What’s your embarkation drink of choice?

CruzerDeb

3 minutes ago, PinkSandGirl said:

🍉 I write my name in the ice, ship name and date and take a picture. 😉 😉

🍹

20211008_140026.thumb.jpg.7acef842a5d998d86514efbc64d55072.jpg

I LOVE the idea of commemorating the cruise like that.  I may have to steal (oops borrow) that idea.  Somewhere along the cruise, usually late evening after "several" glasses of champagne, lol, I scrape enough ice to make a teeny tiny snowman.  His name is Pierre.  If I am lucky my new favorite bartender gives me Maraschino cherry stems for arms  - I digress.....

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Beba-Beba said:

I LOVE the idea of commemorating the cruise like that.  I may have to steal (oops borrow) that idea.  Somewhere along the cruise, usually late evening after "several" glasses of champagne, lol, I scrape enough ice to make a teeny tiny snowman.  His name is Pierre.  If I am lucky my new favorite bartender gives me Maraschino cherry stems for arms  - I digress.....

That's cute. A snowman and you name him. ☃️😉

Feel free to steal/borrow 😉 the idea.  

🍹

• Like 1

On 2/23/2022 at 10:51 AM, PTC DAWG said:

I've had the bloody already at the pre cruise hotel..  🙂

Oh, heck yeah. We've had it at the hotel in the morning and the airport the day before, but you can't have to many. It's for luck! 😉

On 2/23/2022 at 1:13 AM, chemmo said:

OK, it is the free bubbly they hand out as you board. It might not taste wonderful but it is simply symbolic of boarding! I always love this Celebrity tradition.

No welcome drinks were given out on my last two cruises November 2021 Silhouette and the Edge last month. If others got them I never saw it.  

No welcome drinks when boarding our November Reflection cruise.  However, they did have the glasses of welcome bubbly in the MDR when we entered for our Concierge Embarkation lunch.   

DH loves the Black Forest martini in the Martini Bar.  I will happily drink a specialty drink from the Passport Bar before sailing and a Strawberry Fields in the World Class Bar that night! 

• Like 2

On 2/25/2022 at 9:35 AM, Purplsmurf said:

….but I LOVE the new Cattier champagne and drink a lot of it when on board. 😋 

In the the past I used to stop @ Cellar Masters for Veuve Clicquot by the glass (one of my faves) and move across the deck to the Martini Bar for our nightly cocktails.  Now that option has disappeared since that space is Craft Social, a specialty beer lounge, that is as sparsely used as was Cellar Masters.  Montandon champagne was the best quality champagne available (to my palate) at the Martini Bar as of my cruise in March 2020.  Now Montandon champagne is gone and has been replaced by Cattier (it is within the premium package).  Like many here I liked it.  BTW they were willing to bring Veuve Clicquot to the Martini Bar for me if I bot it by the bottle @ $150 per bottle - same thing even in the MDR, Murano and at the Daniel Boulud Chef's Table. After a chat with the very cute Bar Manager Cattier was stocked for the duration of both of my cruises.  It was very popular.  They popped a cork almost every evening  when I ordered it.  I just love that sound!!!!!!  Cheers!!!!!

Mary

Edited by Beba-Beba