MSC raised my fare $1800+ less than a month before sailing, told me to pay it??

mscdivina2016

Title says it all.

So I posted about MSC wanting to charge me an additional $1800+ about 10 days ago, but it seems every time MSC does something really stupid it gets deleted here.

So I am within 20 days and cannot get my tickets because of a balance owed. I paid this off last July and up until 2 weeks ago all was fine. Today I called and was suggested I pay it and they will work it out over the next couple weeks. 😅🤣😂

I can wait and it should be worked out before sailing as it was escalated??? 🤣

So to make matters worse, I also have a new cabin assigned directly under the sun deck instead of on deck 16.

What would you do? Pay it and hope it does not go wrong or wait?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Title says it all.

So I posted about MSC wanting to charge me an additional $1800+ about 10 days ago, but it seems every time MSC does something really stupid it gets deleted here.

So I am within 20 days and cannot get my tickets because of a balance owed. I paid this off last July and up until 2 weeks ago all was fine. Today I called and was suggested I pay it and they will work it out over the next couple weeks. 😅🤣😂

I can wait and it should be worked out before sailing as it was escalated??? 🤣

So to make matters worse, I also have a new cabin assigned directly under the sun deck instead of on deck 16.

What would you do? Pay it and hope it does not go wrong or wait?

My fare was raised three times after final payment ($798 last invoice🤪). After getting nowhere for three weeks with customer service and several emails, I sent a private message on Twitter and received an  immediate response. I snapshot my $0 balance receipt and original booking invoice. I begged in that message for a call. I received one about four hours later. It was resolved three days later. I have more time than you as my cruise is in April. MSC even sent a follow up message on Twitter to make sure  a rep called and then another if resolved. 
Yvette, the rep who called, said even though error was on their part, I wouldn’t have been allowed to board if balance was still remaining. 
I wish you luck. Even though my balance was half yours, i understand your frustration. Each time I got a new invoice, my husband said cancel and take the loss. I couldn’t do that to my boys. 

Edited by paceyswife
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, styles27 said:

No I would not give them another penny if you already paid for the cruise. 

Do you have an email from when you paid it in full showing a zero balance?

That's where I am coming from.

Actually the error is part 2 of an error.

I actually overpaid the original by $1000 last July and I have the original paperwork from 2020.

Yes I have the emails showing it's paid.

No one can explain why it's there. Even the cost of booking both cruises today ($5800) is actually cheaper than what I paid. But that does not account for the overpayment.

I should be at $5300, not $6300 and certainly not $8200+.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, paceyswife said:

My fare was raised three times after final payment ($798 last invoice🤪). After getting nowhere for three weeks with customer service and several emails, I sent a private message on Twitter and received an  immediate response. I snapshot my $0 balance receipt and original booking invoice. I begged in that message for a call. I received one about four hours later. It was resolved three days later. I have more time than you as my cruise is in April. MSC even sent a follow up message on Twitter to make sure  a rep called and then another if resolved. 
Yvette, the rep who called, said even though error was on their part, I wouldn’t have been allowed to board if balance was still remaining. 
I wish you luck. Even though my balance was half yours, i understand your frustration. Each time I got a new invoice, my husband said cancel and take the loss. I couldn’t do that to my boys. 

I would love a cash refund and not go at all.

I don't know how this would shake out???

So I fly there and stay in my hotel,then they deny me boarding for non payment?? 

I fly home so now I am out $2000 in airfare, $600 in hotel and $6300 in cruise fare to ultimately find out the error was theirs.

Do you have your invoices with $0 remaining balance? How far have you escalated inquiry? I reached out through social media when I couldn’t get anywhere with MSC’s channel of protocol (call and email). It was verbally resolved that night  with the final written confirmation three days later. 
The last three weeks was like banging my head on the wall with each email and phone call I made. In regards to being turned away at the port, I said to rep I would hate to get to port and be turned away because of a balance that was not mine. She agreed it was an MSC error but said they wouldn’t have let me board. I didn’t press further as it seemed I had some resolution. My only guess is that they don’t see  at port what she saw. 

Edited by paceyswife

2 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

That's where I am coming from.

Actually the error is part 2 of an error.

I actually overpaid the original by $1000 last July and I have the original paperwork from 2020.

Yes I have the emails showing it's paid.

No one can explain why it's there. Even the cost of booking both cruises today ($5800) is actually cheaper than what I paid. But that does not account for the overpayment.

I should be at $5300, not $6300 and certainly not $8200+.

You have proof it’s paid. Print it out and go to the port. It sounds like face to face with their reps at the port is the only way this will be resolved.

Not everyone prints out their docs before arriving at the ship. 

🤷🏻‍♀️

Edited by styles27
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, paceyswife said:

Do you have your invoices with $0 remaining balance? How far have you escalated inquiry? I reached out through social media when I couldn’t get anywhere with MSC’s channel of protocol (call and email). It was verbally resolved that night  with the final written confirmation three days later. 
The last three weeks was like banging my head on the wall with each email and phone call I made. In regards to being turned away at the port, I said to rep I would hate to get to port and be turned away because of a balance that was not mine. She agreed it was an MSC error but said they wouldn’t have let me board. I didn’t press further as it seemed I had some resolution. My only guess is that they don’t see  at port what she saw. 

This is July 27 2021

PXL_20210726_134904589.jpg

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, paceyswife said:

I am not on any social media.  

Calls and emails.

I too was told I would not be able to board when I asked the same question.

If push came to shove, I probably would pay it at the port but under duress. I have already called Amex and told them whats going on so there is a file note. They could not advise me on what to do, but they do protect their customers.

So how would my attitude be if I was forced to pay $1800+ at the port?

34 minutes ago, paceyswife said:

I’m sorry you are going through this and I hope MSC does right by you. It puts a damper on what should be a fantastic vacation. 

Thanks but they have not done right on an ongoing issue from last September so I don't have much hope.

1 hour ago, mscdivina2016 said:

This is July 27 2021

I'm not defending MSC but it's possible that the screenshot might not be enough without the booking number visible. 

With the way that MSC handles FCCs and booking number "switches" when FCC is applied, I make sure that I have copies of everything. I keep every PDF that MSC sends and use those when there is a dispute. 

30 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

I'm not defending MSC but it's possible that the screenshot might not be enough without the booking number visible. 

With the way that MSC handles FCCs and booking number "switches" when FCC is applied, I make sure that I have copies of everything. I keep every PDF that MSC sends and use those when there is a dispute. 

PDF 10 page confirmation, then final balance paid with email from msc.

PXL_20220222_230219753.MP.jpg

PXL_20220222_230253891.MP~2.jpg

Edited by mscdivina2016

With those last 2, I can't see how they are getting this so wrong....actually, with MSC, I can see. 😒

I wish that I could help you more but you seem to have everything correct on your end and I've given all that I have used to get my issues corrected. 

I'm also within 20 days and couldn't get my E-whatever sent to me for some unknown reason. I was getting a message that my booking number wasn't "confirmed" even though I had all green checkmarks and checks next to my passengers info. I re-entered everyone's info and 3 out of 4 could get the E-docs sent (all use my e-mail address). The 1 person who couldn't get anything and couldn't continue was me, guest #1. 

My workaround was to NOT enter my booking number and to NOT enter my stateroom number (both were correct on other parts of the Cruise Details). Somehow, that worked. 

Again, I wish you the best. 

Is there any way to cancel your cruise and rebook it? That might be the easiest option. I think that you have within 24 hours to cancel your cruise - is that the policy? Having them figure out what went wrong and fix it...yeah, I don't think that will happen. I am so sorry you are going through this and hope that this workaround will do it for you. 

1 hour ago, Gatrcruzer said:

Is there any way to cancel your cruise and rebook it? That might be the easiest option. I think that you have within 24 hours to cancel your cruise - is that the policy? Having them figure out what went wrong and fix it...yeah, I don't think that will happen. I am so sorry you are going through this and hope that this workaround will do it for you. 

No option unless I changed dates.

I also would have to move airfare, hotel, limousines and I am also b2b so I would need the same cabin as well. Also the rates for a 14 day cruise are actually the new total they are trying to charge me.  We are thinking that someone accidentally cancelled me and then rebooked me as that would explain the room change as well as the rate.

19 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I also would have to move airfare, hotel, limousines and I am also b2b so I would need the same cabin as well. Also the rates for a 14 day cruise are actually the new total they are trying to charge me.  We are thinking that someone accidentally cancelled me and then rebooked me as that would explain the room change as well as the rate.

Ugh, I am so sorry. There are many things to like about MSC, but their website and technology are just the worst, and often the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing with this company. I hope you are able to escalate this to a level where someone can help you. I think I would prefer to cancel rather than pay an extra 1800, but this late in the game I can see where that would be a nightmare. This really sounds illegal to me, so I hope you can get it sorted out. 

15 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Steve, I think I remember you saying you live in Florida in the winter.
How about you guys take a road trip to MSC Cruises USA and get it sorted out in person?

I looked up the address for you. If you bring all of your emails printed out I don’t see how they can’t fix it for you. May be worth the ride. 

64F6C694-E984-4828-9EF0-4F9279B21045.thumb.png.6c7dbe408f0edf7216f5550293050310.png

59 minutes ago, styles27 said:

Steve, I think I remember you saying you live in Florida in the winter.
How about you guys take a road trip to MSC Cruises USA and get it sorted out in person?

I looked up the address for you. If you bring all of your emails printed out I don’t see how they can’t fix it for you. May be worth the ride. 

64F6C694-E984-4828-9EF0-4F9279B21045.thumb.png.6c7dbe408f0edf7216f5550293050310.png

They won't meet with you.  

I tried that this past December to try and resolve the Salsa cruise debacle.

They will tell you everything is handles overseas in Italy.

• Like 1

Their offices are not at the port. They are in an office building in northwest Ft Lauderdale. You can get into the reception area but don't know what good it would do as I don't know if anyone would speak with you. There's a nice ship model to look at though. Lol.

Edited by cruiseguyinorl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

Their offices are not at the port. They are in an office building in northwest Ft Lauderdale. You can get into the reception area but don't know what good it would do as I don't know if anyone would speak with you. There's a nice ship model to look at though. Lol.

Is it the Titanic or Concordia?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/24/2022 at 3:55 PM, mscdivina2016 said:

They won't meet with you.  

I tried that this past December to try and resolve the Salsa cruise debacle.

They will tell you everything is handles overseas in Italy.

They are in and from Switzerland not Italy.