Favorite Cocktails on Royal Caribbean

edeneyes

On 2/22/2022 at 6:29 PM, edeneyes said:

My husband lives Sazaracs but has never tried one on a cruise. Might be a good one to try.

I doubt that they have the proper bitters.  So I may get a small bottle and carry it with me.

I know that they will not have the absinthe to swirl on the glass, but one of the other anise flavor spirts will work.

13 hours ago, edeneyes said:

Here it is.  Hope you like it.
1/4 cup simple syrup (equal parts sugar and water boiled together until sugar melts

2 limes, juiced

12 fresh mint leaves, plus mint sprigs for garnish

4 ounces white rum

2 cups crushed ice

Combine simple syrup, lime juice and mint leaves in a blender and blend until combined. Add the rum and crushed ice and blend until frothy. Pour into 2 rocks glasses and garnish with mint sprigs.

How is it a LEMON drop, if it is made with LIMES????  😄

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, edeneyes said:

Here it is.  Hope you like it.
1/4 cup simple syrup (equal parts sugar and water boiled together until sugar melts

2 limes, juiced

12 fresh mint leaves, plus mint sprigs for garnish

4 ounces white rum

2 cups crushed ice

Combine simple syrup, lime juice and mint leaves in a blender and blend until combined. Add the rum and crushed ice and blend until frothy. Pour into 2 rocks glasses and garnish with mint sprigs.

Thank you for sharing your frozen mojito recipe. 

• Like 1

On 2/21/2022 at 10:24 AM, LouTheGlue said:

Royal Lemonade

John Collins

Caribbean Cooler

Ultimate Bloody Mary

Amaretto Sour (great after dinner drink)

Love the frozen drinks: Miami Vice, Mudslide, BBC, Pina Colada, Strawberry Daiquiri

What is a John Collins?

I am familiar with a Tom Collins, but prefer a vodka Collins.

I like sweet drinks but also ones with a kick. On my last RC cruise (Vision of the Seas in January 2020), my friend and I spent lots of time in the Schooner Bar playing trivia. I believe my drink of choice ended up being the Habanero & Grapefruit Daiquiri. I'm probably going to have to avoid that one, though, as I'm on medication that could increase risk of toxicity if combined with grapefruit. 😬

Edited by OhJinkies
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OhJinkies said:

I like sweet drinks but also ones with a kick. On my last RC cruise (Vision of the Seas in January 2020), my friend and I spent lots of time in the Schooner Bar playing trivia. I believe my drink of choice ended up being the Habanero & Grapefruit Daiquiri. I'm probably going to have to avoid that one, though, as I'm on medication that could increase risk of toxicity if combined with grapefruit. 😬

Was the habanero super spicy?  BTW, how did you like Vision?

I had a mango meltdown cocktail on  norweigan which was absolutely delicious. My last Royal Caribbean cruise I asked at the pool bar if they could make it... they didnt know what it was so I told them what was in it and that is was from norweigan... they made it up for me and it was delightful.. not exactly the same as on norweigan but nice all the same 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, geishagirl2 said:

Was the habanero super spicy?  BTW, how did you like Vision?

No, just a little heat! It was a nice mix of sweet and spicy.
The Vision is still a pretty ship, though a little worn here and there (we were in an oceanview room and there was rust on the window frame). But I liked the feeling of community on this smaller ship - a lot of events were held in the Atrium so we'd see the same people again and again. We formed a trivia team with other passengers that we met in the Schooner bar, so that was fun. The crew was great - I loved the staff who hosted the events. Overall, it was a very positive experience.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2022 at 6:00 PM, natefish95 said:

Not many people seem to know that you can get a Frozen Mojito. Really nice and refreshing! I also really like the Coco Loco. The bartenders in the champagne bar on Adventure also made a really good passionfruit martini, that others have not been able to replicate! 

Think I'll order one of each next week!

• 1 month later...