2-17-22 Thursday Weigh-In

Izena

Has Belle returned to the Sea. As much as she cruises she must be part Mermaid!!!  I hope she is okay. 
Did everyone behave during  Sundays game (I didn’t watch)

I’ve remained at the low end of my weight range - no gain in 2 weeks.    I did try and behave on the cruise - it was an active cruise.  For me I ate a lot but the stairs and swimming in cold water must have burned off the extra calories.

scheduled my taxes for tomorrow

Hi Izena!! I did not behave during the game but still lost an inch. Too far to go and only 66 days until I cruise. But I never gain on a cruise (stairs).

Should be able to download 1099s tomorrow so will do my taxes then. Hope I don't owe as I'm burning through my savings on the house

I have my taxes done and sent in!!!  I actually have a refund this year ... will all go toward cruising.  Two years ago I stopped doing taxes for others and now I only do my kids, and a few friends.  I am a retired accountant and I miss doing taxes, but find that I'm not retaining information as well as I did in the past.

I believe I am up this week - everything I lost and more from last week is back, but haven't done really well on eating so it is to be expected.  I'm up 3.2#, but I think some might be water weight - I will weigh myself tomorrow and see what it is.  Today is my oldest grandson's 12th birthday - and we are going out to dinner, so not sure how well I will be eating tonight.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day/week.  I have 44 days until my next cruise.  Jan

Sorry, still here but forgot to post. Don't leave till next Friday the 25th. Not a mermaid yet!

Down 1/2 a pound. Was more before our "Christmas" Tuesday and leftovers yesterday.

No one's fault but my own.  Having my taxes done now--by my son. He's good at that.

Watched the Super Bowl Game but only ate popcorn.

Izena--Doing good, lower end of weight and not gaining on cruise. When is your next cruise?

Is it going to be more of a relaxing one this time?  Your last one sounded fun but busy

with all that you did.

Ombud--Congrats on an inch loss and not gaining on cruising.  From last week's question,

yes, I've cruised Hawaii from San Francisco and Los Angeles. Mostly do insides, as you know

solos pay double. But have sailed in all the different cabins by luck and free cabins.

Know it cost more but is 15 days instead of 7. If you sail out of SF you don't have air fare which

helps.

Jan--Sorry you have a gain and hope most is water weight. Bet your family is happy you can do 

their taxes. Sorry you miss doing them as your job but do you miss how busy you were at this time

of the year? Have fun at the birthday dinner.

Everyone have a good day and weekend.   Starting to get every ready for the cruise now.

My hard part is deciding what clothes to take. Always take to much. Have to share closet

with daughter on the 2nd cruise. She needs room because she will take to much too.😄          

• Like 1

Wow Belle!! Wish I could get back onboard soon but have to wait until 4/23. No one to watch Koda. And this'll be my 1st time going from SF. Just Barting over & handing Koda off to S unless he comes here / gets me / picks up Koda. 

So I just have to settle on blowing through $$s here. I refinished cupboards but getting new cooktop. Was supposed to be Tuesday but they didn't show. Now it's 3/2. Plus I put in bamboo floors, removed termite & water damage. The loveseat mistakenly went to the dump. Still have sofa & 2 tables in that room (15×20). But looking for a sofa if I get a tax refund. 

Jan, 👍 on cruise in 44 days. Plenty of time to get back on track. 

43 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Wow Belle!! Wish I could get back onboard soon but have to wait until 4/23. No one to watch Koda. And this'll be my 1st time going from SF. Just Barting over & handing Koda off to S unless he comes here / gets me / picks up Koda. 

So I just have to settle on blowing through $$s here. I refinished cupboards but getting new cooktop. Was supposed to be Tuesday but they didn't show. Now it's 3/2. Plus I put in bamboo floors, removed termite & water damage. The loveseat mistakenly went to the dump. Still have sofa & 2 tables in that room (15×20). But looking for a sofa if I get a tax refund. 

Jan, 👍 on cruise in 44 days. Plenty of time to get back on track. 

The other reason I can't go now is that my 16yo granddaughter is living with me. She can't live with my daughter and her step-dad because he's loud and scares her. Not violent but volume up. She can't live with her dad because he's antivax and required her to not interact with other kids. She was doing well in homeschooling but so lonely she shutdown.  So she's here, fully vaxed now (7 shots), charter school with small classes, and on the basketball team. Her brother will be back from touring (he says) in time to stay with her. A 21 yo and a 16 yo in my house alone .... but that's legal and hoping dtr stays here too (works 6 days a week leaves at 4am gets back at 2pm)

Edited by Ombud

Ombud you got a lot going on. Fixing house and having family staying with you.

When I come back from these cruises, I have to start looking and doing fixes to

my house. Takes time and money for sure. Plus, hate moving things around or

packing things up. Need new floors in kitchen and family room. To much stuff in

rooms. Plus have to find floors I want first.

Your 1st cruise out of SF when you live close, surprise you haven't gone before.

Is it a cruise to Alaska? When cruising out of port be on the left side, port side and

you will see the skyline and waterfront area as you sail and then will go under the bridge.

Beautiful sight.

26 minutes ago, Belle said:

find floors I want first.

That took 2 years and the pandemic LOL.

No it's Pacific Northwest Cruise to Astoria (no idea whats there) - Seattle - Vancouver - Victoria. Might not get off at all ports

Sounds like a lots of home improvement going on.  Expect lots of delays getting supplies etc.   Ombud wow you have your hands full.  16 year olds are a handful of hormones. Glad you have back in school — teenagers need socializing.    

I have a  trip to florida early March.  March 14 have scheduled a tummy tuck (don’t want to see ugly abdomen for rest of my life  —which I hope is longer than 10 years) My next cruise is more relaxing is in June which gives me 3 months to recover.    

so glad I have “dog park friends” who help with Jazzper otherwise I would be restricted on number of trips.

Ombud and Izena Good Afternoon. Hope your having a good day.

Ombud I've done that cruise a few times. There are things to see and do in town

Big thing was a fish factory for Bumble Bee Tuna, no more and lumber.

Walk up from ship there's a trolly that takes you to town or the beginning (don't remember)

also, up from ship big sidewalk along the water, with places to eat. Think goes all the way into town.

Not sure, last time I just walked some and stopped for lunch and a drink. Toured the town years ago. 

Loved Vancouver walking the sea wall as they call it. Buildings one side and ocean on other.

Nice pretty walk. Can walk all the way to Standly Park. The port is a busy place.

If not plans for Seattle, stay on ship. Port is far away if cruising Princess. Victoria too short a

visit to me to do much. I have but to rushed. One cruise had the whole day and that was nice.

All I said was my opinion only.

Izena yes, I want a lot of things done it's just getting to it. I don't want too. Ombud was good and

followed thru. You're going to Florida and then coming back for tummy tuck? That is what we

all wish we could have. You can because you made your weight goal.

Yes, nice you have time to heal and then cruise in June.  It's nice you have friends to watch Jazzper

while you're gone.

Hope Jo is enjoying her cruises. Susan are you back from your cruises?

Thanks for the insight!!

I will definitely stay onboard if Seattle docks where I boarded in August. If it docks at Pier 66 then I can visit City Center

Vancouver: looking up: 

3 hours ago, Belle said:

walk all the way to Standly Park. 

And yes, Victoria is only 5 hours but just a mile to town. My concern is whether we go through customs there. That could take an hour. Ugh 

Meanwhile I found 2 chiffon tops in my closet. Hoping that with dark jeans without contrasting stitching is good enough for dressy night. I don't fit anything else

I’m getting confident in my old age.  I know it is a very easy task but inspiring for me to change the toilet handle which stopped working when I returned home.   

weather is crazy - Wednesday was 80 — Thursday Friday in 30’s and 40’s  today will be 70.  

it is great to have people to watch Jazzper but he is starting to get moody — stand off ish.   Then clingy, when  I return.  Last 2 nights he has slept under the bed — for 10 years he has slept on the bed on “his”  side.  This morning he stayed under the bed until he had to go outside.  Even saying park or treat didn’t make him move.

everyone stay safe and healthy

Koda has been moody since the underfloors (? Yknow. The boards on top of the frame) were torn up. Thursday my dtr came by while I was out. He hid & she thought i took him. But I didn't. I was at the dentist for those last 2 crowns. I have bad teeth but at least I still have them all

Edited by Ombud

Good morning

Izena and Ombud hope your both having a good day.

Sorry you both are having dogs who are acting different than usual. Hope

they get back to their old self's soon for their and your peace of minds.

Trying to get ready for the cruise. Ironing (yes still iron) getting stuff together.

Why is it we think we have all the time to get ready and then "boom" the time

is here so fast! Have to go out one day and do some errands one is the bank, was

going Monday, no it's a holiday.

Did you see that Princess is letting you not wear masks in some places on the ship.

a Big Surprise to me that they did that. They still want you wearing them but won't enforce.

Starts March 1st. I'm wearing mine, too soon especially they say a new strain out there

See what happens. Still testing many times for Panama cruises.

Jan and Jo hope your both fine. too.

Take care

Belle have a great cruise.   My mother taught us iron ( I think to keep us busy). Even ironed pillow cases luckily not sheets or bras.   

I noticed a news article that stated some cruises a letting up  on masks.  
The small cruise I was on required the vaccines, booster 3 day pre test and masks.  I frequently had to  go back to my room - as soon as I saw anyone it reminded me to wear a mask — with 29 passengers and 28 crew they weren’t being the mask police.   

Jazzper is more like normal today.   Been to the park and did some light yard work. 

Izena glad Jazzper seem normal today maybe just had an off day.

I only iron clothes, Nothing else. I know some people iron everything. Iron clothes

when packed seem to have less wrinkles when I unpack.

My cruise still needs tests, in fact extra ones. Will see what happens, wearing my mask.

I leave Friday, will have interne, it will try to come on some times.

see you later, daughter coming over.  Take care.

Belle, where are you off to this time where you need extra tests?? Hope we can move back to testing 3 days before boarding.  It was hard 2 days before when I flew out for a cruise as I like to stay in the city a while beforehand. A few days at least. And yes. Masks optional in some places beginning March 1st. Not required in others

Izena, which line?? Sound like uncruise or windjammer

Koda's better around me but still sniffs the floor like he's unsure of it. 

I don't iron. Never did. My sister insisted that I register for it when I got married. So I did & gave it to her. 

Trying to stay away from ice cream. And I'm rediscovering that I like plain water as long as it's super cold.

Good afternoon to our small little group.

Did everyone have a good Monday.  Was a holiday but think everyone has the day

off already. (Every day is a day off) but work enough at home.

Guess what I did yesterday, booked cruises to Alaska for July. Had one booked 

already but booked two more. Had a deal I couldn't refuse and also got it on the

one I had booked before.

Hope your enjoying your day.

Edited by Belle

Isn't it wonderful to book cruises!!  I have an Alaska b2b in August - have never been to Alaska and it is on DH's bucket list - looking forward to it!  (have 4 cruises this year - and 2 next year - so far).

Had a quiet day yesterday - did taxes for the kids, so that was fun!.

Hope everyone has a good week.  Jan

Jan you'll love Alaska, It's Beautiful. You'll want to book another one some day

after you've gone once. Love the trees, waterfalls and glaciers. Good thing going now,

glaciers are melting getting smaller and smaller. Love Skagway, the smaller towns.

• Like 1

Hi all!

I got back from my cruises last night at 11 so will see on Thursday what the damage is weightwise.

I had a really good time & am glad I went even with the mask wearing & Covid testing required. I also got randomly selected at the airport to do another home test so did that today. Hope it's negative too.

Jan ~ I've done 2 Alaska cruises, one from San Francisco, the other from Seattle & loved them both, the scenery is amazing. I didn't think I'd like them with me living in a cold place, but I did.

Have a nice evening & stay safe.

See you on Thursday.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Welcome back Jo!! 

I was stress eating bc of my nephew's health issue. Surgery yesterday with clear margins.  Whew!!

I had dropped out of a roll call (2 reasons [1] wedding [2] someone getting hostile in emails to me and I just couldn't deal with it). So wedding moved up 2 months last week (conflict removed). Grew a thicker skin. Problem is I regret dropping out now. Has anyone rejoined a roll call? How did it go? Weird?? 

Glad everyone is good.  Have TA  working on an UNCRUISE  San Juan Islands out of Seattle for next spring - hoping she can get it arranged the boat only holds 22 passengers and one solo cabin.    

im doing an American Cruise Line out of Boston in June  and hoping to book one of their new ships (with Kayaks) for summer 2023 Chesapeake Bay.   

Walking every day and watching calories - have to constantly tell myself  I don’t need a snack because I’m not hungry.  Part of the problem is as I’ve aged my sense of taste has declined  (except sweets)  and I’m really never hungry nor do I ever feel full.