Italy entry requirements to change.

mimbecky

21 minutes ago, Virginia100 said:

The three shots will be good good for  Italy. Fantastic for my 8/8 Beyond out of Rome. Now the US needs to follow suit and eliminate

the test for the return!!!!!!

As others that are knowledgeable,  we need to get through Spring Break first.  A long time to August.  We also are hoping things settle down.  No prediction.

2 hours ago, Lastdance said:

I understand about the last vaccination and time limit, but hoping we can keep moving forward without taking too many steps back. This new variant is Omicron BA.2 and no relation to British Airways except through transmission...TBD.

Time limit is only for those with two shots . Those with third booster gave no time limits. That problem is self inflicted. I’m not sure Spring break really affects European travel. 

• Like 1

Perhaps this seems foolish to some, but for us it works. We leave for Rome on May 11, '22 at 3:10pm for a May 13 sailing from Civitavecchia. Whether or not it is required we will be Covid tested that morning with results in hand for boarding the ship. This is easy for us and hopefully results in negative testing. If a second booster is recommended prior to leaving for Rome, we will gladly comply. It gives us a warm tummy feeling to do more than what is required or suggested. And for the remainder of this year, we will continue to wear masks - required or not - as we see fit onboard the ship and during shore excursions.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

From the New York Times today - it appears only unvaccinated guests would need to be tested prior to arrival.  We will be vising family in Scotland after our cruise and they tell us things are loosening up quickly.   I personally think things will be dramatically different across all of Europe, Canada and U.S. 6 weeks from now than they are today.   

"For England, Wales and Northern Ireland, travelers who are not fully vaccinated need to take a test before departing and a PCR test on or before their second day in the country. Scotland requires unvaccinated travelers to present a negative test taken no more than two days before departure."

Just found this Jim:

https://twitter.com/i/events/1496132568910995456?s=21