Italy entry requirements to change.

mimbecky

Thought I would post here since I know there are a lot of cruises out of Rome coming up (including mine May 14). Maybe I am being too hopeful, but I think this means as of March 1 they will drop the COVID test for entry into Italy if you are fully vaccinated. 

“From 1 March, for arrivals from all non-European countries, the same rules already in place for European countries will be in force. For entry into Italy, one of the conditions of the Green Pass will be sufficient: vaccination certificate, recovery certificate or negative test,” said Speranza in a post on Twitter.

Under the new rules, fully vaccinated travellers will be able to provide EU Green Pass or equivalent certification of their vaccine status in lieu of a negative test result. Travellers who are unvaccinated or partially vaccinated will be required to provide a negative pre-departure test result or a recent recovery certificate.

Italy to ease Covid entry requirements | ITIJ

Miriam

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

Well, just had friends leave for Italy this past Sunday and it was tense for them getting tested within the time parameters...

They got it done and flew out...

Thank you for this, regardless.

bon voyage

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, mimbecky said:

Thought I would post here since I know there are a lot of cruises out of Rome coming up (including mine May 14). Maybe I am being too hopeful, but I think this means as of March 1 they will drop the COVID test for entry into Italy if you are fully vaccinated. 

“From 1 March, for arrivals from all non-European countries, the same rules already in place for European countries will be in force. For entry into Italy, one of the conditions of the Green Pass will be sufficient: vaccination certificate, recovery certificate or negative test,” said Speranza in a post on Twitter.

Under the new rules, fully vaccinated travellers will be able to provide EU Green Pass or equivalent certification of their vaccine status in lieu of a negative test result. Travellers who are unvaccinated or partially vaccinated will be required to provide a negative pre-departure test result or a recent recovery certificate.

Miriam

This is such good news, inch by inch, step by step...  We are planning a land trip to Italy mid-June - mid-July, hopefully then much of this will be behind us.  Though my husband will be traveling on a Chinese passport so could be very interesting.  Lots of research to do before then, well at least we have a lot of time.  Thanks for sharing this!!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, mimbecky said:

Miriam

Thank You

Good news, our cruise starts in Civitavecchia in June. Thank you for posting.

Just what I was hoping for. And no tests required to fly back to UK afterwards 

Just need to see what requirements Celebrity will be asking for 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mimbecky said:

Miriam

I sure hope so! We sail out of Rome on May 13th (arriving the 11th) I assume instead of the greeen pass we just show our vaccination card? Now to find a place in Rome to get a covid test to get on the ship. It's like jumping thru hoops!

18 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Good news, our cruise starts in Civitavecchia in June. Thank you for posting.

Just what I was hoping for. And no tests required to fly back to UK afterwards 

Just need to see what requirements Celebrity will be asking for 

And, if you are over 75, then you will be offered another Booster in the Spring in England.👍

Also all restrictions finish tomorrow in England.

1 hour ago, mimbecky said:

Miriam

I'm waiting to talk to representative with cruise line to confirm, but I am on a transatlantic from Florida to Rome in April.  If I am reading this correctly, if I am fully vaccinated and can produce my CDC card then I don't need a test to get off the ship?  My CDC card acts as the green pass.  I believe I still need to get a negative antigen test to fly home to US (hopefully that is gone soon too).

• Like 1

Just now, upwarduk said:

And, if you are over 75, then you will be offered another Booster in the Spring in England.👍

Ha ha, not yet, just reached pension age 😄 

Yeap, happy about restrictions finishing. 

37 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

We cruise to UK out of Amsterdam in mid-May. I know we will have to meet EU requirements for Amsterdam and Cork if we get there, but what about restrictions to foreign visitors and is Scotland setting their own requirements? I thought they were at one point…

55 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Curious if that is a 2nd booster or a first booster.   The wording of another booster seems to imply having had 2 shots plus a booster and would get another booster.      Just curious as in the U.S. they are not yet recommending a second booster.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

We cruise to UK out of Amsterdam in mid-May. I know we will have to meet EU requirements for Amsterdam and Cork if we get there, but what about restrictions to foreign visitors and is Scotland setting their own requirements? I thought they were at one point…

From the New York Times today - it appears only unvaccinated guests would need to be tested prior to arrival.  We will be vising family in Scotland after our cruise and they tell us things are loosening up quickly.   I personally think things will be dramatically different across all of Europe, Canada and U.S. 6 weeks from now than they are today.   

"For England, Wales and Northern Ireland, travelers who are not fully vaccinated need to take a test before departing and a PCR test on or before their second day in the country. Scotland requires unvaccinated travelers to present a negative test taken no more than two days before departure."

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Curious if that is a 2nd booster or a first booster.   The wording of another booster seems to imply having had 2 shots plus a booster and would get another booster.      Just curious as in the U.S. they are not yet recommending a second booster.

It’s a second booster for the over 75’s and people classed as clinically vulnerable. This is actually a 5th shot for some. https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/feb/21/uk-older-vulnerable-people-to-be-offered-covid-booster-vaccine

Edited by sunlover33

I can confirm this change to the entry requirements for Italy.

I work for a subsidiary of an italian Company and we just got an email detailing the change.

That being said, no resumption of travel between our sites is planned yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

In Israel -- 2 shots, + one booster 7-8 months after the 1st shot, + 2nd booster in January for those over 60 years old, or younger with overlaying health issues.

We just had the "2nd booster". This time we were really on the "fence", but decided to go with the "flow"....

4 hours ago, sunlover33 said:

It’s a second booster for the over 75’s and people classed as clinically vulnerable. This is actually a 5th shot for some. https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/feb/21/uk-older-vulnerable-people-to-be-offered-covid-booster-vaccine

Interesting.  Thanks for the clarity.  Seems very prudent.

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

In Israel -- 2 shots, + one booster 7-8 months after the 1st shot, + 2nd booster in January for those over 60 years old, or younger with overlaying health issues.

We just had the "2nd booster". This time we were really on the "fence", but decided to go with the "flow"....

I'm probably over boosted.   They messed up and gave me a Moderna as my second shot after my 1s Pfizer.   They then offered me a 2nd Pfizer to make sure of my status as they had not yet approved mixed dosage.   My doctor then decided to give me a 2nd Moderna.   Crazy as I don't have any underlying health conditions. 

• Like 2

There is a new COVID Omicron variant just out.   It is more transmissible than the older Omnicron  variant.   Things look good right now but we still need to get through Spring Break and Easter/Passover travel spread.    You will need to keep checking to see the results requirements as they may change.    If your last vaccination was more than six months before your entry to a country it may also be considered too old for entry.

12 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

There is a new COVID Omicron variant just out.   It is more transmissible than the older Omnicron  variant.   Things look good right now but we still need to get through Spring Break and Easter/Passover travel spread.    You will need to keep checking to see the results requirements as they may change.    If your last vaccination was more than six months before your entry to a country it may also be considered too old for entry.

I understand about the last vaccination and time limit, but hoping we can keep moving forward without taking too many steps back. This new variant is Omicron BA.2 and no relation to British Airways except through transmission...TBD.

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1