Does anyone know how much drinks cost on Oceania- not for the package

eldaradoe

2 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

So if I were to order a virgin mudslide, virgin pina coolada, other non-alcoholic mocktail....they are all no charge?  Do the bartenders have any issues with making these? 

no charge

Why would they have an issue 

they just leave the alcohol out of the recipe

3 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

no charge

Why would they have an issue 

they just leave the alcohol out of the recipe

On Celebrity there is an occasional (not all by any  stretch) bartender that sneers at making mocktails, particularly frozen ones. I've never understood it myself, unless there is an issue regarding how much alcohol they can sell.

1 minute ago, Guppy99 said:

On Celebrity there is an occasional (not all by any  stretch) bartender that sneers at making mocktails, particularly frozen ones. I've never understood it myself, unless there is an issue regarding how much alcohol they can sell.

They list  a couple on the menu  but I am sure if you ask nicely  they will accommodate your mocktail request   if not just choose one from the menu

JMO

12 minutes ago, travelbug2225 said:

If I understand correctly, there are 2 parties that offer free drinks. One is a captain’s welcome party and the repeater party. The repeater party is by invitation only for passengers who cruise with Oceania in the past. 

Correct

4 minutes ago, travelbug2225 said:

If I understand correctly, there are 2 parties that offer free drinks. One is a captain’s welcome party and the repeater party. The repeater party is by invitation only for passengers who cruise with Oceania in the past. 

This is correct. 

The Captain’s welcome party is conducted in Horizons and all the regular bars on ship. The Captain is only in Horizons. The Repeater Party is only in Horizons.

For those in Horizons, the wait staff is normally pushing a couple of select drinks they are carrying around on trays. One can order something different, open bar, but expect slow service because most of the staff are really busy. So if you’ve meet the Captain before, or if you learn he’s one of the guys that never shows up a a Cpt Reception, my recommendation is to do the event in one of the bars where you can readily get whatever you desire. I always find the Repeater parties enjoyable and highly informative. The OCA often gives out some great information for those listening.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2022 at 7:24 AM, eldaradoe said:

House Select PackageUnlimited Champagne, wine and beer with lunch and dinner $39.95 per guest, per day

and You can upgrade to the Prestige Select for $20 PP PD Unlimited premium spirits, Champagne, wine and beer wherever and whenever you wish
which equals $59.95 per guest, per day

But I would like to know what an individual drink would cost - say a Smirnoff martini verse a Belvedere Martini, or well scotch and a Johnny Walker Black??

If you're  drinking Belvedere or JW Black then upgrade to the Prestige.  We got the Select "free" and when we got onboard the first thing I did was upgrade to Prestige.  

On 7/19/2022 at 9:21 PM, Guppy99 said:

Rum has flavor, bourbon has flavors, wine has often even more flavors. Some of us enjoy those those tastes and flavors. If you leave the garlic out of shrimp scampi, don’t complain if the dish doesn’t taste like shrimp scampi. Therein lies the issue with the bartenders. They don’t like people complaining because their none alcoholic drink doesn’t taste right. You’re drinking mix, enjoy it or not but don’t complain because it only tastes like mix. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Rum has flavor, bourbon has flavors, wine has often even more flavors. Some of us enjoy those those tastes and flavors. If you leave the garlic out of shrimp scampi, don’t complain if the dish doesn’t taste like shrimp scampi. Therein lies the issue with the bartenders. They don’t like people complaining because their none alcoholic drink doesn’t taste right. You’re drinking mix, enjoy it or not but don’t complain because it only tastes like mix. 

They were not complaining about the drinks, they were complaining about a bartender with a shitty attitude.  

26 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

I have NEVER complained because of the lack of flavor from the alcohol, because I don't like it.  There is zero reason for any bartender to make a face when someone orders a mocktail.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

I have NEVER complained because of the lack of flavor from the alcohol, because I don't like it.  There is zero reason for any bartender to make a face when someone orders a mocktail.

You may have never complained, but many do. Upscale bars and bartenders often craft their mixers to specifically go with the brand(s) of alcohol used. They don’t just dump Mr T’s into a glass.That crafted mixer doesn’t necessarily go well without the booze.

While I agree that any bartender should smile and make the drinks, the customers should understand what they are getting.

On 7/20/2022 at 11:58 AM, travelbug2225 said:

When I was on the Regatta in March, there was no Captains Welcome in Horizons. It was replaced by free drinks in the bars before dinner one evening. There was a repeaters reception by invitation in the Regatta lounge at which the Captain and senior officers attended. 
That was 5 months ago so it may have changed. I’ll be on Sirena in October so I’m interested to see what they do. 

5 hours ago, sunlover12 said:

When I was on the Regatta in March, there was no Captains Welcome in Horizons. It was replaced by free drinks in the bars before dinner one evening. There was a repeaters reception by invitation in the Regatta lounge at which the Captain and senior officers attended. 
That was 5 months ago so it may have changed. I’ll be on Sirena in October so I’m interested to see what they do. 

Just to be clear, the free drinks in the bars has always been a part of the Captain's Welcome party, I've been doing it over 12 years now, what was different about yours in March is that the Captain wasn't in Horizons shaking hands with people. Personally, I've stopped shaking hands with officers and crew a long time before Covid. I've always felt it is not good for them or me. Looks like a great way to spread germs. FWIW, I've never gone to Horizons for the Captain's Welcome party, I'm fine in Martinis or the Grand Bar. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, ORV said:

Just to be clear, the free drinks in the bars has always been a part of the Captain's Welcome party, I've been doing it over 12 years now, what was different about yours in March is that the Captain wasn't in Horizons shaking hands with people. Personally, I've stopped shaking hands with officers and crew a long time before Covid. I've always felt it is not good for them or me. Looks like a great way to spread germs. FWIW, I've never gone to Horizons for the Captain's Welcome party, I'm fine in Martinis or the Grand Bar. 

Yes, I know.  On my March cruise there was no attendance or presentation by the Captain or senior officers in Horizons.  Pre-Covid, they were all up front and each of them said a few words. In the Regatta lounge at the repeater passenger reception there was no hand-shaking, fist-bumping etc. There was a welcome line where they each said hello verbally and that was it.

This was the first O cruise I have been on where the Captain and officers were not present in Horizons. That's the point I was attempting to make.

We'll see what happens later this year when I'm on Sirena. Perhaps someone who has been on a more recent cruise can comment. 

On 8/1/2022 at 8:13 AM, sunlover12 said:

Are you on Oct 1 cruise?

10 hours ago, Carryons_only said:

We are on that cruise — that just opened up registration. Can’t wait and hoping it will be as wonderful as so many bloggers/YouTubers  have reported.

I am not sure what you are talking about. I registered a month ago. Check in is at 21 days. 

On 7/20/2022 at 1:14 PM, pinotlover said:

This is correct. 

The Captain’s welcome party is conducted in Horizons and all the regular bars on ship. The Captain is only in Horizons. The Repeater Party is only in Horizons.

For those in Horizons, the wait staff is normally pushing a couple of select drinks they are carrying around on trays. One can order something different, open bar, but expect slow service because most of the staff are really busy. So if you’ve meet the Captain before, or if you learn he’s one of the guys that never shows up a a Cpt Reception, my recommendation is to do the event in one of the bars where you can readily get whatever you desire. I always find the Repeater parties enjoyable and highly informative. The OCA often gives out some great information for those listening.

Is there a way to figure out what night the Repeater parties are?  I find thr Captain's welcome party has been on our first sea day/night.

32 minutes ago, Mrs f. said:

I find the Captain's welcome party has been on our first sea day/night.

Kept all my Currents from our 12/13-23/21 cruise on Riviera: Day 1 was the short sea day from Miami out. Then our Day 2, the long sea day headed to the W. Caribbean, had the Captain's Cocktail Celebration that evening. "Complimentary Cocktails: 5:45- 8 pm Horizons/ 6-8 Martinis & Grand Bar."

1 hour ago, Mrs f. said:

Is there a way to figure out what night the Repeater parties are?  I find thr Captain's welcome party has been on our first sea day/night.

Captain’s party is most often on Day 2, sea day or not. Repeater’s Party bounces around, no particular day. Important to remember that depending upon the cruise, I have seen as many as three (3) repeater parties when 75+% of the ship are repeaters. You’re only invited to one of them though. Horizons can only hold so many. 🥂

1 minute ago, pinotlover said:

Yeah, but you’re Speeeciall. I was talking about the rest of us . 😂🥂

It wasn't just us, there were a couple of other couples that were invited to both. I don't know if number of cruises a person has makes a difference or not. FWIW, there have been some we've only been invited to one, but some both.