Unable to use FCC in time question.

On 2/25/2022 at 9:22 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

You cannot use fcc for royal up, so that would not have worked anyway.

Call c&a and ask if you can apply your fcc to your odyssey sailing then get cash back from what you paid with your credit card.  

Thank you for the suggestion!  C&A was very helpful, they reached out to our TA and they are issuing a credit to our credit card. 👍

• Like 1

On 3/10/2022 at 9:40 AM, SRF said:

It seems the itineraries were CHANGED.  The ship still sailed.

Itineraries are not guaranteed.

So you DID cancel the cruises, and are subject to the rules based on your cancelling the cruise.

It’s not necessary to accuse me of lying SRF.
Im not sure where you got your info but you are wrong.  The sailings of several ships were cancelled for a short period of time, due to a Covid outbreak amongst crew members.  Itinerary changes don’t matter to us, it was all about sailing on the Jewel.  We love that ship.

E- mail from Royal:

Dear Guest,

As a result of the ongoing COVID-related

circumstances, we are cancelling 

Jewel of the Seas’ 

sailings from January 9, 2022 – February 12, 2022.

Unfortunately, this

means your January 29th, 2022 sailing has

been cancelled.

We know how much time and effort go into planning your vacation, and we’re sorry for the impact to your plans. We do hope you will take advantage of the options below and find another sailing to join us on.

Edited by TinkBellaMom

On 3/10/2022 at 9:40 AM, SRF said:

It seems the itineraries were CHANGED.  The ship still sailed.

Itineraries are not guaranteed.

So you DID cancel the cruises, and are subject to the rules based on your cancelling the cruise.

I am very sorry SRF for the comments I made.  I’m afraid I thought these comments were aimed at me, the OP, and I jumped the gun.

On 3/9/2022 at 10:22 AM, cublet said:

Hello,

I had cruises booked on Anthem ex Soton in August, September & October last year.

All the itineraries were cancelled (in my terminology) but most departure dates kept so Royal argued that, as the departure & arrival port were the same, these cruises had not been cancelled.

The offer was a refund or OBC for the difference in the original cruise cost paid and the 'new itineraries' cruise cost - substantially lower. A 25% uplift on FCCs was not offered.

I had paid for two of these with a mixture of FCC and Cash, one wholly in FCC and two wholly in cash.

One of these I asked to be cancelled under CWC and the others to be refunded. This one I cancelled under CWC, Royal are saying they will not issue the new FCC at the original value, ie including the 25% uplift, because I cancelled - a possible loss to me of over £200. My TA is arguing.

The others, either paid wholly or in part with an FCC, the original net cost, ie minus the 25% uplift, have been refunded to my credit cards. Whilst it's nice to have the cash, I am now £800 down due to the loss of the uplift on FCCs from as far back as 2020. I didn't expect the refund to be back to the year dot, but a refund of new monies paid in 2021. (Being a very retired bean-counter I do understand that Royal, having got its credit lines in place, saved 20% in crystallising its FCC liabilities.)

The cruises paid wholly in new money have been refunded to my CC.

And, not for the first time, I am trying to keep hold of some NextCruise Booking- On-Board Onboard Credit that was on one of them that the Miami muppets we are having to deal with say is not transferable (again).

I am looking forward to an uncomplicated 2023 when I sail with Cunard and P&O.

Regards,

Cublet

Of course they won't give you 125% since you cancelled. In the cruise contract, it states that they can change the itinerary whenever they want to. You are actually lucky you could cancel under the CWC, because normally when you cancel you lose your deposit. Be happy you get 100% back.

If you book before the end of March to sail before the end of Sept w your credits you fall under the 48 hour cancelation deal w no $ penalty - I forget what they call it.  

I was assured I could then cancel and shift wo penalty by multiple RC customer support folks.

I would rather sail, but if their rules still prevent our home from setting sail, I don't lose my $.  That will do for me.

Judy

On 3/13/2022 at 6:40 AM, TinkBellaMom said:

It’s not necessary to accuse me of lying SRF.

I was not responding to your post.  I was responding to the post that stated -

"All the itineraries were cancelled (in my terminology) but most departure dates kept so Royal argued that, as the departure & arrival port were the same, these cruises had not been cancelled."

On 3/13/2022 at 7:13 AM, TinkBellaMom said:

I am very sorry SRF for the comments I made.  I’m afraid I thought these comments were aimed at me, the OP, and I jumped the gun.

NP, it happens.

If we sail together, you owe me a drink. 😄

Edited by SRF
  • Like 1