Completed Online Check In Panorama I have Questions

travelplus

I just completed my online checkin for my February 26th Panorama Cruise.  I had some questions for clarification.

1.  I checked in exactly when the online checkin opened and was given a 1:30 PM-2:00 PM  Checkin appointment is there any chance that I can board earlier around 11:00 due to my Low Vision I need time to orient myself to the ship? I did request special assistance.

2. I entered my Global Entry Number how will this help with embarkation and debarkation? Can I just show my Global Entry Card instead of my passport?   I will be bringing my Passport as well.   Do I get Pre Check for security?   All passengers go through the Smile and Go Service for arrivals so I was wondering how will my Global Entry help?

3. Where is Muster Station A05 and also what does Boarding Zone D03 mean?

Thanks.

Sorry to hear your check-in time is so late. The good thing is your cabin will be ready when you board. Boarding Zone D-03, is your boarding group. Suites usually board first and then they start with A-1, A-2, A-3, etc. The B and C groups will be called before the D-1, D-2, and D-3 groups. I wouldn't worry about your muster station, crew members will be stationed all over when you board and will direct you to your cabin and muster station. The safety briefing is much easier and quicker than the old method.

• Like 1

I checked in right when it opened up and got the same time option 1:30-2:00 and D-3 also. I had read previous posts about this being the case on Panorama, have never had this late check in before. We are flying in Friday to LAX and will have a rental car so guess we will just be tourists for a few extra hours lol.

Platinum and Diamond members get access to online check in at T- minus 16 days while others can access at 14 days. I have read on these boards that Carnival expects the Feb 26th cruise to be the most full since the restart on Panorama, so it is likely that a lot of Plat and Diamonds are on that one.

When I checked in to my Panorama cruise for the 19th, I got Boarding Zone A-1 and the check in time listed was 12:00-12:30 so I assume Panorama starts a little later than most others we have sailed in the past.

9 hours ago, travelplus said:

I just completed my online checkin for my February 26th Panorama Cruise.  I had some questions for clarification.

1.  I checked in exactly when the online checkin opened and was given a 1:30 PM-2:00 PM  Checkin appointment is there any chance that I can board earlier around 11:00 due to my Low Vision I need time to orient myself to the ship? I did request special assistance.

2. I entered my Global Entry Number how will this help with embarkation and debarkation? Can I just show my Global Entry Card instead of my passport?   I will be bringing my Passport as well.   Do I get Pre Check for security?   All passengers go through the Smile and Go Service for arrivals so I was wondering how will my Global Entry help?

Thanks.

1. No,  your arrival appointment was the time you selected but your cabin should be ready so you can go right to your cabin.  Special assistance just means they will provide physical assistance up the gangway.  There is no front of the line by asking for special assistance thanks to the rampant abuse.  

2. Global Entry does nothing unless on return the port has Global Entry.  However, providing your Trusted Traveler number helps Customs and Immigration verify you better (note the You agree part). You can not use your GE in place of your  passport but you would use it to enter the GE re-entry line on return if present and staffed.

3. You may be directed right to your muster station for safety drill at boarding .  If not, there is plenty of crew to ask.  If people are stacked up in the terminal, waiting to board, they call groups in order but since the inception of arrival appointments, other than at 10 am, I haven't seen people waiting in the terminal.  Pretty much after 11:30 am or so, you walk straight on board.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, travelplus said:

Thanks.

Check in times are later on Panorama since it is scheduled to return to port later. You got the earliest time slot for not priority passengers. On our recent cruise, I heard of people getting an earlier spot when checking their planner and checking edit next to your time. A couple of weeks ago the ship was only half full so it didn’t matter when you showed up. They didn’t even ask us what our checkin time was. There were very few people around at noon and we walked right in and on to the ship in 15 minutes or less. (Our time was 1:00). 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 2wheelin said:

Check in times are later on Panorama since it is scheduled to return to port later. You got the earliest time slot for not priority passengers. On our recent cruise, I heard of people getting an earlier spot when checking their planner and checking edit next to your time. A couple of weeks ago the ship was only half full so it didn’t matter when you showed up. They didn’t even ask us what our checkin time was. There were very few people around at noon and we walked right in and on to the ship in 15 minutes or less. (Our time was 1:00). 

Got it. Thanks  My checkout time is noon so I will mosey on to the port after. Glad I can have a relaxing morning being only a smidge under 3 miles from the Port staying on Ocean Blvd in the East Art District area.

I forgot about the late arrival and was so used to my other cruises checking in at 11. 

Edited by travelplus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Elaine5715 said:

1. No,  your arrival appointment was the time you selected but your cabin should be ready so you can go right to your cabin.  Special assistance just means they will provide physical assistance up the gangway.  There is no front of the line by asking for special assistance thanks to the rampant abuse.  

2. Global Entry does nothing unless on return the port has Global Entry.  However, providing your Trusted Traveler number helps Customs and Immigration verify you better (note the You agree part). You can not use your GE in place of your  passport but you would use it to enter the GE re-entry line on return if present and staffed.

3. You may be directed right to your muster station for safety drill at boarding .  If not, there is plenty of crew to ask.  If people are stacked up in the terminal, waiting to board, they call groups in order but since the inception of arrival appointments, other than at 10 am, I haven't seen people waiting in the terminal.  Pretty much after 11:30 am or so, you walk straight on board.

Great thanks!