Cruise Critic is Sailing on Majestic Princess This Week (2/26-3/5) - What do you want to know?

Ahoy Cruise Critic Alex

Cruise Critic is aboard the currently Majestic Princess sailing to Cabo, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta, and we want to know what you want to know! 

Curious about cabins? 

Want to know more about shore excursions?

Any questions about how the new MedallionPay works for off-ship purchases in port?
Just interested on what it's currently like onboard compared to other ships? 

Let us know in the comments -- we'll be checking throughout our voyage and either answering directly or adding the info into our coverage (coming soon!). 

Which nights are the formal nights and how dressed up are passengers? For example, do majority still wear sports coats, suits etc.. We have not sailed Princess for 10+ years so wondering if these evenings have become "less" formal over that time. 

• LauraS pinned this topic
18 hours ago, Ahoy Cruise Critic Alex said:

Cruise Critic is aboard the currently Majestic Princess sailing to Cabo, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta, and we want to know what you want to know! 

Curious about cabins? 

Any questions about how the new MedallionPay works for off-ship purchases in port?

Let us know in the comments -- we'll be checking throughout our voyage and either answering directly or adding the info into our coverage (coming soon!). 

Did you pre-arrange dining in MC App using DMW?

If so, did you book for entire voyage or do it night-by-night?

Did you have Travel Companions to add in to make a larger Dining Party than your cabin occupants?

Did you elect Table Sharing or Private?

If you booked same thing for entire voyage, are you actually getting the same table and wait-staff each evening? 

If you wanted same table and wait-staff (a.k.a. traditional style), did you have to make a request to DR mgmt?

Were you directed to a specific DR in order to have same table and wait-staff each night?

If you are going free-style (dine when you choose), then most of my questions are not applicable.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Why do passengers get PCR and worry results won’t be in on time? I did that once and never again! Why doesn’t everyone just get the Rapid Antigen test with results in a few hours? I’m doing that one for Majestic April 23d.  

23 hours ago, Ahoy Cruise Critic Alex said:

Curious about cabins? 

Be careful what you ask for, you might get it.

need information on type of electric outlets on the Majestic.  Especially Balcony cabin D505 or other.  Taking Majestic in April and need info for medical device that needs plugging in! Thanks for any info and pics !

Bugs50

I am curious on what can be ordered via the medallion app from Specialty Restaurants (in addition to the normal room service menu). I've seen a screenshot of the restaurants that can be ordered from but would love to see screenshots of the items available. 

16 hours ago, claudia814 said:

Why do passengers get PCR and worry results won’t be in on time? I did that once and never again! Why doesn’t everyone just get the Rapid Antigen test with results in a few hours? I’m doing that one for Majestic April 23d.  

For one I can get a PCR test for free at my health provider. The pharmacies in my area do not offer the rapid test  There have been many reports of false positive results with rapid tests and when they retest with PCR show negative. FinalyvI have had 3 PCR tests and have gotten results in under 12 hours each time

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ombud said:

> show times

> comparison between Gigi Pizza & Alfredos 

> I can't find Salty Dog Gastropub on the ship, can you??

Enjoy the newest ship!!

Unless there have been major changes there is no Salty Dog on the Majestic 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, memoak said:

Unless there have been major changes there is no Salty Dog on the Majestic 

😠also appears to be missing on Discovery. 

Edited by Ombud

23 hours ago, memoak said:

Any opinion on the noodle bar or the French specialty restaurant 

I really liked the noodle bar. 

The French specialty was not to my taste.  I am a foodie but would not go there again.   

We were on board January 15-22, 2022.  
We have another voyage booked for April 23-30, 2022.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2022 at 6:43 PM, Kenhel said:

Which nights are the formal nights and how dressed up are passengers? For example, do majority still wear sports coats, suits etc.. We have not sailed Princess for 10+ years so wondering if these evenings have become "less" formal over that time. 

Hi Kenhel: This is a great question. It's definitely more relaxed than formal nights of yesteryear. For this sailing the formal nights are the second night and the fifth night. We've only experienced one formal night so far, but it was relaxed (think rehearsal dinner attire), though there were a few folks here and there who dressed to the nines, but they stuck out. Will report back if it seems more formal for the second night. 

• Like 1

On 2/28/2022 at 12:09 PM, Steelers36 said:

Did you pre-arrange dining in MC App using DMW?

If so, did you book for entire voyage or do it night-by-night?

Did you have Travel Companions to add in to make a larger Dining Party than your cabin occupants?

Did you elect Table Sharing or Private?

If you booked same thing for entire voyage, are you actually getting the same table and wait-staff each evening? 

If you wanted same table and wait-staff (a.k.a. traditional style), did you have to make a request to DR mgmt?

Were you directed to a specific DR in order to have same table and wait-staff each night?

If you are going free-style (dine when you choose), then most of my questions are not applicable.

Thanks.

Hi, Steelers36! You can pre-book main and specialty dining reservations through the MC app for the entirety of the cruise using DMW. If you want to add a travel companion not in your stateroom, you just have to add their booking confirmation number when making the reservation (there is a space for this when making the reservation). The reservations default to private table only. I didn't book the same thing every night, so I am not sure about the same waiter, etc -- but you could likely make the request in person one night. You can choose the MDR you'd like to dine in each night when you make the reservation. Hope this helps!

On 2/28/2022 at 3:50 PM, memoak said:

Any opinion on the noodle bar or the French specialty restaurant 

I haven't had the noodle bar because I have celiac disease, but it doesn't seem to have much variety. It's on the Lido deck, a casual spot. Bistro Sur la Mer received rave reviews from the diners at the tables all around me, but I have found it to be the least impressive of the specialty restaurants onboard (although my menu options were limited due to gluten; French cuisine is difficult). 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bugs50 said:

need information on type of electric outlets on the Majestic.  Especially Balcony cabin D505 or other.  Taking Majestic in April and need info for medical device that needs plugging in! Thanks for any info and pics !

Bugs50

There are standard three-prong plug, slanted three-prong plug, and two round two-prong European plugs. There are also some USB outlets.  

3 hours ago, pistnbroke said:

Disembarking Majestic on March  12 (our first Princess cruise)

hoping Princess is still offering to provide complementary Covid test 

for our flight home to Canada the next day.

Could you confirm please !

Things change quickly in cruise at the moment, so you should check with the line directly for this information. 

17 hours ago, djzuz said:

I am curious on what can be ordered via the medallion app from Specialty Restaurants (in addition to the normal room service menu). I've seen a screenshot of the restaurants that can be ordered from but would love to see screenshots of the items available. 

From what I can tell, nearly if not all of the entire specialty restaurant menus can be ordered through the MC app via OceanNow. They are all priced a la carte -- around $8 for an app, $19 for a main, and $5 for a dessert. It's pretty cool actually, especially if you can't get a reservation for a particular night. 

• Like 2