Bliss outdoor dining?

LinnieRed

1 hour ago, LinnieRed said:

Do any of the restaurants on the Bliss offer outdoor dining? We like to take advantage of the fresh air and good weather as often as possible

thanks,

Linnie

Hi Linn!

I'm actually taking our daughter on a last minute Bliss cruise, so popped over to this thread and said "Hey!  I know her!" 😀

We LOVE the waterfront outdoor seating at the restaurants, even if it is a little chilly or windy out there.  If they're allowing seating out there, that's where you'll find us!  During the day, when the specialty restaurants aren't open, you can still sit there.  There are lots of "comfy" chairs and couches on the Waterfront, too.

The thing we miss most on the large ships, is the outdoor buffet seating.  The smaller ships (Gem, Jewel, etc.) have The Great Outdoors, which is just like on Viking.  👍

Sherri

2 hours ago, albertamom said:

Hi Linn!

I'm actually taking our daughter on a last minute Bliss cruise, so popped over to this thread and said "Hey!  I know her!" 😀

We LOVE the waterfront outdoor seating at the restaurants, even if it is a little chilly or windy out there.  If they're allowing seating out there, that's where you'll find us!  During the day, when the specialty restaurants aren't open, you can still sit there.  There are lots of "comfy" chairs and couches on the Waterfront, too.

The thing we miss most on the large ships, is the outdoor buffet seating.  The smaller ships (Gem, Jewel, etc.) have The Great Outdoors, which is just like on Viking.  👍

Sherri

Hi Sherri, hope you are travel home safely.

Are you coming to LA again? We are going to be March 13 on the Bliss. Thanks for the answer, appreciate it. 

4 hours ago, worktocruise610 said:

Specialty restaurants on the waterfront (Cagneys, La Cucina, etc.) have outdoor seats. Loved sitting out there when weather was nice, so relaxing. Enjoy!

Thank you for your response. I appreciate it.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, LinnieRed said:

Hi Sherri, hope you are travel home safely.

Are you coming to LA again? We are going to be March 13 on the Bliss. Thanks for the answer, appreciate it. 

We're doing the Bliss on Feb. 27, a mother-daughter trip.  🥰

Let me know if you have any more questions about the ship.  I'll investigate.  It'll be the first time I've been on the Bliss.  sdmickeymouse@gmail.com

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, albertamom said:

Let me know if you have any more questions about the ship.  I'll investigate.  It'll be the first time I've been on the Bliss.  sdmickeymouse@gmail.com

You should jump on the roll call

1 hour ago, albertamom said:

Have a great cruise!  Magical being back at sea again. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LinnieRed said:

Do any of the restaurants on the Bliss offer outdoor dining? We like to take advantage of the fresh air and good weather as often as possible

thanks,

Linnie

Take good care of Bliss! I'll be sailing on her for the third time in April.

If you'd like a more informal experience, visit the Garden Cafe on 16 and then head outside. The area between the buffet and pool deck is an outdoor dining space. The port side is more convenient as there's a beverage station and the Surf Bar right outside the door from the buffet entrance. The area has overhead heating so heck, it's fine for evenings (and Alaska). You get the fresh air and sea views without the sea winds that can invade a Waterfront dinner.

• Like 3