35 Days to the South Pacific with The Inside Cabin - Live from the Zuiderdam

The-Inside-Cabin

13 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

We do not buy the thermal suite and never even use the free day pass we get with 5 stars.   Many people really love the thermal suites, but its not our cup of tea.   

I'll see if I can find out what they were charging..

Thank you.  We are great fans of the thermal suite and are on the Voyage of the Vikings sailing this July.  

6 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

miss this as we will eat on the North  Shore tonight. 
Haleiwa Beach House 

Thanks for posting the menus.  Several, including this one, has interesting items that I have never seen on a HAL menu.  

• Thanks 1

Matsumoto's is legendary - probably not better than other places on the island but tourists and locals love it and buy the tee shirts.  Obama and family always went to one in the town of Kailua when they spent their Christmas vacations on the beach there. They helped make that one famous too.   Glad you have good weather!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, triiip42 said:

how are you guys getting around; shaved ice and north shore yesterday with diamond head and drive in today?

Thanks

Great pictures, looks like you guys are enjoying it all.

We rented a car from Hui.  https://www.drivehui.com

it has a pickup near Aloha Tower - fee includes gas and insurance plus overnight parking.   $109 a day.  You can also rent them by the hour.   Cheaper if you go to Airport or Waikiki hotel but the convenience of having it do close to ship made it worth it.   You HAVE to have a smart phone will cell service.  Worked great. 

• Thanks 1

We will be attending the once a cruise Rudy's Sel de Met pop up dinner tonight. $49 surcharge.    Here is the menu. 

suggestions?   I may get the $25 Fruits de Mer just to see what it looks like.   We have eaten at Rudi's on Pinnacle ships but never at the pop up.  

3F7AA9CA-84DD-4330-9543-32A30507E7D8.thumb.png.e2adadae7a64d775b87f5f41be7a5acf.png7449CCF6-FB1D-48B0-9241-0D878ACA4E35.thumb.png.f46074b4df45d1f56fbaff1509c1c950.png9E44A48F-2994-43D0-85AA-379CC62197D0.thumb.png.8b7e0db5e9acc1b54c0ed1afefd0c903.png

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

suggestions?  

I have dine at a couple of the pop-ups and they have been equal to the stand alone on Nieuw Statendam.

Recommendations by me:  Escargot, Dover Sole, Crepes Suzette.  Skip the Cauliflower Puree.  (And, I like Cauliflower.)

The other menus that you posted continues to offer interesting and different HAL items:  Pineapple Cabbage Slaw, Argentinian Tri Tip Steak (really beef from Argentina?) , Hawaiian Blue Marlin, Kona Chicken among others.  

On 3/7/2022 at 8:20 PM, The-Inside-Cabin said:

Climbed Diamond Head today.  Then got done Loco Moco at the Rainbow Drive In

https://rainbowdrivein.com

947C4A72-1C14-43F2-81D5-8AC248B006CD.jpeg

How was the weather for your hike?  That can be a hot hike, especially when it starts the switchback section.  Nice once you get up to the rim though and start getting some breezes.

Haven't hiked there for many years.  Can you still go in the bunkers at the summit?

42 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Haha, I believe I have the hat that Judy has on! Loving the updates.

Especially the menus. I get caught up imagining eating a meal I didn't prepare myself...

Here is the hat Judy has 

Muryobao Women's Ponytail Sun Hat UV Protection Foldable Mesh Wide Brim Beach Fishing Hat

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BJ3CCN6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_CVQY3H8G1A8N2XYXHKCK

5A4062F8-7D47-4F56-8F51-9434A4BB34D0.thumb.jpeg.4f634626e41ddb4c62e5bb1db19c7f4e.jpeg

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, AFNavigator said:

How was the weather for your hike?  That can be a hot hike, especially when it starts the switchback section.  Nice once you get up to the rim though and start getting some breezes.

Haven't hiked there for many years.  Can you still go in the bunkers at the summit?

The weather was nice.  About 80 but low humidity and a high overcast kept the intensity down 

yes you can still go thru the bunkers. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

Here is the hat Judy has 

Muryobao Women's Ponytail Sun Hat UV Protection Foldable Mesh Wide Brim Beach Fishing Hat

Ah, mine is a paler shade of coral-pink from Outdoors Tribe, but similar:

Hat-Ladies-Pink-001_eb8f0b43-73ad-4583-9

Edited by crystalspin