Not Homer’s Odyssey - semi live Odyssey of the Seas

Tree_skier

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Is that because the app is screwed up? 😉 Bon Voyage. 🍻

No that was gonna happen irrespective. But it’s helping. Figured out what the problem is, apparently it doesn’t like my VPN. 

99D21072-A6B3-48A7-98BA-A920A0E1B874.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

So checkin is a gong show.  Extremely crowded. 
Lunch at Goovanni

26E5CC45-C441-4A66-AFD0-19655523E51F.thumb.jpeg.cd8e20c538e98ba42f8a7adb90fbcd54.jpeg

60FE902B-CD79-4F8C-8A15-83FD2A98A08C.thumb.jpeg.081cc5a8d53ed7b62f61a794d4879b01.jpeg

The drinking has begun. My app is screwed up. Can’t book anything. 

Good Luck with all the eating you are going to be doing? The bottom of the second picture you posted looks just like your dress shirt you are wearing about ready to bust the buttons.   I hope that is not your shirt 🙂

Edited by Jimbo

6 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

We’re just packing up at the Hilton Garden Inn now. We’ll have a light breakfast and then Uber over to the port.  I’ll check back here in few hours and let you know how it all is going.

Can you give me an estimate how long it took from ordering Uber to arriving at port?  I’m booked at the HGI and have a 12:30 port arrival time.

Hope you have a great week+ !

46 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Good Luck with all the eating you are going to be doing? The bottom of the second picture you posted looks just like your dress shirt you are wearing about ready to bust the buttons.   I hope that is not your shirt 🙂

Sadly that is, I’ve gained 30 pounds in the last five months. I promise after this cruise it’s keto for me.  In my defense I was kind of slouching back so it put a bit of a strain on the shirt. 

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, alohayall said:

Can you give me an estimate how long it took from ordering Uber to arriving at port?  I’m booked at the HGI and have a 12:30 port arrival time.

Hope you have a great week+ !

I preordered my Uber the night before. She arrived at exactly at 11 as I requested. I was at at the curb at 11:13. I was walking into the ship at 1150. Checking was much more crowded than what I experienced on Serenade in August and Liberty in December. Ship seems busy. I don’t have a passenger count yet. First day always seems busy this seems more than previous cruise since restart. 

• Like 2

I tried getting a Crescendo John but your bartender wasn’t there and the one one that was seemed dubious on making it in back LI Ice tea.

im behind on beverages. To much running around booming and organizing.  Trying to catch up.  

the night is young. I’ll get there. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Unless I somehow missed it Anthem doesn't have an actual Starbucks, they just serve Starbucks coffee at places like LaPatisserie, Cafe270, etc.

Odyssey has one across from Cafe Promenade. But that CP doesn't have espresso drinks😉

Sadly that is, I’ve gained 30 pounds in the last five months. I promise after this cruise it’s keto for me.  In my defense I was kind of slouching back so it put a bit of a strain on the shirt. 

I alwaus crop out feet, bellies, other things down low🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I tried getting a Crescendo John but your bartender wasn’t there and the one one that was seemed dubious on making it in back LI Ice tea.

im behind on beverages. To much running around booming and organizing.  Trying to catch up.  

the night is young. I’ll get there. 

Ray works late. But Marie and Latoya are aware of the concoction.

Jax in two70 made me one

31 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

This is a ridiculously good poutine. As a Canadian citizen I believe I’m qualified to pass judgement. It’s available in the Crown and Compass. 

5862600F-4BE3-468B-B7CE-981DE8E11D9D.thumb.jpeg.d054bdc279a578323d4bc59892cd7770.jpeg

$4 for us ala carte folks. Meant to try it

• Like 2

Just now, DonnaK said:

Reading with interest!  We are on the following sailing, Feb 20.  Later in the week, if you find out what the expected number of cruisers is for the next cruise, can you please let me know?

Enjoy your cruise!

I’ll do my best. 

• Like 1