Has anyone used luggage forward...

Shippy

Just got my boarding passes today.

Inside the package was an ad for Luggage Forward to have your bag deliver to the ship & home if you want.

We live in California so would have to ship to Miami.

Normally, I would never consider doing this but now I have a knee problem.

Has anyone used this company or a different one before ???

your opinion please

thanks

Stay away from them unless you want your luggage to go to Central America.  That happened to me as well as others.  This was on a December cruise so it's fairly recent. Google luggage companies.  I used a company starting with SHIP and they were great.  I ended my cruise on 2/17 in Miami and got the luggage today.

We use Luggage Forward every time we cruise. It just makes life so much easier for us, especially now that it has become physically more difficult to manage heavy items. We have never had any issues, and in fact they have gone out of their way to help in a jam. We had shipped our luggage, California to Miami and then decided last minute to reschedule our cruise. They tracked down, intercepted, and returned our bag to us. We are using them again in April for the Mariner Canal cruise. I would recommend them based on our experiences.

• Like 1

We are looking at using them in July to ship from Southampton to the U.S.  We will be catching a train after the cruise so need the luggage picked up early from the pier.  Does anyone know how this works?  For example, is Luggage Forward generally on time when the ship arrives?  Need it in order to book train tickets.  Thanks.

These services ship your bags vis Fedex and they typically arrive a number of days before you do....because they get picked up from your home about 2 weeks prior to the date of the cruise. They will pick up your bags anytime after the ship arrives - just make sure you tell them at time of booking and get it in writing.

Edited by Pcardad
  • Like 1

On 2/22/2022 at 4:45 PM, Pcardad said:

These services ship your bags vis Fedex and they typically arrive a number of days before you do....because they get picked up from your home about 2 weeks prior to the date of the cruise. They will pick up your bags anytime after the ship arrives - just make sure you tell them at time of booking and get it in writing.

Are they pretty accurate as to the time they show for pickup?  

23 hours ago, Pcardad said:

At your home, yes. They give you a 1 hour window.

Thanks, but I'm concerned about at the port when the ship arrives in Southampton.  We will be catching a train and I need to purchase train tickets so I need to be sure I leave enough time.  

1 hour ago, papaflamingo said:

Thanks, but I'm concerned about at the port when the ship arrives in Southampton.  We will be catching a train and I need to purchase train tickets so I need to be sure I leave enough time.  

They will be there on time - just let them know what you need.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

Have taken trains in Europe in the past and all the ones I have taken or researched allowed you to purchase tickets in advance which will protect you should the train you want be full.  Simply allow enough time should you be delayed in disembarking or turning over your luggage and head directly to the correct track once you reach the station.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rallydave said:

Have taken trains in Europe in the past and all the ones I have taken or researched allowed you to purchase tickets in advance which will protect you should the train you want be full.  Simply allow enough time should you be delayed in disembarking or turning over your luggage and head directly to the correct track once you reach the station.

You can get rail tickets on line for trains in the UK.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2022 at 3:33 PM, rallydave said:

Thanks.. we plan to do that. Just wanted to make sure I left enough time for Luggage Forward to get my luggage at the port. 😎