Specialty dining all booked 2 months before cruise?

micmacmissy

We just booked Apex for April and I was so excited to log into my cruise planner to get some good specialty dinners.

There is nothing available before 9pm - even on the 1st day of the cruise!  Do you think they hold some reservations for onboard bookings?  Will our Retreat host be able to get us a reservation?

We are booked in a suite guarantee...I guess if worse comes to worst it wouldn't be terrible to eat in Luminae or MDR, but I was kinda excited about Fine Cut and Eden.

Thoughts???

You will most likely be able to get reservations once onboard.  As soon as you embark go to any specialty restaurant.  They should be able to make reservations for you at any restaurant.   You may need to be flexible about your time but certainly should find something earlier than 9 pm.    No available reservations online two months prior to sailing  is typical but reservations are available.  

Edited by NCHPcruiser
  • Thanks 1

We are on the Apex in April and booked Eden back  early December.

Yes they do hold some times back as high as end Suites have included specialty dining so they need to accommodate those who want to book.  

I suggest as soon as you board you go to one of the restaurants and see what is available, being flexible with day and time will help.  Our 1st time on the Edge we booked a 3 night dining package.  When we boarded there was nothing available for Fine Cut  before 9:30 same for Eden so we cancelled all h package.  

I always book my specialty dining individually so I can immediately pick a time. Did for Murano on Reflection on the 3/26 sailing and Eden and Fine cut on Beyond on 8/8 sailing. Had no problem on the Edge two years ago for same 2 restaurants. When I waited to be on board my first time 5 years ago all the reasonable times were gone.

• Like 1

Thank you!  That's helpful.  I was trying to book individual restaurants so I could pick a time on the spot - but that won't work with the times available.  I can wait until we board.

Usually we do a dining package, but we've never had access to Luminae before.  So I'm not sure if we will get tired of it and want to go elsewhere!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Magic 8 Ball says ask on board

Remember  last week , a few times,  when " someone" posted how the " system " ( $$ ) works ?

Remember said " someone " getting verbally scolded for his " approach " by several @^%*^  on CC ?

Remember what we/ you learned in Marketing 101 ???

" It's all part of doing business " .

14 hours ago, micmacmissy said:

Do you think they hold some reservations for onboard bookings? 

LOL--- That's a " good one " .

Of course--- for those who know how to say " Thank you ( $$ )"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pinboy said:

Remember  last week , a few times,  when " someone" posted how the " system " ( $$ ) works ?

Remember said " someone " getting verbally scolded for his " approach " by several @^%*^  on CC ?

Ye$ I remember "that" po$ter well, Pinboy!  $ome folks ju$t don't like to heed good advice.

Edited by LGW59
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Pinboy said:

Ohhhh!  That makes sense!  I was wondering why the first responses were so coy.

Understood.  I will bring a few extra friends named Benjamin.  😉

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, micmacmissy said:

Do you think they hold some reservations for onboard bookings? 

I’m pretty sure I was told by a Maitre D’ they only take reservations for  about 50% of the available tables prior to the sailing so I suggest you make your dining reservations as soon as you board. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

I’m pretty sure I was told by a Maitre D’ they only take reservations for  about 50% of the available tables prior to the sailing so I suggest you make your dining reservations as soon as you board. 

Agree- 

Also, As was mentioned last week by “ someone “,—

When the Maitre’d tells you that the restaurant is all booked at the day/ time you want , give him/ her your cabin number, and tell him/ her you know how to say “ Thank You ( $$ ) “ .

99.9% of the time you will receive a message that there was a cancellation and they will be able to accommodate your request.

And, it’s NOT a bribe as some %\€^ on CC  

called it .

• Like 1

20 hours ago, micmacmissy said:

We just booked Apex for April and I was so excited to log into my cruise planner to get some good specialty dinners.

There is nothing available before 9pm - even on the 1st day of the cruise!  Do you think they hold some reservations for onboard bookings?  Will our Retreat host be able to get us a reservation?

We are booked in a suite guarantee...I guess if worse comes to worst it wouldn't be terrible to eat in Luminae or MDR, but I was kinda excited about Fine Cut and Eden.

Thoughts???

Did you call the number that is on the app for reservations? We couldn't book reservations and there was an 800 number to call. We did wait online for almost 2 hours but were able to schedule several specialty restaurants and our regular dining as well.  We were not able to get Fine Cut but will try when we board. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Pinboy said:

When the Maitre’d tells you that the restaurant is all booked at the day/ time you want , give him/ her your cabin number, and tell him/ her you know how to say “ Thank You ( $$ ) “ .

99.9% of the time you will receive a message that there was a cancellation and they will be able to accommodate your request.

And, it’s NOT a bribe as some %\€^ on CC  

If, in fact, they are holding back a few tables to make available to a few select guests, it's quite possible to be super friendly, understanding, nice, and express verbal appreciation for anything the Maitre D' can possibly do to accommodate your request without dangling a gratuity in front of them.  Afterwards, I'm sure a good gratuity to express appreciation and thanks would be gratefully accepted and the process is a lot classier. 

17 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

If, in fact, they are holding back a few tables to make available to a few select guests, it's quite possible to be super friendly, understanding, nice, and express verbal appreciation for anything the Maitre D' can possibly do to accommodate your request without dangling a gratuity in front of them.  Afterwards, I'm sure a good gratuity to express appreciation and thanks would be gratefully accepted and the process is a lot classier. 

Exactly correct--- Great answer !!

Re: " I know how to say Thank You "  expression.

I would never say exactly those words to any Maitre'd ----- ( How low class can you get )

Its " inferred " and followed up ( $$ ) by doing what you express.

"super friendly, understanding, nice, and express verbal appreciation for anything the Maitre D' can possibly do to accommodate your request "

• Like 1