a charge to re- program.  This was on Harmony November 21. I don't know if other ships charge.  When it comes to Oasis Class Ships Allure is the only ship that does not use WOW Bands.

We were on Anthem last year out of UK and were given wow brands as we were Star class. Fast forward a few months and on Anthem in Jan out of NJ (no longer star class) - asked if we could get our wow bands reprogrammed (no muster printed on them) and were told they were no longer being used and therefore they couldn't be reprogrammed. Very disappointed as we found them such a benefit.

Edited by 38anchor