35 Days to the South Pacific with The Inside Cabin - Live from the Zuiderdam

The-Inside-Cabin

Yeah!  I’m doing my Doc Dance!

Younger cruisers will say – Hey What?   What’s a Doc Dance?

Doing a Doc Dance was one of the precruise traditions that fell by the wayside once all your cruise documentation was available online.   “Back in the day” the cruise line mailed your boarding passes, luggage tags, excursion information and more in big thick envelopes.   After you received your ”Docs” your cruise went from a dream to reality as you were able to scan all the wonderful excursions and other highlights of your upcoming cruise.  In the preinternet days, you couldn’t easily find out what excursions were available till you received your Docs!  Even then you couldn’t easily book in advance and often you headed down to the theatre for a mass shore excursion booking party on the first day.

Sadly, the old Doc Dance has been replaced by the new Negative COVID Dance!   These days you must get a COVID test right before sailing and when you get the email or text with the big print – NEGATIVE – well I can’t blame anyone if you jump out of their chair and do a little Happy Dance!

COVID Results

But – NOT SO FAST – Since we are heading to Hawaii – we must run the COVID gauntlet one more time at the cruise terminal before we board.   If we pop positive, then it’s go back home and start thinking about how you can use all your FCC.

I am writing this at 1 PM and we leave for the cruise terminal in 90 minutes.   Hoping for another negative test – otherwise

do not pass go do not collect 200

HAL Cruise Map  

Follow along here and on Twitter/Instagram, plus  my blog  www.theinsidecabin.com

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

I hope you have an amazing adventure and fingers are crossed that you are negative once again.

I've always enjoyed following your blog and am happy to know I have another one to look forward to.

Safe Travels!

• Like 1

Thank you for taking us along with you; I'm one who remembers doing the Document Dance.  I used to grab the UPS delivery guy and sashay him around the driveway before letting him run back to his truck.  Strangely enough, they never sent the same one twice . . . hmmm.   Thanks for letting us live vicariously through your cruise till we get to do ours - eventually.

Smooth Sailing!

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

46 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

We were waitlisted for this cruise but figured our chances were slim to none so we opted to move it to 2023....now I'm wishing we had taken our chances.

Enjoy!!!

See you on board the Koningsdam.  We booked this back in June

• Like 2

We are currently anchored in Avalon.   Great first day.   Caught up with a lot of old friends from previous cruise.   Ran into Henk, Hotel GM and Shiv who runs Housekeeping - they will both be on the 23 World cruise.  

Easy check in - our arrival time was 3:20 so things were really almost wrapped up by then.  Longest wait was to wait for COVID results.      

more later but I wanted to post a quick note and try this video.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2