Mardi Gras Eastern Itinerary Changes Again

2 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I thought I hadn't received the email, but I found it in my junk mail folder.  I didn't expect anything from Carnival to go to that folder since everything else from Carnival arrives in my in box. 

All 3 of us went thru everything.  Just never got it. 

• Like 1

I just got the email for my 7/16 cruise about an hour ago. Again, not going to stress about it at this point and just hope that another change comes down the pipe at some point. Though my husband will be disappointed on missing San Juan as he was already mapping out dive bars he wanted to visit.

19 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Any "eastern" sailing which does not include either St. Thomas or St. Maarten (preferably) does not constitute "eastern" in my book. I disliked the eastern itinerary we had on the Mardi Gras in November.

Oh well !!!

Tom

100% agree with that.  What's posted is very similar to a Horizon 6 day.  And those are darn cheap these days.  No way I'd want to pay 'new ship' pricing with that itinerary, not that a person currently locked in has much of a choice.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, cruisemom2 said:

Actually that's not quite the whole story - a lot of people are misreading the email thinking it's only for the 2/26 cruise.  The email said those who pre-purchased shore tours for San Juan would have that amount refunded back to them on their Sail & Sign account and would be refunded back to the original form of payment for the remaining sail dates.  People are skimming over the letter and somehow thinking the itinerary change is only for the 2/26 cruise.  I admit I did the same when I first read it.  There is a page 2 to the letter with our name, booking number and sail date.

Itinerary Change - Nassau for San Juan page 1.pdf 296.2 kB · 8 downloads

Yeah a couple of hours after i posted this i went onto my cruise planner and Nassau replaced San Juan. We are super bummed like most but at this point it is what it is. We've been through so much with this nonsense that im sure we'll make the best of it.

• Like 1

We are on the 3/26 Mardi Gras sailing and it is still showing San Juan.  I am not able to find any information about a change.  Hopefully, I will get some sort of official notice soon as we have an independent tour booked that I would need to cancel.  

20 hours ago, keels81 said:

I just got the email for my 7/16 cruise about an hour ago. Again, not going to stress about it at this point and just hope that another change comes down the pipe at some point. Though my husband will be disappointed on missing San Juan as he was already mapping out dive bars he wanted to visit.

We just docked after 20 days on Royal, Anthem of the Seas. Our itinerary changed several times. These days it's go with the flow.

• Like 1

We are on the Mardi Gras for the 2/26 and look forward to the cruise regardless of the ports - we knew this going into the cruise.

Covid can change many things and none of this 100%.  Theya can all change up to the last minute.

Carnival had been accepting changes and flipping cruises for those families that chose to do so.

My suggestion is you call Carnival and rebook.

If you want to go to San Juan so bad, Southwest has cheap flights as others!

• Like 1

Someone asked John Heald the dates for the itinerary change. He answered: 

It is only for the following cruises. MARDI GRAS
02/26/2022, 03/12/2022, 04/09/2022, 05/07/2022, 05/21/2022, 06/11/2022, 07/02/2022, 07/16/2022, 08/06/2022, 08/27/2022, 09/10/2022, 10/01/2022, 10/22/2022, 11/05/2022, 11/26/2022, 12/17/2022.

On 2/20/2022 at 9:31 PM, cruises42 said:

Someone asked John Heald the dates for the itinerary change. He answered: 

It is only for the following cruises. MARDI GRAS
02/26/2022, 03/12/2022, 04/09/2022, 05/07/2022, 05/21/2022, 06/11/2022, 07/02/2022, 07/16/2022, 08/06/2022, 08/27/2022, 09/10/2022, 10/01/2022, 10/22/2022, 11/05/2022, 11/26/2022, 12/17/2022.

We just got the form letter (only mentioning the 2/26 sailing) about the change and we are on the 3/26 sailing.  When I login to my account, it still lists San Juan and not Nassau.  I am assuming that either the letter was sent mistakenly or that the website will take a few days to catch up.  I guess time will tell.

22 minutes ago, creativegenius said:

According to Carnival Social Media, the March 26 sailing that we will be on is still planned for San Juan. The website still has San Juan showing as well as still booking port excursions. 

carnival.JPG

Same for us on our 4/23 sailing. 😎

• Like 2

13 hours ago, rebeccac said:

We just got the form letter (only mentioning the 2/26 sailing) about the change and we are on the 3/26 sailing.  When I login to my account, it still lists San Juan and not Nassau.  I am assuming that either the letter was sent mistakenly or that the website will take a few days to catch up.  I guess time will tell.

That is what John Heald wrote. I would have thought he would know for sure, but apparently, he was wrong.

2 hours ago, noleguy84 said:

I’ve read they are skipping San Juan because of the 2 day Covid testing requirement still in place for travelers…but if that is the case why are some sailings still going while others are not? Obviously there is more to this 🧐

That policy is no longer in place. I was in PR last week on Royal docked next to the Mardi Gras.

On 2/18/2022 at 8:50 PM, calgaryhhr said:

I agree. I just received the email for our August cruise and I am really disappointed to the point where I almost don't even feel like going on the cruise. I hate Nassau and have never been to PR and was really looking forward to it. Amber Cove is not very intriguing either so this itinerary is really weak now.

It's a mistake to only cruise for ports.  If ports were the top priority, then cruise the southern route.  If you don't feel like going on the jewel of the Carnival line because of a changed port, then cancel.  The Mardi Gras is a game changer for the line.  I know from first hand experience being on her for 14 days from February 5-19.  

On 2/18/2022 at 6:44 PM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Any "eastern" sailing which does not include either St. Thomas or St. Maarten (preferably) does not constitute "eastern" in my book. I disliked the eastern itinerary we had on the Mardi Gras in November.

Oh well !!!

Tom

Can’t really go to them currently as they are not very Cruise friendly

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Caps_Shield said:

I heard that Carnival and Royal are flip flopping weeks at San Juan.  We go in June and San Juan is still on but have sailings around us that were switched.  I guess it is so that there isn't too many mega sized ships in port at once?  

That is exactly what I was thinking: San Juan can't handle more than one Mardi Gras size ship at any one time right now, for whatever reason, so the two lines with "big ships" have agreed to play "tag-team" for the dock.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/18/2022 at 6:44 PM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Oh well !!!

Tom

It is mis-leading, but that's how they define it for cruises in the Caribbean basin:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caribbean_Basin

If just Bahamian ports, it is a "Bahamas" cruise.

Else-If going to one or more ABCs: Southern Caribbean

Else-If going west of Florida: Western Caribbean

Else-If going east of Florida: Eastern Caribbean

Else: not a Caribbean cruise

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Caps_Shield said:

I heard that Carnival and Royal are flip flopping weeks at San Juan.  We go in June and San Juan is still on but have sailings around us that were switched.  I guess it is so that there isn't too many mega sized ships in port at once?  

This sounds like the most logical reason given. Sounds like we drew the short straw. My daughters were looking forward to San Juan for the first time but I guess we’ll just have to find a nice resort in Nassau or make it another sea day.