Latitude Dining voucher question

Married90

I am sure this has been answered before but I have not found it.   We are Sapphire level and receive the 2 Latitude dining vouchers per cruise.   They say the vouchers are be "cabin".   If we were to have our two kids with us staying in the same cabin could we (guest 1&2) use our dining package meals and have them dine with us using our Latitude vouchers?   Guests 3&4 do not get the promotional meal plan .  I would gladly give up our two vouchers to have them joins us as we use our two meal plan nights.    Thanks in advance for the info.  

3 hours ago, Married90 said:

I am sure this has been answered before but I have not found it.   We are Sapphire level and receive the 2 Latitude dining vouchers per cruise.   They say the vouchers are be "cabin".   If we were to have our two kids with us staying in the same cabin could we (guest 1&2) use our dining package meals and have them dine with us using our Latitude vouchers?   Guests 3&4 do not get the promotional meal plan .  I would gladly give up our two vouchers to have them joins us as we use our two meal plan nights.    Thanks in advance for the info.  

How old are the kids? The speciality restaurants also have a special kids menu.

The vouchers don’t have names on them, but the staff will know who has the status, so who they were given to.

The transferability of the latitudes vouchers is a bit of a grey area. You aren’t supposed to just give then away to someone, but both diners don’t have to use it. For example, we sail with our son and on a few occasions we have allocated the voucher to one of the adults plus our son. There is certainly no problem if one of the people using the voucher is sapphire and the other not. However, in your case neither of the sapphires will be using it, which I believe is technically not allowed.

I suspect that you would be ok, but it will depend on the person serving you, so you run the risk of being refused and then potentially having to pay a la carte. I don’t think you will be able to get a definitive answer in advance.

3 hours ago, stefmaia said:

Make one of the kids guest #2. That way they are entitled to the meal package. So one adult one child is package and one adult one child is voucher.

That could impact the beverage package if the current guest 2 intends to use the package and if the perk only gives it to guests 1 and 2. I think that maybe it has been offered to all guests lately in the US, but the OP may not be booked under that offer.

• Like 1

Our kids ate from the kid's menu when we ate in the specialty restaurants on the Breakaway a few years ago.  When we went to the Brazilian BBQ place I let them pick some stuff off of the appetizer buffet to snack on before their meals arrived.

9 hours ago, stefmaia said:

Make one of the kids guest #2. That way they are entitled to the meal package. So one adult one child is package and one adult one child is voucher.

THANKS.  This I like.   This could work.   as it may just be 3 of us now.   Son may not be able to go due to work .

5 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

That could impact the beverage package if the current guest 2 intends to use the package and if the perk only gives it to guests 1 and 2. I think that maybe it has been offered to all guests lately in the US, but the OP may not be booked under that offer.

NCL, Mandates EVERONE in the cabin be on a beverage package if guests 1 and 2 are,  no exceptions. but the price of the plan (less gratuities) is included.  This actaully works out well as there is no extra cost (other then the $19.95 a day for my 23yr old son).  Meal plan is guest 1 and 2 ONLY.  

53 minutes ago, Redsky5292 said:

Our kids ate from the kid's menu when we ate in the specialty restaurants on the Breakaway a few years ago.  When we went to the Brazilian BBQ place I let them pick some stuff off of the appetizer buffet to snack on before their meals arrived.

So don't tell everyone, but our last Breakaway cruise The Waiter came over and we told him our 12 year old didn't eat much and she would order off the kids menu. He said don't worry about it she could eat anything she wanted.

She doesn't eat much, but he got a very nice tip!

6 hours ago, Married90 said:

NCL, Mandates EVERONE in the cabin be on a beverage package if guests 1 and 2 are,  no exceptions. but the price of the plan (less gratuities) is included.  This actaully works out well as there is no extra cost (other then the $19.95 a day for my 23yr old son).  Meal plan is guest 1 and 2 ONLY.  

Yes that’s what I thought was being offered now, or recently. I mentioned it because that isn’t the usual offer for free at sea and you (or someone reading this at another time) may not have booked under those conditions. Changing a child to guest 2 may prove very expensive under different circumstances.

3 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

Yes that’s what I thought was being offered now, or recently. I mentioned it because that isn’t the usual offer for free at sea and you (or someone reading this at another time) may not have booked under those conditions. Changing a child to guest 2 may prove very expensive under different circumstances.

My Daughter is 20 so she would be required to get a soda plan (as a free-be in the package) but we would have to pay the $1.59/day gratitudes.  

3 hours ago, Married90 said:

My Daughter is 20 so she would be required to get a soda plan (as a free-be in the package) but we would have to pay the $1.59/day gratitudes.  

Yes, I get that. I don’t think I’m making myself very clear.

Under normal circumstances, just guests 1 and 2 get the dining and beverage package, and guest 3 gets nothing. The advice you were given to move you daughter to guest 2 so that she gets the dining package would be a big mistake under those circumstances (assuming both adults are drinkers) as it would mean that the existing  guest 2 loses their beverage package and is replaces by your daughter getting the soda package. You would then have to pay full price for the adults beverage package or pay for the drinks a la carte - both potentially very expensive.

I understand that this isn’t the case for you as everyone has the beverage package, but at the time I originally posted we didn’t know your specific circumstances so I thought it was worth the warning.

On 2/17/2022 at 10:32 PM, complawyer said:

i believe so, but the cost for the 2 meal plan is minimal, so you may just want to add that onto your total tab, or pre order prior to sailing

This.  Anyone not getting the Latitudes Rewards meals should get a 2 meal package.  Problem solved and it will be cheaper than purchasing ala carte.