Can someone please clarify "Book with Confidence"?

Buddysmom10

I'm ready to book a June 11, 2022 Alaska cruise. Is Book with Confidence only for "valid" reasons? Is it only if you test positive? It says you can cancel up to 30 days  before departure. I could not find the valid reasons. 

On the same page it has the cancellation policy which would be 50% without PVP if I cancelled 30 days before that trip.

Several months ago some cruise lines were more liberal in allowing cancellations but I'm sure that has tighten up now.

Thank you. 

B

1 hour ago, Buddysmom10 said:

I'm ready to book a June 11, 2022 Alaska cruise. Is Book with Confidence only for "valid" reasons? Is it only if you test positive? It says you can cancel up to 30 days  before departure. I could not find the valid reasons. 

On the same page it has the cancellation policy which would be 50% without PVP if I cancelled 30 days before that trip.

Several months ago some cruise lines were more liberal in allowing cancellations but I'm sure that has tighten up now.

Thank you. 

Just cancelled a cruise using the "Book with Confidence" guarantee.    We cancelled @ 40 days out owing to the the uncertainty of variants at that time (in retrospect we should have sailed).   None of us had a medical reason to cancel, and other that "we wanted to cancel", plus no reason was requested.

We got 100% of the cruise fare refunded.  1 fare, plus Port Fees back to our CC (in less than 3 days) and 1 fare, FCD, and Insurance paid as a future cruise credit (good for 1 year from the date of cancellation) this was back in our accounts at the 2 week mark.  

We have since re-booked and going in September.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Ombud said:

Great question!! My PVP used it to refare a cruise Monday. But I had understood it to be part back in method paid and part (cancelation penalty) back as FCC that had to be used within 12 months

That is interesting as I read through the fine print and it said you would be given FCC if you cancelled but the FCC could not be used to rebook the original cruise that you cancelled. From the popup of "See Full Terms & Conditions" on the Book with Confidence page https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cancellation-final-payment-policy/

image.png.cd0f180928933a1389c69e7c8ea30cb2.png

My assigned PVP has never responded to requests for help with any  booking so did not used them to book.

Edited by brisalta

3 hours ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

What if you cancel Sept/Oct cruises right now....

Do you get full refund?

Or does deposit get returned as FCC?

Assuming it is a refundable deposit it will be refunded to the credit card used at the time of booking.

4 hours ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

What if you cancel Sept/Oct cruises right now....

Do you get full refund?

Or does deposit get returned as FCC?

You have not yet made final payment, correct? You get your deposit refunded to your credit card.

12 hours ago, dog said:

Do you get the Princess Vacation Protection back as a FCC? If you use cancel with confidence before 30 days?

Yes, that was our experience.   Surprised us, as the first agent said, it was lost and not refunded.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, dog said:

Do you get the Princess Vacation Protection back as a FCC? If you use cancel with confidence before 30 days?

We were told, "yes" but so far we only got the port taxes back on our CC and we only got some of our FCCs back...now we're told 60 business days!

• Thanks 1