Early saver price reduction denied

amyh13

6 hours ago, Ellaleah said:

Several years ago I had ES and changed to a resident rate.  Later I was told that once I switched to the resident rate, I could not change again.

nonsense. Once you book ES you are always ES and you follow the rules of the ES bookings with price changes allowed up until the day before sailing.

I have noticed that every time I submit a price protection form, it gets denied, but when I call and speak to a representative, I have had no issues getting it approved.  The form is always a standard email with no reason for the denial.  The wait times to speak to someone on Carnival is ridiculous, but I'm willing to do it to save money.

On 2/16/2022 at 2:37 PM, amyh13 said:

I would normally call Carnival for a price reduction but the hold times are insane.  I filled out the online form.  Denied.

I have an Early Saver Fare but I am after final payment.  Exact same room category (in fact the room next door) is $30 cheaper under a resident rate.  

I realize I sound cheap but hey if the shoe fits.  

I am of the opinion if you can put a down payment down on a bucket of beers with it, it's worth getting the OBC.

• Like 3

On 2/18/2022 at 11:46 PM, Illbcruzn4life said:

nonsense. Once you book ES you are always ES and you follow the rules of the ES bookings with price changes allowed up until the day before sailing.

The difference in that scenario, is the person is not sticking with the terms of ES.  Resident rates don't et you choose your cabin, so that would be why they take away the ES after that adjustment.

16 hours ago, vwrestler171 said:

The difference in that scenario, is the person is not sticking with the terms of ES.  Resident rates don't et you choose your cabin, so that would be why they take away the ES after that adjustment.

I"m booked under a resident rate promo and was able to choose by cabin.

On 2/19/2022 at 1:46 AM, Illbcruzn4life said:

I just looked at my confirmation.  I got a price reduction (after final payment) based on a Resident Rate and now my small print says "Resident Rate" whereas it said "Early Saver" before.  

17 minutes ago, vwrestler171 said:

Thats not normal.  It is very rare to have a resident rate that allows you to choose your cabin.  At lease Pre-COVID it was rare, it may be more common now.

I was able to not only choose a cabin, but get a 1A cabin with no single supplement. Until a travel agent came up with an even better rate!