Sports on TV

codyakker

Now i don't intend to spend our cruise watching loads of sport but there might be one football game i might want to watch (on a sea day too) so was wondering if any of the bars show football at all, i thought not but various people have told me that they might. Anyone know please.

1 hour ago, codyakker said:

Now i don't intend to spend our cruise watching loads of sport but there might be one football game i might want to watch (on a sea day too) so was wondering if any of the bars show football at all, i thought not but various people have told me that they might. Anyone know please.

I watched Live Football on my last cruise but it wasn't Sky as i think they can't broadcast them as other companies in other countries pay for the rights to show football live but they used one of the lesser known broadcasters and it was perfectly OK.

So if your looking for a specific match it comes down to who's broadcasting it on the day.

1 hour ago, thepeb said:

is 6 nations rugby on P and O ?

They were showing the 6 nations on our Ventura 35 nighter two years ago, and in the show lounge too because I remember a Wales match just ending in victory just as we arrived to do the mid-cruise muster. And lots of people moaning that they had to leave to go their muster station just before the end of the match! 

10 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

They were showing the 6 nations on our Ventura 35 nighter two years ago, and in the show lounge too because I remember a Wales match just ending in victory just as we arrived to do the mid-cruise muster. And lots of people moaning that they had to leave to go their muster station just before the end of the match! 

I watched a game in the most unusual surroundings ever, it was the same night as Formal Wear night and the bar was full to the gunnels of Women in all there finery and the Men in there dinner suits. 🤪

• Like 1

Thanks again everyone. Pete14, (cheeky so an so ha ha) it's the Papa Johns Trophy Final that i MIGHT want to watch, it's being shown on SKY in UK and ESPN and others elsewhere so hopefully it will be on. Just still got the not so small task of beating Rotherham United (currently top of League 1) first in the semi final, not counting my chickens just yet but trying to cover my options.

• Like 1