How far is the walk off the ship?

Marie51

I know there’s a lot of construction around the pier in Nassau. I would like to take a taxi to the beach but with limited mobility I would need to know how long the walk is to get to the taxi area? I was in Nassau in August but stayed on the ship due to mobility issues. Thanks for any helpful information. 

It really depends on what part of the pier your ship docks at. If you're at the closest one, it not at long walk. If it's the furthest away, it could be close to a half mile away. I've seen golf carts shuttle passengers back and forth if that helps. They work on tips.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mets123 said:

It really depends on what part of the pier your ship docks at. If you're at the closest one, it not at long walk. If it's the furthest away, it could be close to a half mile away. I've seen golf carts shuttle passengers back and forth if that helps. They work on tips.

Thanks

On 2/14/2022 at 5:27 PM, Capt_BJ said:

here's a graphic ... I've measured from middle of the furthest out pier to the nearest road and it is about .4 miles .....image.thumb.png.4b1cbc486f18742209692d27319e9c85.png

here's a graphic ... I've measured from middle of the furthest out pier to the nearest road and it is about .4 miles .....image.thumb.png.4b1cbc486f18742209692d27319e9c85.png

Thank you

Just hop on one of the golf carts and ride it as far they will take you then short walk to the street to get a taxi.     Make sure you are getting in a legitimate taxi and ask fare price as soon as you get on.     One of the closest beaches to port is Junkanoo beach which is nice public / free beach with easy access.    Also can rent lounge chair/umbrella and get food/drink at one of the huts on the beach.  

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Just hop on one of the golf carts and ride it as far they will take you then short walk to the street to get a taxi.     Make sure you are getting in a legitimate taxi and ask fare price as soon as you get on.     One of the closest beaches to port is Junkanoo beach which is nice public / free beach with easy access.    Also can rent lounge chair/umbrella and get food/drink at one of the huts on the beach.  

Thank you. I was in NAssau in late August but did not see any golf carts. Everybody was walking. But thanks for the info. 

• 4 weeks later...