Starting 3/1 Vaccinated (+Boosted if elig) Guests can test 3 days prior

Wanna_Cruize

36 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Could be.  I will be in Orlando prior to my cruise without a car.  Most places I found were "drive up" , not knowing which were reputable, horror stories of last minute cancellations, no testing supplies and the fear of a false positive.  That's alot of unknown.

We are always in this situation and we have tested at CVS because they have clinics for testing inside at many Orlando sites. You can check by site during registration, and you’ll see some sites have “vehicle not necessary” noted which indicates testing inside the clinic. 5308 W IRLO BRONSON MEMORIAL HWY,KISSIMMEE,FL 34746 Is the site we use, and we just take Lyft there. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Umwakichwa said:

We are always in this situation and we have tested at CVS because they have clinics for testing inside at many Orlando sites. You can check by site during registration, and you’ll see some sites have “vehicle not necessary” noted which indicates testing inside the clinic. 5308 W IRLO BRONSON MEMORIAL HWY,KISSIMMEE,FL 34746 Is the site we use, and we just take Lyft there. 

I went with AdventHealth at MCO but thank you.  I will note it for next trip

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

I did notice that this new 3-day rule is for passengers who are "up to date on their vaccinations" which they clarify means that they "have received a booster, if eligible."

This is the important part - only those with boosters will be able to test 3 days out.  We are coming down from the Canada the day before, need to test 24 hours out before our flight, so even if we didn't have our boosters we'd be testing 48 hours before the cruise.

Edited by WorkerBee74

21 hours ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

The specific example on Carnival's website have been there forever and are for the vaccinated but non-boosted. If Saturday departure, you can test Thu or Fri (or even Sat if you can be sure to get the results in time) Two days before your departure day.

However, now that Carnival added the new paragraph about having 3 days prior if you are boosted, it muddied the waters with the explanation, they should have added the new ability for 3 days prior if boosted AFTER the example. 

Yep, that's how I'm reading it too.  We wanted to be boosted for sure before our cruise because this can all change at a moment's notice - if anything changes closer to two weeks prior and you're not boosted, you're in trouble.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WorkerBee74 said:

Yep, that's how I'm reading it too.  We wanted to be boosted for sure before our cruise because this can all change at a moment's notice - if anything changes closer to two weeks prior and you're not boosted, you're in trouble.

That is exactly why I got boosted.  We have a chance to cruise on the Mardi Gras for $19 per person  (plus taxes, gratuities, port fees).  Carnival makes it clear that if the CDC changes fully vaccinated to included boosted, they will too.   That change can happen any day or it may never happen.  I am not one to leave the ability to cruise up to chance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TNcruising02 said:

That is exactly why I got boosted.  We have a chance to cruise on the Mardi Gras for $19 per person  (plus taxes, gratuities, port fees).  Carnival makes it clear that if the CDC changes fully vaccinated to included boosted, they will too.   That change can happen any day or it may never happen.  I am not one to leave the ability to cruise up to chance.

Wow - that's a great deal!  We have to fly down (from Canada) so not taking any chances, would be different if we lived near a port city.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, WorkerBee74 said:

This is the important part - only those with boosters will be able to test 3 days out.  We are coming down from the Canada the day before, need to test 24 hours out before our flight, so even if we didn't have our boosters we'd be testing 48 hours before the cruise.

Meaning the most current number of booster...3rd   4th... 5th...

1 minute ago, Elaine5715 said:

Meaning the most current number of booster...3rd   4th... 5th...

True that, I cruise in 5 weeks so I'd hope we don't get to needing another and having to have it 2 weeks prior... I'd get it ASAP though if it was in time though!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, WorkerBee74 said:

This is the important part - only those with boosters will be able to test 3 days out.

Not necessarily. If you’ve recently become fully vaccinated and are not yet eligible for a booster, you are considered up to date and can test 3 days prior. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Not necessarily. If you’ve recently become fully vaccinated and are not yet eligible for a booster, you are considered up to date and can test 3 days prior. 

I thought all Americans were eligible?  Maybe some children aren't quite yet?

16 minutes ago, WorkerBee74 said:

I thought all Americans were eligible?  Maybe some children aren't quite yet?

If you received your second dose of Pfizer or Moderna less than 5 months ago, you are not eligible for a booster yet. Teenagers who were vaccinated with Moderna or J&J are not yet eligible for a booster. Those are just 2 examples off the top of my head. There are probably more. 

3 minutes ago, RichYak said:

If you received your second dose of Pfizer or Moderna less than 5 months ago, you are not eligible for a booster yet. Teenagers who were vaccinated with Moderna or J&J are not yet eligible for a booster. Those are just 2 examples off the top of my head. There are probably more. 

Ah - that makes sense.  I guess those who waited a bit longer to get vaccinated wouldn't be eligible.  I'm just used to the US delivering vaccines quicker than Canada the first time around, but a lot of people don't get them right away.  I got mine ASAP so been eligible since late Nov but couldn't get it until mid-December here.

Edited by WorkerBee74

1 minute ago, WorkerBee74 said:

Ah - that makes sense.  I guess those who waited a bit longer to get vaccinated wouldn't be eligible.  I'm just used to the US delivering vaccines quicker than Canada the first time around, but a lot of people don't get them right away.

I should add that what I wrote is true in the US. Every country has their own booster eligibility requirements. I don’t envy the cruise line check in staff determining if a negative test 3 days prior is permitted for certain individuals. 

• Like 2

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to Starting 3/1 Vaccinated (+Boosted if elig) Guests can test 3 days prior