35 Days to the South Pacific with The Inside Cabin - Live from the Zuiderdam

The-Inside-Cabin

On 3/9/2022 at 1:33 PM, The-Inside-Cabin said:

Arrived Hilo.   It's been 12 hours since our PCR test without a phone call or people in Hazmat suits knocking on the door so I guess we "passed".   This test was required for entry to Tahiti. 

We are thinking about this cruise for Oct. 2022. What happens if someone tests positive? Are you quarantined in your cabin, another “special” cabin, or taken off the ship?

I don’t know what the protocol will be in Oct.

8 hours ago, LewiLewi said:

We are thinking about this cruise for Oct. 2022. What happens if someone tests positive? Are you quarantined in your cabin, another “special” cabin, or taken off the ship?

I don’t know what the protocol will be in Oct.

Hard to say for sure.   My guess is that mass testing will no longer be required in October and only people with symptoms for any illness, COVID. Noro virus etc. , will be quartined in their own cabin. 

Another useful app.  My Radar

here is a screen shot.  We are in Papeete.  This app helped us know when to sit out the rain 

Waited out the rain on in a cafe on the second floor of the market.   Burgers and beer!

8814C28A-A117-4C87-9330-889359ED6896.png

11056456-EA15-47AD-A880-DFFA0EC7E04C.thumb.jpeg.56fdd4f03a001ac424eaff9683b0d4d2.jpegF4698F5F-7322-4CC5-ACF5-448C0FAD5D93.thumb.jpeg.6ed1cb4e6f6ade6671ba11ebd6fbc65f.jpeg72728BD8-78A2-49B2-A687-E7DC9C5BE104.thumb.jpeg.fdff5541d52ab86c18b996260c661481.jpeg

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Thank you so much for this thread and your excellent posts.  We are booked on this trip in February 2024 and so look forward to it!  I try to sample beers from around the world.  The word "Beer" works in all languages to date.

• Like 1

Hey Pete and Judy, 

Once again your posts, photos and information updates are great, especially the news about next year’s WC and the staff that’s going to be aboard. If you see Henk, please tell him hello from John and Diane. I think that you said you are on deck 8 just under the Lido. We have a guarantee for 2023 but no definite room assignment yet. I was wondering how the noise was—one of us is a light sleeper and the other can sleep through any. Another question if you have time: I’m a pickle ball player and am curious to how the wind seems to be up there. The sports deck on the Amsterdam wasn’t great, but on the newer ships not too bad. Again thanks for your great blog. I think we last saw you guys at the hotel at the Sydney Airport before flying home—what an adventure! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canadianbear said:

WOW!!!!! Here we are on the ship and didn’t know a thing. Amazing!! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, tennisbeforewine said:

Hey Pete and Judy, 

Once again your posts, photos and information updates are great, especially the news about next year’s WC and the staff that’s going to be aboard. If you see Henk, please tell him hello from John and Diane. I think that you said you are on deck 8 just under the Lido. We have a guarantee for 2023 but no definite room assignment yet. I was wondering how the noise was—one of us is a light sleeper and the other can sleep through any. Another question if you have time: I’m a pickle ball player and am curious to how the wind seems to be up there. The sports deck on the Amsterdam wasn’t great, but on the newer ships not too bad. Again thanks for your great blog. I think we last saw you guys at the hotel at the Sydney Airport before flying home—what an adventure! 

Hi John and Diane,  Thanks for checking in.    

We are in 8070 and we can hear the elevator chime and the occasional trolley rolling overhead in the lido.   It doesn't bother us.   But we live in a condo and are used to more noises probably than most.   

But - you can definitely hear the trolleys.   I was in the Navy and slept under a catapult for 7 months and Judy sleeps thru ships alarms - so we aren't bothered by noises.    It's not loud or persistent like being under the BB King, but it is noticeable.    It's not worth it to us to pay for the 6th floor.   Plus we enjoy being so close to the Lido - easy to pop up and get coffee or hot water etc....

I'll check on the pickleball later - I'll pass on your regards to Henk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, canadianbear said:

Thanks - I wonder what cabin they were in.   Maybe I can get an upgrade!

• Haha 10

14 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

Hard to say for sure.   My guess is that mass testing will no longer be required in October and only people with symptoms for any illness, COVID. Noro virus etc. , will be quartined in their own cabin. 

Thank you for responding so quickly. We have a choice between two cabins, 5044 and 6035 for the Oct. cruise. Are both in quiet locations; one better than the other? If you get a chance to walk by these cabins, we would appreciate your opinion.

8 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

Hi John and Diane,  Thanks for checking in.    

We are in 8070 and we can hear the elevator chime and the occasional trolley rolling overhead in the lido.   It doesn't bother us.   But we live in a condo and are used to more noises probably than most.   

But - you can definitely hear the trolleys.   I was in the Navy and slept under a catapult for 7 months and Judy sleeps thru ships alarms - so we aren't bothered by noises.    It's not loud or persistent like being under the BB King, but it is noticeable.    It's not worth it to us to pay for the 6th floor.   Plus we enjoy being so close to the Lido - easy to pop up and get coffee or hot water etc....

I'll check on the pickleball later - I'll pass on your regards to Henk

Thanks! 

3 hours ago, LewiLewi said:

Thank you for responding so quickly. We have a choice between two cabins, 5044 and 6035 for the Oct. cruise. Are both in quiet locations; one better than the other? If you get a chance to walk by these cabins, we would appreciate your opinion.

Both on are quiet floors.  Nothing but cabins above and below.   5044 will probably is closer to the elevator and you will probably hear the “chime”.   Also you may “detect” some sound from the world stage or Billboard drifting up the stairs.   It will be minimal if you can here it at all - maybe with your door open.  

Both will be quiet - but 6035 will be a little quieter.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

Both on are quiet floors.  Nothing but cabins above and below.   5044 will probably is closer to the elevator and you will probably hear the “chime”.   Also you may “detect” some sound from the world stage or Billboard drifting up the stairs.   It will be minimal if you can here it at all - maybe with your door open.  

Both will be quiet - but 6035 will be a little quieter.  

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!